Player Discussion Marner

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
What money player won in the past change anything about what they are...

especially with Nylander who now winning 11,5M...
Nylander will begin playing for that $11.5mm next week.

It is good to know you won't hold him accountable for that contract.

As you said:
1-Who care about how much they was winning money, that changing absolutly nothing of what they did on the ice?!?!

Reactions: Roo

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That’s interesting given how key he was for two of our goals. One no-look pass on the money to set up AM34, and another key battle won to keep possession and get it to Matthews who made a sweet play to get to to JT. Those two goals don’t happen if not for Marner. I guess you must have missed those.
Yes, one lucky pass to Matthews and one excellent play by Matthews got him two assists.

In not much more than half the ice time Nylander had three goals, and you might admit that without him, none of those goals would have happened.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
every hockey can make good play, good shot or good pass... The difference between depht player and elite player is the rate at wich they are able to make those play.

I'm sure there are tonnes of good plays made every game.

There are not as many Ovechkins, Stamkos, ... and Matthews around to finish those plays.

Oates, Backstrom, marner benefit.

Make those same passes to Engvall and ...

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
every hockey can make good play, good shot or good pass... The difference between depht player and elite player is the rate at wich they are able to make those play.
I'd say as important is the ratio of good plays to bad plays.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

There are not as many Ovechkins, Stamkos, ... and Matthews around to finish those plays.

they are not a ton of playmaker doing it more than backstrom, marner, thornton

Like ovy, matthews and cie benefit of backstrom, marner and cie...

Jonathan Cheechoo already got 56 goal and won maurice richard trophy playing alongside. Did Thornton benefit of Cheechoo or tue reverse?

put Matthews, ovy and whatever with engval and they don't score as much...

Great player will still be great player but for surw if you put 2 great player together, you will get better result...Its true for marner, true for Matthews and true for everybody...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
they are not a ton of playmaker doing it more than backstrom, marner, thornton

Like ovy, matthews and cie benefit of backstrom, marner and cie...

Jonathan Cheechoo already got 56 goal and won maurice richard trophy playing alongside. Did Thornton benefit of Cheechoo or tue reverse?

put Matthews, ovy and whatever with engval and they don't score as much...

Great player will still be great player but for surw if you put 2 great player together, you will get better result...Its true for marner, true for Matthews and true for everybody...

Don't disagree two very good players are better than one.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
No one hates playing against Nylander :laugh:
No one hates playing against the Leafs in playoffs.
Our top guys are just Beta Chokers.

It is always fun playing against the Leafs in playoffs bc opposing teams won all but ONE series

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Run it back for 8 years by signing another regular season darling
Like I always said, if our boys play for any other teams, we would all be laughing at them for choking and the MGT for still believing and running it back without any changes.

But bc they play of the Leafs, we end up supporting them and hoping this is the year as they learned their lessons from past playoffs, as they are right there, they are close and just need a few bounces to WIN……..a round.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Fresh take.
Got that from the Amazon series. Never realized it till watching that episode, lol.

Okay. Didn't realize that they were sharing. Yeah that's fine, I thought Rielly got stripped of it.

If he takes anything around 12 on a contract extension, he will earn back a lot of public good will. Hope that happens.
Leafs just need to win the Cup and all is good.
Or at the very least not have someone credible like Ray Ferraro stating ‘looked disinterested in Game 7’

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

The same is true the other way. Outside of Nylander and possibly Domi which players on our team are teeing it up perfectly like that for Matthews on his first goal. I’d say probably no one. What makes guys like oats, backstrom and Marner great players is that they consistently know how to get the puck to their goal scorers. And that’s why the star goal scorers loved them and wanted to play a long side them. It’s not as sexy as goal scoring but being able to set guys up perfectly is an art in itself.

McMann for example is not making the other of those plays Marner did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad