Maple Leafs name Auston Matthews captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
brendan-shanahan-john-tavares-auston-matthews-brad-treliving-craig-berube.JPG
Shanahan's got JT in a Spock Vulcan grip whispering "Smile, Johnny, if you know what's good for ya"

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tavares is a solid guy on and off the ice. This change is less about him and more about the transition to it being Matthews' team. Whether Matthews (and the Leafs) get to the next level by wearing the "C" remains to be seen.
Tavares is a perpetual loser, has never lead a team to success in the post season. He's a nice guy, but how does that make him a great leader or captain?

He's a negative come playoff time going back to the Islander days where his team never made it past the 2nd round.

How he left the Islanders.

It was another blunder by a blunder-ous ORG. signing him to 11.0 x 7 and making him captain over an obvious future of the team player in Mathews.

I wouldn't fallow Tavares into anything.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Amazing, incredible player. Don't know how he is as a leader, but seems like an awful person.

Guy is a great ambassador, and he regularly visits the sick kids hospital. I’ve never heard one bad thing said about him by anyone who’s ever met him.

He made a mistake 6 years ago and pulled his pants down to reveal his underwear. It’s obvious a lot of you won’t let that go and I’m sure none of you have actually met him or know his character.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I wouldn't say he's an awful person, but he definitely looks the part of an absolute douchebag.

Well he did pull down his pants and try to break into a womans car past midnight, obviously to say hello. Not something a good person does.

Reactions: mattihp

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Well he did pull down his pants and try to break into a womans car past midnight, obviously to say hello. Not something a good person does.

So showing his underwear to a security guard makes him a terrible person. Forget all the community work, forget being the most active Leaf at sick kids. Must be nice to live such a perfect life.

I can only assume you have never done anything regrettable?

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Is this the first Hispanic to Hispanic captaincy transfer in NHL history?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
God this is amazing. Tavares would have been immortalized on Long Island. Now he has the legacy of the guy that went home, couldn’t lead the dream team to success in the playoffs or a cup, and to top it off he embarrassingly gets the “C” taken away.
I wouldnt say embarrassingly got it taken away. he likely wasn't suppose to even be the captain from the start anyways, they wanted to give Matthews it but after that night he jumped in that girls car and then mooned her and it made the news they had to go with a plan b.
his era of being a captain has been embarrassing but I dont think he lost it in that kinda way.
we all knew at this point in his contract he wouldn't be worth the money anymore and he's not the first to have this done. SJ in recent memory did it with Marleau, Pavelski and Thornton

Reactions: Voight
Sep 18, 2009
I wouldnt say embarrassingly got it taken away. he likely wasn't suppose to even be the captain from the start anyways, they wanted to give Matthews it but after that night he jumped in that girls car and then mooned her and it made the news they had to go with a plan b.
his era of being a captain has been embarrassing but I dont think he lost it in that kinda way.
we all knew at this point in his contract he wouldn't be worth the money anymore and he's not the first to have this done. SJ in recent memory did it with Marleau, Pavelski and Thornton
islanders still mad on the island should talk to robidas or something

Reactions: Voight

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I mean, sure. I kind of forgot about that stuff to be honest...

Douchebag stands.
The number of hockey players I've encountered that *aren't* douchebags is pretty low. The sport is infested with the dude-bro frat boy personality types. It got to a point where I absolutely couldn't stand being around most of my teammates in my final years playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad