Massive changes coming to Vancouver Canucks coaching staff Monday

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I heard that Tocchet’s contract at TNT is the holdup and it takes some time before he can leave, I doubt Bruce is being kept around as a big FU.

I do find it hilarious though how Rutherford didn’t even know Bruce was on a 2 year deal when he took the GM job. Then he bitches about BB’s ability to coach defense when he put together a roster that lacks good defensive players, and now Tocchet needs to come in to ”keep Miller in check” who senile Jim signed to that fat contract.

He’s lucky he inherited that Pens team and won cups. I really don’t like him. Never hear him being accountable for anything.

So what about the TNT contract? They can fire BB properly instead of this clown show (he is obviously getting fired no matter what, it's a fait accompli). Then, let Yeo hold down the fort for a couple weeks.

What's happening now is pathetic and embarrassing.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
So what about the TNT contract? They can fire BB properly instead of this clown show (he is obviously getting fired no matter what, it's a fait accompli). Then, let Yeo hold down the fort for a couple weeks.

Exactly. The TNT thing is not a reason. I'm sure there are countless examples of a team not being able to hire a guy they want when they want so they carry on business as usual until then, whether they keep their current guy, hire an interim coach or whatever.

This is something else completely. I don't know what, but it's not normal. It's cruel.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Good for fans supporting him through this shit show.

It’s reached put Vancouver on your no trade list and don’t consider taking a job there territory the way this has been handled.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bruce isn’t the right coach for this team, but the guy still deserves better

Reactions: Love

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
No coach deserves this level of dysfunction from management. I honestly hope every coach that is interviewed for this job, turns it down. There's no way that they can trust Rutheford to either have their back, or do the right thing with the roster decisions that need to be made.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
No coach deserves this level of dysfunction from management. I honestly hope every coach that is interviewed for this job, turns it down. There's no way that they can trust Rutheford to either have their back, or do the right thing with the roster decisions that need to be made.

They already have their coach

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
They already have their coach
Then why play this charade? Why drag everyone in the organization through the mud. I hope Tocchet realizes just how bad a situation this and it could cost him any future coaching gigs.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Fans want them to tank and it is clear it is what they are doing by creating this circus like distracting and demoralizing atmosphere. It's a pretty shitty way to do it, especially the attitude towards Boudreau. Rather they just trade away Horvat, Kuzmenko, Schenn and put a few guys on waivers. But we're getting what we want. I wouldn't be surprised if this team finishes dead last at this rate.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

The only reason would be that they don't want to pay the extra 500k to 1m prorated during that time for Yeo to be head coach, and they hoped it would not leak.

They failed.

• Haha
Reactions: NJDevs26

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019

My hat off to Canucks fans. Well done.

Agreed. I've given a lot of s*** to Nuk fans but this is a despicable ownership and it's nice to see the fans know exactly what's up. Too bad there remain too many institutional clients, i.e. law firms and accounting firms, that keep buying season tickets lol. The only way to get rid of aquilini is to cause him financial pain. Shame clearly doesn't work.

Then why play this charade? Why drag everyone in the organization through the mud. I hope Tocchet realizes just how bad a situation this and it could cost him any future coaching gigs.
Agreed. No doubt Tocchet wants to get another coaching gig. He wants to stay relevant. But what exactly do you expect to accomplish here, really? Plus the fans have been driven to loyalty for Boudreau not so much out of good results, but out of an aligned dislike of ownership and management. Talk about a difficult room to walk into...

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
If I were Bruce, I would resign. I know he gets the laugh when he collects his money while home enjoying himself but the way they’re dragging him through this is ridiculous. I’d love to see them scramble a little without a HC, albeit briefly. It’s so disgraceful and disrespectful and I’d love to see someone stick it to him.

The entire coaching staff should show solidarity and walk together. It’s very likely 2 or more will get let go when the coaching change anyways. Tocchet is likely bringing his assistants on board too or at least, it’s rumoured he will.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's wild to me that Tocchet is considered the best candidate for a head coaching position in any scenario but wanting to tank. Guy made the playoffs once as a head coach, and it was in a season where there was the Covid stoppage and then a playin.

Good external coaches rarely are available midseason. Usually want to come into training camp and have time to work to establish everything how they want their team to play like and build up a good working relationship with the players and other staff you don't bring in yourself . Not to mention how much of the mess the Canucks currently are. I don't think there's a single high profile coach that would take over this team right now . The way this plays out you get to take over an incredibly demoralized team. Players aren't robots . They see whats going on. Not to mention how much of a shit job Canucks front office and ownership are doing . This turns people off.

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
He seems like a real deal genuinely nice guy. All the best for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad