Matthew Knies

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
It's funny how often the main boards whine about everything being Leafs but there are like 5 threads talking about the Leafs on the main board not even started by leaf fans.

And the trolling over there is ridiculous. How bad I want this team to win a cup so the rest of these fanbases can shove it.

It really does feel like the NHL vs Leafs... So frustrating.
It's bizarre. All season you have the same cast of characters whining about all the Leafs talk, telling us that no one cares, yet they are always the same people that sit in those same Leafs threads all day trolling. It's truly pathetic behaviour.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If we so much as like a post on another team's section we get infracted. Seems like it's fine for posters to drop into our threads and comment on shit, though.

There's a double standard, just like the NHL...people and institutions are bias and resentful...but I don't comment or like posts on the mainboards or other teams' forums...not worth my time.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Ok well when one gets reviewed but the other does not, you stay confused. I'm fine.
I don't mean to argue about it. It's a fast game and the refs (and you) have clearly missed one.

Matthew Knies is out with concussion because of Sam Bennett right arm to the face. It's a shame because even as a rookie the Leafs desperately need his size and energy on the forecheck.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
There's a double standard, just like the NHL...people and institutions are bias and resentful...but I don't comment or like posts on the mainboards or other teams' forums...not worth my time.

You’d have to be an absolute loser to do stuff like that. I don’t even think of other teams, let alone take time out of my day to care about what their fans are saying about their team lol.

I just laugh at them when we play them and wonder how Montreal somehow managed to draft a worse prospect first overall than the Leafs managed to draft at 57 the year prior.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Go put up a poll thread and see how many non partial fans think that what Bennet did is worthy of suspension. The only people who are going to side with you are Leaf fans with blinders on.
It was cheap, but not sure it was suspension worthy. It’s a bit of an exaggeration on here, like it was the British Bulldogs finishing move

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
It was cheap, but not sure it was suspension worthy. It’s a bit of an exaggeration on here, like it was the British Bulldogs finishing move
sounds good lets let simmonds do the exact same thing next game

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Bennett knew exactly what he was doing .. you have never played a junior or pro game if you think otherwise .. he took advantage of a young kid from ncaa hokey where they don't really get da game yet

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Ya I agree. Bennett was purposefully rough with the kid but I don't think he was head hunting.
It my day in 70s and 80s yes it was ok you could finish a guy along glass with a hit and then use your elbow/hand to smash his head extra in glass .. there was never a penalty called .. it was a normal play in junior or minor pro or pro .. but you can't take a guy down to ice and then ring back of his head off da ice .. if you have ever landed on your head without expecting it you will see stars asap and your legs will be wobbly .. this is what happened to Knies .. in todays hockey he should have pulled a DeBrusk and stayed down on ice for 5 minutes pretending he can't get up .. it forces da refs and leagues hand .. sad but true state of NHL today

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It my day in 70s and 80s yes it was ok you could finish a guy along glass with a hit and then use your elbow/hand to smash his head extra in glass .. there was never a penalty called .. it was a normal play in junior or minor pro or pro .. but you can't take a guy down to ice and then ring back of his head off da ice .. if you have ever landed on your head without expecting it you will see stars asap and your legs will be wobbly .. this is what happened to Knies .. in todays hockey he should have pulled a DeBrusk and stayed down on ice for 5 minutes pretending he can't get up .. it forces da refs and leagues hand .. sad but true state of NHL today
Now Keefer has no choice but to dress Wayner and then he will probably do something really stupid to Bennett .. but I would wait til game is out of control before unleashing da beast .. then whatever cross check him in teeth first and then finish him off by breaking his nose with 2nd crosscheck on ice .. there will be a lot of blood and another concussion but sometimes you gotta police your own game because NHL decided not too ..

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
part of the problem now is the equipment ...getting hit in the head with the modern elbow pads is like a getting hit with 2-handed pipe swing.
the old pads were soft(er), still hurt, but, not nearly as damaging.
good (bad) example is the Bunting elbow to be honest, it looked like a graze, but took him out.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Ya I agree. Bennett was purposefully rough with the kid but I don't think he was head hunting.
perhaps if he didnt grab him around the head before throwing him to the ice, i'd agree.
..this is .same guy who couldnt do chin ups at the combine, as a full grown man now, he's much stronger than a 20 year old 'child' and it showed.
you dont get your full adult strength until your mid 20's

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
Now Keefer has no choice but to dress Wayner and then he will probably do something really stupid to Bennett .. but I would wait til game is out of control before unleashing da beast .. then whatever cross check him in teeth first and then finish him off by breaking his nose with 2nd crosscheck on ice .. there will be a lot of blood and another concussion but sometimes you gotta police your own game because NHL decided not too ..
Jesus y’all are unhinged in here. Literally foaming out the mouth for a rough borderline play.
Ive hated Bennet for time but I really don’t see this as a suspension.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
part of the problem now is the equipment ...getting hit in the head with the modern elbow pads is like a getting hit with 2-handed pipe swing.
the old pads were soft(er), still hurt, but, not nearly as damaging.
good (bad) example is the Bunting elbow to be honest, it looked like a graze, but took him out.
on an open ice play yes .. but on glass or ice there is no give at all it comes down to how hard you want to smash guys head .. it is a deliberate decision to do it every time .. depending on guy you make da call .. i would always let up with teams goal scorer or a non physical guy just to let them know I was there and only really go full throttle on other big boys ... but clearly da code is gone in todays hockey .. Bennett decided to take out da rook and he did

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
If I'm Keefe I have this on repeat in the Leafs dressing room the rest of the series.
No Leaf took Bennett to task during the heat of the moment. Do we actually believe that after a cold sober look they'll do anything else except be scared of having their own lunch money bullied from them?

Reactions: saffronleaf

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Jesus y’all are unhinged in here. Literally foaming out the mouth for a rough borderline play.
Ive hated Bennet for time but I really don’t see this as a suspension.
I agree. It's still a man's game. Knies is naive, and his teammates are gutless. Poor kid has lots to learn - this isn't Tampa or Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad