Rumor: Matt Sekeres (Daily Hive) - Winnipeg Jets team to watch on JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Seems to me all these Rumours are coming from people either with Vancouver or Rutherford connections. I think he is trying to get a bidding war started for Miller but my question is why does he want to trade Miller?

Reactions: Flan the incredible

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Seems to me all these Rumours are coming from people either with Vancouver or Rutherford connections. I think he is trying to get a bidding war started for Miller but my question is why does he want to trade Miller?
Miller is a very valuable piece that any contender would love to have (and many contenders could afford to fit) whose play far outperforms his cap hit. The Canucks are unlikely to be contenders this season or next season, and probably can't afford him on his next contract.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
In terms of media sources, Daily hive has an amateurish reputation in Vancouver. It’s a source that’s okay when they report stuff, but it’s one that you stay far away from whenever they provide any semblance of an opinion.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014

You hit the nail right on the head. I almost wonder if something happened and he needs to ship him out. Its weird every day its a new team entering the mix and some of them make zero sense.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
if the jets go for a deadline deal it would most likely be a depth winger

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks fans sure are dreaming big. Necas+Drury, Newhook+Barron, Schneider+Kravtsov+1st, Perfetti+Heinola.

Miller is great and he’s not a rental. He’s a legit first liner. He’s also not a superstar and he’s got 1.5 years of good contract left.

A package including a 1st, a really solid prospect who maybe was a recent later 1st and is trending well, another nice pick, and a youngish NHLer who maybe needs a change of scenery but has upside…I mean that is probably more what we are looking at.

I will be shocked if teams give young NHLers with big upside who are already critical pieces of their team (Necas, Jarvis, Newhook) or crown jewel prospects who occupy a unique projection position for their clubs (Schneider, Perfetti).

Hey if you are a contender and want that big piece for a cup, sometimes you have to pay up. Miller can put some teams over the edge so he is really an important player. Also when have you seen a superstar under contract for multiple years get traded on trade deadline? Hfboard really overrating all these prospects for proven NHL top line players. I see 3rd liners get traded for mid 1st round pick plus every deadline day but somehow Miller is worth same :laugh:. Dude stop day dreaming, Canucks will nkt trade Miller unless it helps Canucks. They can easily keep him and trade Boeser. Canucks have the leverage on all the teams that want Miller. They have him under contract for next year too, so for Canucks its not urgent. But a team like Avs and Jets, they might only have a small window to win a cup before more depth is given up due to salary cap.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Hey if you are a contender and want that big piece for a cup, sometimes you have to pay up. Miller can put some teams over the edge so he is really an important player. Also when have you seen a superstar under contract for multiple years get traded on trade deadline? Hfboard really overrating all these prospects for proven NHL top line players. I see 3rd liners get traded for mid 1st round pick plus every deadline day but somehow Miller is worth same :laugh:. Dude stop day dreaming, Canucks will nkt trade Miller unless it helps Canucks. They can easily keep him and trade Boeser. Canucks have the leverage on all the teams that want Miller. They have him under contract for next year too, so for Canucks its not urgent. But a team like Avs and Jets, they might only have a small window to win a cup before more depth is given up due to salary cap.
1000% perfetti is not going anywhere in a deal for someone who has 1.5 years left, it is not a starting point what so ever.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Unless Perfetti is on the table, there really isn't much of a fit with Winnipeg for a Miller trade. That's just how it is.

I actually think Gawanke/Chisholm project as NHLers and are decent pieces, but the Canucks aren't going to accept Gawanke + 1st for Miller.

That would be terrible, Canucks gave up more for UFA Toffoli who played 14 games for Canucks and was a much lesser player compared to Miller now at time of trade.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I doubt Horvat will be moved, or at least at this TDL. I feel like trading Horvat and Miller is the right long term move for the team but I don’t think that will happen. Miller being traded is possible, but once Miller is moved how do you convince Horvat to stay? Miller is our best forward and without him the top 6 opens up a huge hole, basically Horvat is the only legit centre who can win face offs, you’re not going very far in that case. I have a very hard time seeing how moving Miller doesn’t trigger Horvat wanting out as a UFA, especially given he had to see guys like Tanev and Markstrom walk a few seasons ago who he was close to. Once Miller is moved it’s basically a sign of a retooling/taking a step back which it sounds like Horvat wants no part of.
If you trade both Horvat and Miller, then how will you convince Pettersson to stay or Boeser?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I mean one way or the other something has to give… so you hang on to both miller and bo. Still a fringe playoff team and they potentially both walk to UFA? I get what you’re saying. No matter what we do there will be a substantial hole. But got to start somewhere. Our D needs revamped and there’s no money to fix that area (without freeing up contracts). Drafting and developing from within is very important so at least accumulating picks could be beneficial (long term, maybe not so much in the now).

Problem is we have 7 million OEL who we got this off season. We would have 7 million if we didnt have OEL and we would have Guenther replacing Miller, assuming if we wanted to trade Miller to create addition 5 million of cap space. Not sure Keeping both Myer and OEL and having 3 D making 7 million per year each, if you average them is wise moving forward while adding another D that will want to make same 3 years down the road.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Problem is we have 7 million OEL who we got this off season. We would have 7 million if we didnt have OEL and we would have Guenther replacing Miller, assuming if we wanted to trade Miller to create addition 5 million of cap space. Not sure Keeping both Myer and OEL and having 3 D making 7 million per year each, if you average them is wise moving forward while adding another D that will want to make same 3 years down the road.
Don’t disagree with that… OEL would be a hard move though. And he’d have to waive too. Maybe Myers can be moved but feel like BB likes him so ya tough spot. No real easy fix.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Don’t disagree with that… OEL would be a hard move though. And he’d have to waive too. Maybe Myers can be moved but feel like BB likes him so ya tough spot. No real easy fix.
well we cant really fix the D until we either move Myers or OEL to open up cap space. Transferring more cap from forward group to D group will not be good since most of our forwards are underpaid right now except pettersson. We need to trade OEL or Myers of we want to really fix the D.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah I really hate when people do that. Mentioning how many years a player has left under contract while thinking prospects are going to be ELC forever.
no, perfetti will be on his elc for 3 whole seasons then we will have 4 more years of control after that, where as miller only has 1.5 years left on his current contract where it will take a raise for him to even re-sign with us, money that we don't even have.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Any team that is a contender has interest in Miller...without any trade restrictions + having another year at 5.25 which can be retained on, I think it’s safe to say he will return a haul. Winnipeg fans are not going to like it but I’d want Perfetti and if that’s a no, I’d be perfectly fine moving on knowing another team will match the asking price. With that being said, I don’t think there is much of a fit with Winnipeg as they really have no reason to push their chips into the middle, even though Miller is the type of player that could put even a team like that into serious cup contention - especially if you’re adding him without taking anything away from your roster.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I heard this b4 the Schmidt trade happened. Don't think Jets have interest anymore and canuck fans need to stop pretending you gonna be getting grade A prospects for him anyways

Typical hfboards tho

Reactions: Pongs21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad