Maple Leafs name Auston Matthews captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Mark Stone named captain of the Knights, crickets, nobody cares, we move on. Matthews is the new Leafs captain, hf trolls immediately lose their sh.t.

Nope. The Leafs do this to themselves. And the way it was handled was so pathetic in the most pandering way possible.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Don’t be such hypocrites, I doubt you were overzealous in writing the similar posts for Blake Wheeler captaincy fiasco. Similar stories, JT and Blake are both lousy leaders. And sadly Matthews won’t be playing any different because of the captaincy. He is not Mark Stone material lmao

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
brendan-shanahan-john-tavares-auston-matthews-brad-treliving-craig-berube.JPG

1723759794812.png

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
So showing his underwear to a security guard makes him a terrible person. Forget all the community work, forget being the most active Leaf at sick kids. Must be nice to live such a perfect life.

I can only assume you have never done anything regrettable?

She was in her car past midnight and a group of guys show up. Matthews pulled down his pants and tried to break into her car while she's sitting there afraid of being attacked. Matthews was facing criminal charges, but then settled with her lawyer so the charges were dropped. Matthews then hid the incident and the charges he was facing from the team who found out about it later on Twitter.

I can confirm to everyone here that I have never done anything regrettable that would cause a woman to think I was going to assault her.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
She was in her car past midnight and a group of guys show up. Matthews pulled down his pants and tried to break into her car while she's sitting there afraid of being attacked. Matthews was facing criminal charges, but then settled with her lawyer so the charges were dropped. Matthews then hid the incident and the charges he was facing from the team who found out about it later on Twitter.

I can confirm to everyone here that I have never done anything regrettable that would cause a woman to think I was going to assault her.
That is kind of what happened. Matthews was charged with disorderly conduct. Though slightly embellished with the time line. He did underwear moon a security guard. He may have been part of the group that tried to open the car door. He did behave like a drunken immature idiot. He did settle with the woman financially.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Guy is a great ambassador, and he regularly visits the sick kids hospital. I’ve never heard one bad thing said about him by anyone who’s ever met him.

He made a mistake 6 years ago and pulled his pants down to reveal his underwear. It’s obvious a lot of you won’t let that go and I’m sure none of you have actually met him or know his character.

& I'm sure nobody on here ever did anything stupid in their early 20s.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

lol what? That is not what happened. First of all, the woman was a security guard who worked at his building and knew him. He thought he was being funny but was being a dumbass because she didn't know it was him and that is rightfully scary.

When she found it it was him she chewed him out. As he walked away listening to her, he pulled down his pants to his underwear and slapped his ass at her then went into his building.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Meh, Tavares being a captain of any team was always a head scratcher for me. He’s the most bland human alive. People said that about Crosby, but this is quite different - Crosby is not only less bland than JT but he also leads on the ice and leaves it all out there in all three zones every day. Felt like it was Matthews’ team anyway these past few years and when I didn’t think too hard, I’d probably easily slip up and think he already wore the C, so mostly just feels inevitable.

genk

Nov 15, 2015

Well it's obvious you have no idea how this works. She doesn't get to decide to drop criminal charges. That decision lies entirely with the prosecutor. If it was actually a serious offence and she asked to "drop" charges, the prosecutor wouldn't do it.

But beyond that, let's put on our critical thinking hats for a moment, shall we? Isn't it interesting that she wasn't actually interested in pursuing criminal charges, but was more interested in a payday? It's almost as if she did not actually make a complaint to the police until after she consulted with a civil lawyer (which is precisely what happened), who would've told her to make that complaint to extract a settlement from Matthews?

No no, a drunk young adult who moons someone with their boxers on is a horrible person who can never redeem themselves. Got it.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
So was Tavares captaincy stripped off of him by Leafs management or did he volunteer to give it to Matthews? If the later, good on him for doing that because it was about time.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So was Tavares captaincy stripped off of him by Leafs management or did he volunteer to give it to Matthews? If the later, good on him for doing that because it was about time.
He voluntary relinquished the captaincy. I doubt that it was his idea, but he was fine with it and was at the press conference with his family and passed the baton to Matthews.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
Just because you're the top goal scorer doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to be a good captain.

Let's wait and see, but now he needs to actually lead the team. He hasn't really done that in the past.

Reactions: v00d00daddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad