Prospect Info: Marner Magic about to take OHL by kNight -All purpose thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I just don't think he was that bad in the first game for way better to be just ok. Bob McGill and I few others I recall said he played great in the first game. I didn't think he played great. I though he was nervous the first half and pretty good the second.

What letter grade would you give him on his performance this game C or C+?

I don't think anyone stood out in the game really for the Leafs that you could say they had a strong or good game overall, outside of a few moments here or there. Everyone was either okay or worse if you prefer, with no real standouts in my opinion.

Buffalo sent a pretty weak team and Leafs gave up 5 goals against (excluding the EN one) to last years 30th overall team (with a full roster), so it wasn't a strong showing all around by Leafs which I believe was similar comments to Millen in general.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
What letter grade would you give him on his performance this game C or C+?

I don't think anyone stood out in the game really for the Leafs that you could say they had a strong or good game overall, outside of a few moments here or there. Everyone was either okay or worse if you prefer, with no real standouts in my opinion.

Buffalo sent a pretty weak team and Leafs gave up 5 goals against last years 30th overall team (with a full roster), so it wasn't a strong showing all around by Leafs which I believe was similar comments to Millen in general.

I would give Marner a C-. Too many things I didn't like about how he was playing. I have seen probably 100 games of Marner live, going back to when he was a kid. I love the kid, so some part of me expects more from him, because I know how good he is.

I have no worries about Mitch for the future, imo stud near guaranteed.

But, I also think he didn't play that great. Hope he gets 1 more game, or they send him back to London soon, London sucks without him :laugh: Horrid last night!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I would give Marner a C-. Too many things I didn't like about how he was playing. I have seen probably 100 games of Marner live, going back to when he was a kid. I love the kid, so some part of me expects more from him, because I know how good he is.

I have no worries about Mitch for the future, imo stud near guaranteed.

But, I also think he didn't play that great. Hope he gets 1 more game, or they send him back to London soon, London sucks without him :laugh: Horrid last night!

Sounds like you think Marner played just okay. ;)

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I just watched Babcock say he was "way" better than he was the first night.

https://youtu.be/o6J8OAYYea8

Haha owned.

Marner is not ready at all. Needs a couple more years minimum.

Are you serious? You've determined he needs a couple of more years based on 2 preseason games? Wow... so if he played amazing, he would be NHL ready based off of 2 games?

Also, how could you possible know how that he won't be ready next year? Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Babcock in his post game PC when asked said Marner was "Okay". He said he played better this game than the last one, and that he wanted the puck more, which he felt was a good sign of progress in confidence out there.

Yeah, he said he was way better and wanted the puck. You sure it wasn't the game #1 presser you watched or something.:thumbd::thumbd::laugh:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Haha owned.

Are you serious? You've determined he needs a couple of more years based on 2 preseason games? Wow... so if he played amazing, he would be NHL ready based off of 2 games?

Also, how could you possible know how that he won't be ready next year? Can I borrow your crystal ball?

No actually duff only needed one game to determine that now.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Haha owned.

So in your opinion he's ready for the NHL?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
So in your opinion he's ready for the NHL?

Come on duffman, why are you being so harsh on him. It doesn't matter if he is sent back to the knight's. Support the kid some. Everyone half expected him to be gone after a few games anyways.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

And we knows he will be ready next year based on what?

A different crystal ball?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
He's going to make the team next year, I'm calling it right now. There is no way he's going to improve wrecking juniors kids for 2 more years. Anybody saying two years in junior than one in the AHL is just fooling themselves.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
He's going to make the team next year, I'm calling it right now. There is no way he's going to improve wrecking juniors kids for 2 more years. Anybody saying two years in junior than one in the AHL is just fooling themselves.
There's little doubt in my mind that Nylander and Marner are both on the opening night roster in 2016-17.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think we can all agree that he is not ready this year. However, none of us know how long it will take. He might develop as quickly physically as Nylander, getting lower body strength and explosiveness, the parts that I think holds back his entire game at the pro level.

So I agree with Mats13. There's no reason to say that he's not ready for several years. It's more "He's not ready right now, let's revisit in a year and see what has happened."

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Where did I say he would be ready for sure?

There's little doubt in my mind that Nylander and Marner are both on the opening night roster in 2016-17.

That is possible.

Since Marner can't go to the minors, even if he isn't ready they might keep him in the NHL rather than put him back to junior.

CalgaryLeaf*

He can't play in the AHL this year or next, you'd think for someone who bashes him at every opportunity you'd be aware of this common knowledge.

I never said this year in the AHL..Learn to read.

Your'e also wrong about me constantly bashing Marner...Why make things up chief?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This kid needs ahl real bad. Probably the best example in a long time. We'll besides Drouin iI guess

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I really wish he could just play in the AHL... I dont mind London this year but AHL next year would be best for him for sure.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The leafs have not sent Marner anywhere yet. Until he is sent no opinion on him holds weight. Simple as that. I would think he is not in the next cuts.

Its so schizophrenic around here that a goal and assist would have this board buzzin with Marner hype. I will say he is not as bad as some make him out to be and not as good as others make him out to be.

The extent of nastiness or high praise some posters will go to in trying to prove their point is funny for awhile. Then it gets mostly annoying trying to point out the middle ground.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I really wish he could just play in the AHL... I dont mind London this year but AHL next year would be best for him for sure.

The ahl is thw proper development league. Good for london though but not the best for nhl teams freedom of choice in development.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad