Player Discussion Marner

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Team high 6 shots on goal was nice to see. He needs to get the puck on net more often.

Reactions: Roo

Mar 26, 2010
Let him walk or trade him. Overrated.

Willy is the way better player.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Very little .. did i missplace one word? You only said it was weird? Haha. You seem to have a bad memory. I said that I only watch parts of some games. You latched on to that statement, twisted it to I dont watch the games and argued that since you've watched each and every one of his games since jr, it made you an expert over me. Doesnt look like you were right does it?
Looks exactly like I was right, and my memory is very good. Watching games doesn't make one an expert, but it is a bit weird to criticize a player for their good performance in a win you didn't see most of, and it probably contributed to you being wrong about Marner.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Team high 6 shots on goal was nice to see. He needs to get the puck on net more often.
Why? The goal isn't to put the puck on the net, it's to put the puck in the net.

Marner's muffin of a shot often goes on the net, but rarely in the net so all it does is pad his stats but it doesn't help the team win. I guess that's good for Team Marner and if you're a member of his family, I guess it would be "nice to see". It's not good for the hockey team though so it's just a question of where your priorities lie.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Looks exactly like I was right, and my memory is very good. Watching games doesn't make one an expert, but it is a bit weird to criticize a player for their good performance in a win you didn't see most of, and it probably contributed to you being wrong about Marner.
So initially you said I said I saw none of the game.

Now you've backed off that statement?

That already is a huge descrepancy, and a huge misrepresentation of my posts.

Shows just how good your memory is.

Also... its funny that you went from being Marners biggest defender then and afterwards to now saying that all you said was that "you thought it was weird". Are you ashamed you backed him so much?

Know that Im going to post your posts from those games.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why? The goal isn't to put the puck on the net, it's to put the puck in the net.

Marner's muffin of a shot often goes on the net, but rarely in the net so all it does is pad his stats but it doesn't help the team win. I guess that's good for Team Marner and if you're a member of his family, I guess it would be "nice to see". It's not good for the hockey team though so it's just a question of where your priorities lie.
His hand eye is unreal and he does some unreal things, but for the love of God why cant improve his shot? He had some shots toward the net, but it didn’t feel like legit scoring chances.

Let him walk or trade him. Overrated.

Willy is the way better player.
Willy was back to being lazy Willy last night.

Reactions: Roo and Gary Nylund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad