OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PMantis24

LGR!
Nov 17, 2010
NYC
Thanks for all the progress photos GordonGecko. The garden is looking good! too bad the LED strip doesn't go all the way around.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
So according to those pics and all the earth cam stuff Ive looked at, one bridge has all Media seats on it instead of the normal rows that are on the other and west balcony, right??

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I have been to arenas that have those LED rings around the entire arena. I find them to be annoying. Glad MSG didnt install them.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I have been to arenas that have those LED rings around the entire arena. I find them to be annoying. Glad MSG didnt install them.

Me too. I'm there to watch a hockey game not to celebrate new year in times square. Give me a comfortable seat, good sight line, clean bathrooms and I am happy.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
All these updates are great, and the finished product is looking pretty much like the renderings..but I walked past the Garden yesterday and ya know what really be great? If they updated that sign right by Penn Station entrance. Cause THAT looks old and like crap. Thoughts?

3762489707_2796e5c66e_b.jpg

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The sign could use a refresh, but I don't find it particularly ugly. The worst will continue to be the faded turd aesthetic of the arena's exterior

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
The sign could use a refresh, but I don't find it particularly ugly. The worst will continue to be the faded turd aesthetic of the arena's exterior

Haha..yeah, it's not ugly..just old and faded and like you said, could use a refresh. And yes..that's very true!

One thing that will always continue to piss me off is those freaking escalators NOT working after games.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
One thing that will always continue to piss me off is those freaking escalators NOT working after games.

That's unfortunately a safety issue. You have people filling in the towers on each level blocking/slowing the people coming down from the next level up. If the escalators kept running there would be lots of incidents of panic and people getting crushed, whereas if people are walking then they just stop in their tracks

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
That's unfortunately a safety issue. You have people filling in the towers on each level blocking/slowing the people coming down from the next level up. If the escalators kept running there would be lots of incidents of panic and people getting crushed, whereas if people are walking then they just stop in their tracks

I know..it just SUCKS. One of my biggest pet peeves about that place. And even more annoying after a loss! :rant:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I know..it just SUCKS. One of my biggest pet peeves about that place. And even more annoying after a loss! :rant:

I just haul ass down the stairwell. I'll never forget after that OT loss in Buffalo back in 07' when Drury scored to tie with 7 seconds left, and Afinogenov scored the game winner. The door to that particular stairwell was slammed harder than any door in history. So angry. Haha... :laugh:

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
I just haul ass down the stairwell. I'll never forget after that OT loss in Buffalo back in 07' when Drury scored to tie with 7 seconds left, and Afinogenov scored the game winner. The door to that particular stairwell was slammed harder than any door in history. So angry. Haha... :laugh:

Haha..Oh I'm sure!

ChipAyten

NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
Dec 19, 2008
Lawn Guyland
That tan/faded orange orange color is a staple of the building. A trademark of sorts. It'd be cool if they had a large curved screen in place of the one on 7th ave.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012

All true, but they never ever turn them on, even after the crowd has thinned out. If you have weak knees, your choices are two, endure the pain, or wait forever for the elevators. What they really need is some sort of one shot tall escalator from the top to the street like sometimes seen in outdoor ballparks & stadiums. The only thing that pisses me off more is the beer prices.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

That game was in Buffalo.

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
I left that viewing party after the 1st period because of the poor viewing angle to the scoreboard (that would be much better now). Went to Stout and got hammered in the basement, especially after Drury's goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad