Tribute Marner Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
7M vs 11M for tavares

And kadri made 4.5M for usmuch better investment than a decling JT who leeches off of The PP

Got 56 pts under a darryl sutter ultra defensive system

Im not even saying to bring kadri back but the truth is JT has failed to be as valuable as kadri a good 2C but not suppised elite 1C was for us
Ya Kadri was incredible bang for the puck when we needed him most. :rolleyes:

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Didn't do enough this series for me to defend him this time around. See ya buddy. Might even just put this post on ignore until I feel like being his friend again.

What an embarrassing effort for a player of his caliber.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He and Matthews were awful tonight. So many plays died on an unnecessary Marner turnover and its like Matthews thought it was an exhibition game

Reactions: saffronleaf

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
On a night like this, is Kadri really on the top of your list of things to think about?

And those that are naive might even believe it.
Marners game and head were in shambles all series. He just had to not screw up too often. He screwed up non stop.

Reactions: DivInit23

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
To be fair, they changed it up sometimes and instead said something like "Marner had a chance to clear the zone but instead ..."
Panger blamed the ice once... But also said something to the effect of Marner is really struggling to handle the puck. He fanned on a pass late late in the game and showed he was breaking by screeming loud enough the cameras picked it up.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
He's worth his contract if you want a guy who can clinch the playoffs for you by December, but hockey is more important in Spring.

I'd rather finish in the wild card and win a cup

Reactions: mrJT

nuttica

Nov 30, 2012
Gotta say that Marner is overrated here in Toronto. Especially in the playoffs, he plays too small, undersized and gets pushed around and afraid of contact.

Reactions: daethfromabove1979

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Just take in this guys center had a combined 14 hits + blocks and still did nothing with the space it created. Shell of himself facilitating zero offence.

There was one shift where he put on the jets then went back to sucking

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm feeling a little bit down right now so I though I'd cheer myself up by reminding myself how lucky we are to have the super duper hyper mega elite Mitch Marner on our team.

Jon Cooper on Mitch Marner: "He is as smart a player as this league has not only seen this year, but has ever seen.”

Another night of ‘eliteness’

Man, sure seems like Marner made a great impression at the All-Star game, everyone loved him. Makes the lame detractors here look even more, well, lame.

The fanbase is a bit emotionally immature. This is a tough league. What separates the wheat from the chaff is to perform at an elevated level over a long time. Although Marner is trending for 100 pts tonight, it isn't even a career pace for him. His development curve continues to find new horizons with his defensive game continting to improve. Elite defensive numbers with a top 10 point pace is indicative of an absolutely elite player. Spending time to try and knock him down by qualifying his value by stating playoff caveats (even though he he was great last post season) is a sign of childish temperament and leaves little to like about a person purposefully attempting to arrogantly judge how their petty needs for good faith affirment have not been met. Not criticizing you but some of the obtuse commentators on this forum are a constant reminder of how bratty assholes are plentiful

Funny how the trolls disappear. Must be hard to watch being a Marner hater.

View attachment 654638
Feels great, more please.

Top ten in scoring now.

Beyond the tedious nobodies….

What a list to be part of.

Super elite

Crazy Super Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad