Massive changes coming to Vancouver Canucks coaching staff Monday

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
Been following the Canucks since 82 - this is one of the most embarrassing periods in the past 40 years. Management look like Buffoons - I suspect the owner has a hand in this gong show too. Aside from bringing in Tocchet to babysit JT Miller , Im fully braced for a potential Horvat trade that will feature a late first round pick coming back as the centerpiece. This can and probably will get worse.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
As an Oiler fan the Nucks are one of my more hated teams, but I feel so bad for essentially everyone other than management and ownership.

I just can't believe an organization would do this to someone.

I'm not a fan of the whole jersey throwing thing, but if this was happening in Edmonton I think I'd be throwing as much of my Oiler gear on the ice that I could bring to a game.

Reactions: bh53 and Bobby9

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Should have let Trevor Linden run the organization years ago when he wanted a proper rebuild. Rather than some incompetent GM and meddling owner run the show
It’s been a laugh show for a decade
I think if you put your two comments together is why Linden never stuck around. You can be the best executive or GM in the league, but if you have an owner meddling you can look like the worse.

Reactions: bh53

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think if you put your two comments together is why Linden never stuck around. You can be the best executive or GM in the league, but if you have an owner meddling you can look like the worse.

Plus, I think Linden was cornered because he had a different vision than ownership and Benning.

Meddling or no meddling, if you don't believe in the blueprint, then Linden has no use being there.

Reactions: joestevens29

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Tocchet must be desperate for a HC job because the deck is stacked against him in Vancouver. Fans & media are hating the mistreatment of Boudreau, and it won't be a warm reception for him as he enters our shitstorm.

I imagine he'll be tasked with turning the Canucks into a defense-first team to mitigate the gaping hole we have on defense. It'll be very interesting to keep an eye on how he handles JT Miller. Interesting times ahead.

Whats going on with Boudreau? Whats the mistreatments?

Havent followed the situation at all.

I just know that Boudreau has not thebest reputation in the playoffs, but usually gets things done in the RS so its odd seeing the Canucks struggle so hard

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Rick Tocchet seems to be the only guy with some experience willing to take a team midseason . Must be very desperate to get back to coaching. Last season he supposedly was the best option available if Dallas was to fire Bowness which lead to Dallas keeping Bones .
It's wild to me that Tocchet is considered the best candidate for a head coaching position in any scenario but wanting to tank. Guy made the playoffs once as a head coach, and it was in a season where there was the Covid stoppage and then a playin.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Whats going on with Boudreau? Whats the mistreatments?

Havent followed the situation at all.

I just know that Boudreau has not thebest reputation in the playoffs, but usually gets things done in the RS so its odd seeing the Canucks struggle so hard

Rutherford has publicly called him out this year, and now it's just this open secret that Vancouver is going to hire Rick Tochett to replace him but they haven't even fired him yet.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Like back to the Ducks, where he got fired in 2016? Back to those Ducks?
Sure, why not? Don’t think he can make them any worse at this point. Full disclosure , I just want bedard to end up there, I like Anaheim, and feel for bad for Bruce, think he’s getting the shaft and taking the blame for some really horrible management decisions above him and would like to see a redemption story for him and Anaheim, so I teamed them up.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Was a Knicks fan and the owner was meddling so bad that can I cannot watch them anymore. It’s funny cause Dolan owns Knicks and Rangers He stays away from hockey operations but not basketball. Look the performance difference between those two team
Aquilini considered the worse owner of a NHL team

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For those of us who haven't been following closely, can someone give bullet points on what makes the Canucks such a tire fire compared to the other tanking teams?
Tanking? They do nothing right in the organization for the last decade that they can't even do that right!:laugh:

Couldn't they have just canned him weeks ago and went with Mike Yeo (the ultimate TANK commander) until Tocchet was allowed to leave TNT?

And Tocchet? Really? Tocchet? LOL

Tocchet....... :laugh:

The Tocchet kind and fetish is one of the weirdest ones I've seen. I don't even know how he still gets jobs.:laugh:

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Get out of there Bruce! Take the rest of the year off with your full pay. You dont need this s#$t!

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Weekes has a good track record. If you know someone who's 100%, then you probably know someone who hasn't broken any news.
well I know Eklund has a pretty good track record, he is my go to source for NHL news! he is not quite at a 100 percent:sarcasm:, but still reliable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad