Player Discussion Marner

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Short memory? Sportsnet is already tracking it. Two consecutive playoffs they have posted his distance from the net in the postseason. Heres the headline from last years:

Dont get too emotional when you read the quote below from the article..it does indicate Marner is a "wild outlier".

Thoughts after Toronto’s Game 3 loss: Go to the net, Mitch
When the Leafs lost in last year’s playoffs, I wrote about how their core players struggled to get in close to the net. But really, Marner was a wild outlier compared to the other three. These were their average shot distances (measured in feet from the net on average) in last year’s playoffs, compared to the regular season:
no I remember reading your posts about it, saturday night was a good reminder though that impactful plays can be made from the blueline though (imo)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They have Matthews and Nylander signed for 3 more yrs so the likelihood of them winning soon is very low so if the wheels fall completely off this year I would be looking for good young talent (especially D) and draft picks to play with Knies, Minton , Cowan and hopefully Woll.

I want a number 1 D, but not a 28 yr old

Doesn't everyone!

Unless drafted, going to continue to be a fantasy.

Anyway, Little m, will re-sign, so only Tavares money will be available anyway.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If it looked worse live there would be extensive footage posted not a no context, meaningless still frame.
Everyone knows the silly games played here, we see them every day.
He passed out of an open net in a prime shooting position. You work all PP to get the opportunity he passed out of.

We saw it live, lots of GDT comments, and follow up stills on a few hockey sites.

Doesn't need to be much more than that. Shit happens.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If this was at all true, we’d have no threads open on here. But nice try to portray yourself as a victim of the moderation when you very clearly are not whatsoever.
It was happening, not sure who or why. However, enough posters complained and finally they were permitted to stay open.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Because it wasn't as simple as the misleading freeze frame makes it look.
It looked far worse live.

I was watching in real time and saw the cross ice pass to a wide open net and then he does a slap pass back to the point?

Almost turned the game off right there

Mitch Marner is the hockey equivalent of Ben Simmons right now

Reactions: NVious

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It looked far worse live.

I was watching in real time and saw the cross ice pass to a wide open net and then he does a slap pass back to the point?

Almost turned the game off right there

Mitch Marner is the hockey equivalent of Ben Simmons right now
Reminder how he got last years high ankle sprain:

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
One isn't available. So losing Marner doesn't get you that. It gets you things that make you wish you had Marner again.
Marner isn't even remotely close to a 12 million dollar player. His p/60 goes from 12th in the season to 42nd in the playoffs. His g/60 goes from 104th in the season to 205th in the playoffs.

Paying him 12 million would make him a top 5 player in the league, come playoff time he's not even top 50, especially when you factor in he doesn't hit, he doesn't fight and just in general he is a cowardly overpaid spoiled little brat.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad