Massive changes coming to Vancouver Canucks coaching staff Monday

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
it's a chant that fans started making whenever a game was won after bb took ove last year. yesterday they chanted it not ironically when we were down 4-1 because they know he's been treated badly this season and has been hung out to dry and is apparently about to be fired. it's basically saying we know it is not your fault. the play by play team also did an extended take praising him.

not your average reaction to a coach with a terrible record about to be fired.
The funny thing is if they’d just ripped the band aid off three weeks ago the way they should have, there wouldn’t have been 1/10th of the backlash there is (and still will be) by drawing this out so publicly and treating Bruce like dog excrement.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Every single time I talk about how the Canucks leak stuff in threads here a Canucks fan says definitely there are no leaks in that organization based on apparently nothing. How the hell can a coaching change like this leak so early?

A lot more (public) moving parts here.

They went to Vegas to meet with Tochett

Tochett himself may have told people

There’s the whole network he was working for that would become aware

What do you mean .. “apparently nothing”? The Canucks office hasn’t leaked any trade that’s happened since they got in there; they are pretty quiet with “insiders”. This was different.

I've starting to wonder if Boudreau pays people to post favorable comments on HF.

I've never seen such a terrible coach get so much love.

599 wins and 317 losses in his coaching career isn’t terrible

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If you're Tocchet, are you that desperate to get an NHL coaching gig that you'd walk in there after seeing how the organization treats its current bench boss? Never mind the team is a mess with the captain most likely walking at the end of the season.

Professionals in sports never think it will happen to them. Ever. They always think they're too good.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The Oilers should all shake Boudreau's hand after the game. Right there on the ice. I know it's a business, but the way he's been treated, in full view of the public, has been so egregious the Canucks should have egg on their face all weekend long. If there's a Monday press conference to announce Tocchett, it'll be must see. Wonder what % of those questions wind up being about how Tocchett intends to coach. 5%? 10%?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
TNT should hire him for Tocchet's spot
That would be cool, but I also feel the other guys would constantly rib him and make it awkward laughing about how he and Tocch traded jobs.

They constantly asked Tocchet about the potential Flyers gig last year on-air and they were asking him just the other night about the Canucks talk and if he had indeed taken the job and if he was under contract there already.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If the Canucks continue to tank under Tocchet, I suppose they could blame it on his hair or something.

It speaks volumes when the coach comes out and accepts all the chatter without creating waves. Boudreau is a good dude.

Second Breakfast

Jul 4, 2010
Sherwood Park, AB
Oilers fan here. Having lived through the decade (or longer) of darkness with Kevin Lowe and Co. at the helm, I feel for Canucks fans. Their management and ownership is showing themselves to be every bit as incompetent. Bruce Boudreau is a class act. The Canucks, not so much.
Bruce is totally a class act! I love the guy. The Canucks as usual, are not looking good!

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Can someone explain this whole situation to me like I’m 5 years old?
Why is Bruce taking so much flak? Why were the fans chanting Bruce there it is? Why was he “emotional” and patted his chest on the bench?

I am confusion.

P.s. been out of the social media loop for the last week or so.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Can someone explain this whole situation to me like I’m 5 years old?
Why is Bruce taking so much flak? Why were the fans chanting Bruce there it is? Why was he “emotional” and patted his chest on the bench?

I am confusion.

P.s. been out of the social media loop for the last week or so.
it's a take on "whoomp there it is" song, he helped end their skid last season and had a winning streak to boot so he was honored by fans. Bruce is taking flak because the team sucks, but it's mostly down to management not standing by him, and saying he and the team need to try harder. He was emotional because he knows with this record and management rift he knows it could be one of his last games there and felt the fans love.

It is puzzling that the players won't stand with him in the press, there is literally nothing to lose by doing it, except showing leadership. Guess that's why Horvat up for grabs... He should be saying something more when the situation is this drastic.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
The Canucks have to do a tear down. The forwards are a bunch of one-way players and the d is a mix of big, slow and bad defensively and short, slight and bad defensively. I think their management knows this, but the question is, will the meddling owner let them do what they need to. As for Boudreau it was sad and surprising to see the way the players and owner took it out of him.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I hope the fans boo the hell out of Tocchet his first night behind the bench.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Reports on Rick Tocchet being the head coach has been basically confirmed.

New information tonight, Sergei Gonchar, an Adam foote will be added as assistant coaches

Bruce likely to get fired after tonight‘s game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad