Tribute Marner Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Evolving hockey allows you to select strength, I select even strength, this is what it shows:
Xg
Marner: 11.73
Matthews: 27
Tavares: 21
Nylander: 21
Bunting: 20
Kerfoot: 13

They also track giveaways/at even strength:
Marner: 67
Matthews, Tavares: 44
Nylander: 32
Why would you change the stat from xGF% to xiG?

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
He can lead this team to victory
He has that kind of ability
We need his very best in our current situation

Let's go Mitch, make yourself somebody people in Toronto talk about with reverence like Gilmore or Clark
He looked like he did prior to the big contract. Looked like a little player willing to get in the mix, skate through if need be...Few and far instances in between since then.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
OK I had a closer look and is looks like this is misleading. Maybe these number include PK situations which obviously make Marner look worse? Not sure what you're looking at but when I look at 5on5 numbers, these .
OK I had a closer look and is looks like this is misleading. Maybe these number include PK situations which obviously make Marner look worse? Not sure what you're looking at but when I look at 5on5 numbers, these numbers are pretty similar for all these guys.

I know you're not a Marner fan (understatement) and you love to post numbers, but when you do stuff like this you lose credibility.

View attachment 707186

"I know your not a Marner fan".... I'm no longer a "troll" though? Considering I was obviously correct in my concern with Marners play in the season and previous playoffs translating to playoff success. I believe you and a few select others repeatedly told me I didn't know what I was talking about and I was a troll?

...not a Marner fan. No... As I said repeatedly in the season (and was constantly attacked for it) , I don't think his skillset and style of play translates to playoff success. It has nothing to do with being a player fan, I has everything to do with being a fan of winning. I don't see a Stanley cup roster when paying him 11 million or 13% of the cap to be more precise

Last edited:

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I wish I bought into ignore years ago, I always hated the concept philosophically , but man muting the subpar joke posters really makes for a more pleasant experience.

Expecting a big game from Marner tonight, he seemed to finally relax as the game went on Wednesday. We go as he goes, he’s the engine of the team.
Willie and Mitch are going, if we get ROR and the Mexican going look out....anything old man JT can add is a bonus

Reactions: DarkKnight

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I'm not even sure what you're posting here. "xG" is not a stat, and these numbers don't correlate to anything.

A player like Marner is going to have the most giveaways for a number of reasons - not only do they play a lot and they have the puck on their stick the most as they are a playmaker, their primary job in offensive moments is to pass through seams and generate chances and high-danger offensive situations, which inherently carries an element of risk, and their primary job in defensive moments is to play the most defensive, pressure-filled minutes against the best players.

I wonder if there is a reason that you picked out that particular stat and then specifically didn't mention it's sister takeaway stat. I wonder who leads that one.
Are you of the opinion that Marner has been successful as an elite playmaking winger in these playoffs?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
@Antropovsky

1 - I see you didn't address my point about you posting misleading stats
2 - I've never called you a troll
3 - Don't think anyone's fooled by you changing the subject from you posting misleading facts to trolling

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You’re a child inside. Seriously.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Seriously though, being a Leaf fan isn't a particularly serious thing to begin with and I'm fond of saying that the minute the games start in the playoffs, I turn into a ten year old kid. I wouldn't say that that's a good thing, but I'm also sure it's not a bad thing. It's just enjoying life like I was a kid again. Isn't that kind of what being a fan is all about?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You’re a child inside. Seriously.

That's a strange thing to say considering it's pretty much a well known fact that a soft team hasn't won in decades. It's just the way it is. I mean, it's as much a reality as only 2 tenders have won a cup that weren't developed by the drafting team in the past 25 years. Which means statistically we are more likely to come back and win a cup with Woll this year. Go figure.

Sorry to burst your disrespectful bubble but thems the facts my boy.

Add: The team takes the personality of its two best players. Ours are softies now think about the best tandems to win it all recently. All of them forced will on the other team.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Never seen a player so un-built for playoff hockey.
Biggest issue I see is his unwillingness to change how he plays to find success in a playoff style game. There were three of four plays tonight where he could have taken a hit to make a better play, he bailed on all of them.

I don't think he goes anywhere, but we're going to need other guys to compensate for his suck at playoff time. Matthews clearly cannot.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Johnny hockey

Also John f***ing tavares is a 55 pt player for tbe playoffs as a leaf

Hes giving us kadri value at 11M (ladri made 4.5M)
Enough with Kadri. He got paid 7 million for 56 points this season and he's getting paid 7 million for the next 6 seasons. No thanks.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I very much hope this was his last game as a Leaf. There are many reasons for our playoff failures, but our 2nd most important player turning into a fourth liner every year when the games get hard is #1. He is one of our most critically important players, particularly for setting the tone. When Marner is loose and playing great hockey, the Leafs follow. But it's all to clear at this point that the pressure is too much for him, and that manifests like cancer in the locker room. If your key leaders can't hack it, the team goes nowhere.

He's an all-world talent and will probably figure it out at some point, but it ain't going to be here. This market is absolutely too much for him. We're probably going to have to take a bath on the trade to get rid of him, but there's really no other options at this point. Running it back again and again waiting for him to figure it out will just mount the pressure on him further, it's time to cut bait.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Honestly would rather see Matthews go over Marner, but if Matthews is staying then get Marner out of here. Tired of seeing these regular season hero's post 0's in big games. Especially at their inflated Salaries.

Reactions: mrJT

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Enough with Kadri. He got paid 7 million for 56 points this season and he's getting paid 7 million for the next 6 seasons. No thanks.
7M vs 11M for tavares

And kadri made 4.5M for usmuch better investment than a decling JT who leeches off of The PP

Got 56 pts under a darryl sutter ultra defensive system

Im not even saying to bring kadri back but the truth is JT has failed to be as valuable as kadri a good 2C but not suppised elite 1C was for us

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad