Massive changes coming to Vancouver Canucks coaching staff Monday

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I just find it once again unfair, that Bruce Boudreau gets Mike Yeo, and trent cull,
And Rick Tocchet gets Gonchar and foote.:confused:

Would be nice to see Boudreau with them instead, both are significant upgrades as assistant coaches, or at least I know Gonchar for sure is.

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021
TNT should hire him for Tocchet's spot
He bought a minor league hockey team in Hershey during/shortly after the pandemic and was occasionally doing pre game, intermission and post game stuff for NBC Sports Network Washington so he has some expierence there being behind a desk id love to see it

Reactions: Dialamo

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Can someone explain this whole situation to me like I’m 5 years old?
Why is Bruce taking so much flak? Why were the fans chanting Bruce there it is? Why was he “emotional” and patted his chest on the bench?

I am confusion.

P.s. been out of the social media loop for the last week or so.

I believe it might have been Bruce was never a choice of jr and it wouldn’t have been him have we hired jr first. But why like this I have no clue. These losers jr and Francisco has no shame.

I just find it once again unfair, that Bruce Boudreau gets Mike Yeo, and trent cull,

Would be nice to see Boudreau with them instead, both are significant upgrades as assistant coaches, or at least I know Gonchar for sure is.
Wasn’t Yeo chosen by Bruce ? Trent cull was just an internal promotion.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
It's just weird to see all your teams former guys wash up on the west coast. The Pens were generally a pretty classy organization who treated people well, now we have this shit show with Boudreau and Alvin, Rutherford, Tocchet and Gonchar all part of it. Ownership really can be that big of a difference I guess. Granted most of this is probably on Rutherford, he didn't HAVE to undercut Bruce publicly but he did multiple times.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It's just weird to see all your teams former guys wash up on the west coast. The Pens were generally a pretty classy organization who treated people well, now we have this shit show with Boudreau and Alvin, Rutherford, Tocchett and Gonchar all part of it. Ownership really can be that big of a difference I guess. Granted most of this is probably on Rutherford, he didn't HAVE to undercut Bruce publicly but he did multiple times.
I thought Gonchar was pretty highly regarded?

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
So they’re actually going with Tocchet? Is he to keep the bench warm until they’re competitive, ala Quinn in New York.

Reactions: SniperHF

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Jim Rutherford is a disgrace. I don’t care if this is the owners decision to keep trotting poor Bruce out there.

Rutherford should quit if the owner is forcing him to treat Bruce like this.

Hopefully Leafs management brings Bruce home in some capacity after he escapes this hell known as the Vancouver Canucks.
Totally agree …great post

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He's a good assistant, players like him. No head coaching success to speak of though.

He's a dreadful head coach. Joke of a system filled with buzzword concepts that snow executives, despite supposedly being a player's coach he seems to get on the bad side of 1/5th of his roster and drive them out of town, players on an upward trajectory suddenly start heading downward with maybe a few exceptions.

Also tends to run his goalies into the ground. About the only positive I'll say about him is young players with a lot of innate talent tend to fit in quickly and contribute, but again as mentioned before their progression seems to stop cold or worse. Your toolsy 19 and 20 year olds will look great and then 2 years later you'll wonder why they never break out of tweener production.

He's also the complete opposite a coach as he was a player, his teams are utterly gutless culturally.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Hey let's turn this into a circus and then hire a far far worse coach.
The best kind of karma that can happen for that franchise for this crap is to win enough to just barely miss and not get a top 15 pick. That would seem fitting for the way JR and Allvin screwed Boudreau with some awful moves in the summer that didn’t fix their defense issues and then doubled down on the stupid by stripping away more bottom 6 two way talent they desperately needed to keep.

Good, he's your problem now. :)
If only we could convince them to make Sullivan resign and take the job there.

• Love
Reactions: 66-30-33

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Apparently we’ll take anyway who has anything to do with Pittsburgh
There was a reason none of us Pens were sad to see JR go there and then when he hired Allvin as well. It’s a shame JR didn’t hire away more debris from the Pens that needed to be dumped.

Lol Gonchar. He and Sullivan both advocated for Jack Johnson to JR.

Good lord, I feel legitimately sorry for you lot.

What’s next? Mark Recchi to run the powerplay? Dan Bylsma and Mike Johnston are also free.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
Good for Bruce to get out of this mess, lucky to everyone who gets to leave at the deadline, guessing it’s only a matter of time before players start requesting out also

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I believe it might have been Bruce was never a choice of jr and it wouldn’t have been him have we hired jr first. But why like this I have no clue. These losers jr and Francisco has no shame.

Wasn’t Yeo chosen by Bruce ? Trent cull was just an internal promotion.
Yeo and cull are complete crap. I wish Bruce had chosen a better assistant like last year when he was with Shaw.

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
It seems like the only way to fix this problem is a scorched Earth rebuild, similar to what Chicago and Montreal are currently doing. Not one player should be off the table. I doubt Rutherford has the stones to do it, but this organization has been rotten to the core since the day they signed Mark Messier and gave him #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad