Maple Leafs name Auston Matthews captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He voluntary relinquished the captaincy. I doubt that it was his idea, but he was fine with it and was at the press conference with his family and passed the baton to Matthews.

Would it change your opinion of him if it actually was his idea? Would you think he’s more soft than you already do? Or is criticizing him off limits due to a Torontonian bias?

So was Tavares captaincy stripped off of him by Leafs management or did he volunteer to give it to Matthews? If the later, good on him for doing that because it was about time.

That whole spectacle was as cringeworthy as it gets.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Would it change your opinion of him if it actually was his idea? Would you think he’s more soft than you already do? Or is criticizing him off limits due to a Torontonian bias?

That whole spectacle was as cringeworthy as it gets.
No.
I don't think he is soft.
Criticizing him is fine.
What Torontonian bias?
The passing of the captaincy from Tavares to Matthews was fine.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Don’t be such hypocrites, I doubt you were overzealous in writing the similar posts for Blake Wheeler captaincy fiasco. Similar stories, JT and Blake are both lousy leaders. And sadly Matthews won’t be playing any different because of the captaincy. He is not Mark Stone material lmao
The softest guy in the league that milks his injuries well after he's recovered so his team can circumvent the cap ? Mark Stone material isn't the praise that you think it is :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So was Tavares captaincy stripped off of him by Leafs management or did he volunteer to give it to Matthews?

tenor.gif

Branded!

Reactions: dukeofjive

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
So untrue. Plenty of non-leafers like Marner, Nylander and Reilly and sing their praises when some leafers fling crap on them
What? That’s ridiculous. Not one single person, leaf lover or hater, would take any of those three guys over Matthews. Anybody who says they would is a liar and you know it.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
The softest guy in the league that milks his injuries well after he's recovered so his team can circumvent the cap ? Mark Stone material isn't the praise that you think it is :laugh:
It was sarcasm, but he still led them to the cup, no matter how much LTIR space was used.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
What? That’s ridiculous. Not one single person, leaf lover or hater, would take any of those three guys over Matthews. Anybody who says they would is a liar and you know it.
No one would take them over Matthews as a player, but plenty of people speak more nicely about them than about Auston Matthews

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
No one would take them over Matthews as a player, but plenty of people speak more nicely about them than about Auston Matthews
They sure do. And I’ll say that plenty of people have no idea what matthews or any other players are actually like and rely on their feelings. And these days, feelings have become facts to plenty of people.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
So is Tavares an alternate captain now? Or complete demotion to peon status?

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Fine with Tavares stepping down, he didn’t strike me as a very vocal guy and he sure wasn’t leading by example very much either. I do think Nylander would make for a better captain on their roster though.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
They sure do. And I’ll say that plenty of people have no idea what matthews or any other players are actually like and rely on their feelings. And these days, feelings have become facts to plenty of people.
One fact is that Auston Matthews pulled his pants down in front of a scared woman. The others don't seem to have set themselves in the same situation.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Dec 18, 2014
I was hopeful, although long shot, that JT would come to the blues that summer he ghosted NYI. We needed a 1C so bad. There were small small murmurs that it was on the table, if maybe for only a day or two.
Anyway, so glad we scooped up 1C ROR and enjoyed that SC season.
Worked out so much better for the blues.
JT just never had that moxie to pull off a SC. It was obvious to me but I still remember the potential of him leaving NYI and maybe being available to help a contender get over the hump.

I hope JT enjoys his final years and does well where he finishes. That Toronto market is so harsh. Good luck to Biebers friend too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad