Matthew Knies

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
1683316515069.png

Crazy the league just lets this shit happen. Now you have one less fun young player to watch in your league.

He dodged out of shoulder contact so he could sucker him.

Mopar

May 3, 2021
It's been stated here many time but there is no accountability for opposing player staking runs at our stars or young players. None whatsoever.

You think Bennett takes a run like that at Knies with guys like Corson, Tucker, Roberts, Domi, etc. in our lineup like the old days? Not a chance. IF he did he would be beaten and hit so bad it would never happen again.

The game has changed and those guys are fewer and further between now.

Hate this for Knies and our club. Hate that the NHL talks a big game about player safety and then lets a good like Perros run the DOPS. Clown world stuff.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I am not blaming refs, but, the Leafs apparently the second richest team, powerful by all accounts inside the league, cannot get a response for the type of nasty, dangerous, vicious play on the ice or off the ice. A fine?? Laughable in a playoff series.
Bennett tackle was nothing short of potential career ending, far greater than Buntings elbow, and Tkachuks very deliberate elbow, wow.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
View attachment 703358

Crazy the league just lets this shit happen. Now you have one less fun young player to watch in your league.

This is the part a lot of people are ignoring. The initial contact was a sucker punch to the jaw, even before slamming his head against the glass and taking him down.

f*** off to the losers saying it wasn’t a bad play. Either blind or ignorant.

“Naive kid. Knies has to be aware”… aware of what? That isn’t a hockey play. Schenn had multiple reverse hits last night that were completely clean. This wasn’t that. The intention was to injure. What NHL player, regardless of experience, is preparing themselves to get punched in the jaw and slammed by their head into the glass and ice in that situation?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
View attachment 703358

If this is the case and the Leafs don’t make a public statement, what does that say about their organization? Or is this part of the entertainment and they don’t care. Either way, anyone that invests any money into this league is a fool

Reactions: saffronleaf

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
“Naive kid. Knies has to be aware”… aware of what? That isn’t a hockey play. Schenn had multiple reverse hits last night that were completely clean. This wasn’t that. The intention was to injure. What NHL player, regardless of experience, is preparing themselves to get punched in the jaw and slammed by their head into the glass and ice in that situation?
I suppose you could try and respond to that argument but you'd probably lose brain cells doing so like the person who made it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If the Leafs go down 3-0 they should reroute the Wayne Train to Bennettville.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
If the Leafs go down 3-0 they should reroute the Wayne Train to Bennettville.
I'm not sure the Wayne Train shouldn't dress for Game 3. The team didn't sag and hide last night, but they didn't initiate contact either, and no one took Bennett to task for hurting our inspiring rookie. Not a good team look, that.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I am not blaming refs, but, the Leafs apparently the second richest team, powerful by all accounts inside the league, cannot get a response for the type of nasty, dangerous, vicious play on the ice or off the ice. A fine?? Laughable in a playoff series.
Bennett tackle was nothing short of potential career ending, far greater than Buntings elbow, and Tkachuks very deliberate elbow, wow.

Organize a boycott ... just 1 game ...

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Its stupid shit like this that makes me lose more interest in the NHL every year. Its just such a clown run organization. Like imagine having someone whos job was to beat people up be the head of your Department of player safety. He has a clothing line that promotes and cheers on uncalled for violence. Haven't given them a dime in a couple of years (zero leafs merch purchased, no games, don't pay for a subscription to watch etc) and I won't be giving them a dime for many more years to come. This league hates Canada and takes what we give them for granted.
I agree u think the gamblers would start to complain
.how do you have different rules in playoffs its really absurd
My take is how can u bet on a game that top performers in regular season can get mugged hooked held crosschecked at will
It like
Maybe hold back some of the money they pay the poor teams
Tired of 2 sets of rules in the league
The gamblers will complain soon enuff

I'm not sure the Wayne Train shouldn't dress for Game 3. The team didn't sag and hide last night, but they didn't initiate contact either, and no one took Bennett to task for hurting our inspiring rookie. Not a good team look, that.
Wayne Clifford and benn .use them when. Need be
Give extra ice time to the core

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It's been stated here many time but there is no accountability for opposing player staking runs at our stars or young players. None whatsoever.

You think Bennett takes a run like that at Knies with guys like Corson, Tucker, Roberts, Domi, etc. in our lineup like the old days? Not a chance. IF he did he would be beaten and hit so bad it would never happen again.

The game has changed and those guys are fewer and further between now.

Hate this for Knies and our club. Hate that the NHL talks a big game about player safety and then lets a good like Perros run the DOPS. Clown world stuff.
I agree. If my avatar were out there Bennet would be covering the camera as he was led out of the rink from a Wendel Clark beating.

We do have guys who can fight and maybe Schenn should have sent a message but we were down 1 I think when this happened at the very least, tied. So it's not like he can just go after Bennett straight up. Cant gift Florida the power play. But I HOPE that Schenn takes liberties with sending a message to Bennett next time he sees him along the boards.

So ya. Welcome to the league Knies. You are a big kid and your game is going to have to be to get into the ugly areas of the ice...unfortunately this is part of that game. I really do hope the league gets back to that ability to police themselves otherwise it's a very easy calculated cost to take out key players on the other team. We did after all, just benefit from Bunting taking out Cernak.

Unfortunately with the stupid instigator rule...it's REALLY hard to police yourself when shit like this happens.

Reactions: Menzinger

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I agree. If my avatar were out there Bennet would be covering the camera as he was led out of the rink from a Wendel Clark beating.

We do have guys who can fight and maybe Schenn should have sent a message but we were down 1 I think when this happened at the very least, tied. So it's not like he can just go after Bennett straight up. Cant gift Florida the power play. But I HOPE that Schenn takes liberties with sending a message to Bennett next time he sees him along the boards.

So ya. Welcome to the league Knies. You are a big kid and your game is going to have to be to get into the ugly areas of the ice...unfortunately this is part of that game. I really do hope the league gets back to that ability to police themselves otherwise it's a very easy calculated cost to take out key players on the other team. We did after all, just benefit from Bunting taking out Cernak.

Unfortunately with the stupid instigator rule...it's REALLY hard to police yourself when shit like this happens.

It's anti-Leaf bias by Parros...Bennett should have been suspended for at least a couple of games...he's got a history and it was intent to injure...ironically, the fine he got wasn't even for that incident...and that blatant elbow to the head of Knies by Tkachuk was totally ignored by Parros, not even an afterthought...how do you expect a player to avoid another player grabbing their head and pounding it to the ice? I bet if Bennett did that to McDavid, he would have gotten the book thrown at him...but since it happened to a Leaf and "just" a rookie, nothing.

Reactions: hockeyes

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It's anti-Leaf bias by Parros...Bennett should have been suspended for at least a couple of games...he's got a history and it was intent to injure...ironically, the fine he got wasn't even for that incident...and that blatant elbow to the head of Knies by Tkachuk was totally ignored by Parros, not even an afterthought...how do you expect a player to avoid another player grabbing their head and pounding it to the ice? I bet if Bennett did that to McDavid, he would have gotten the book thrown at him...but since it happened to a Leaf and "just" a rookie, nothing.
Kypreos is right here. If Knies doesn't get injured last night there wouldn't be a second thought about that play behind the net. A missed roughing call perhaps but nobody would be bitching about it today.

Reactions: Glacious

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Definitely something that keeps getting overlooked -the instigator really neutralizes the ability for this sort of stuff. At the end of the day, handing the other team a 2-4 min Pp would be a disaster

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Kypreos is right here. If Knies doesn't get injured last night there wouldn't be a second thought about that play behind the net. A missed roughing call perhaps but nobody would be bitching about it today.

But he did get injured, so he doesn't have a point...he thinks he does, but he doesn't...and from the way he answered it, I'm not sure he even watched the game.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
But he did get injured, so he doesn't have a point...he thinks he does, but he doesn't...and from the way he answered it, I'm not sure he even watched the game.

We can't be tossing out suspensions after the fact because of injury. That's a ridiculous standard to go by.

Reactions: Glacious

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
We can't be tossing out suspensions after the fact because of injury. That's a ridiculous standard to go by.

I don't expect anything right from Parros...he is clearly anti-Leaf...since he took over DoPS, there's too much evidence for that in the history of Leaf suspensions/penalties compared to the rest of the league for comparable incidents.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
What are you talking about? Those dops videos they release on their decisions specifically mention whether or not an injury occurred, it is 100% something they normally factor into the situation - when it suits them.

Reactions: WillNy29

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I'm honestly surprised there was even the fine today, but I feel bad for Knies taking a blatant elbow from Tkachuk and then the forearm to the head and body slam from Bennett without

a) any Leaf beating the hell out of them (although tough spot down a game)
b) the league doing anything about the obvious head shots

Hope the kid doesn't start down that concussion road that so many players had curb their careers.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If Simmonds runs Bennett through the boards and pummels him...maybe slams him to the ice as he's falling on him....maybe we lose Sinmonds for the rest of the playoffs....

Reactions: ITM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad