OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Some high res shots of what was already posted...

msg_100313_093w.jpg

msg_100313_057w.jpg

msg_100313_050w.jpg

Right click and open in new window to see full size.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Emailed my rep to ask if I could come check out my seats. Told her my concern when I stand. If you go to NYR Sub Central, sign in and click "benefits"-->"my seats", you can see the exact view from your seats.

That's not true, they don't have views from each seat. They have a handful of "representative" views from each section. What you see is the closest row available to your assigned location

jhnyr

Feb 6, 2007
This will be a problem, since the new trend in MSG is people at the bottom of the 200s begin to stand for everything (breakaways, shootouts etc.) People at bottom stand and then people behind them have to stand and so forth. We shall see, but if true, that last one will really bother me.

Wait, so something might actually affect your familiar Garden experience? Well, just as you implied earlier in this thread that people will simply have to deal with the new layout... so too, will you have to deal with this.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Wait, so something might actually affect your familiar Garden experience? Well, just as you implied earlier in this thread that people will simply have to deal with the new layout... so too, will you have to deal with this.

Yeah, but I am talking about actually seeing the action on the ice, not the ambiance of the lobby or the exterior of the building.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
That's not true, they don't have views from each seat. They have a handful of "representative" views from each section. What you see is the closest row available to your assigned location

Yup, didnt realize I could scroll the pic. Definitely too many seats to the left to be mine and too many rows behind. Emailed her, last night when I noticed. No response yet.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Scoreboard looks amazing.... Pure eye candy....

Just picturing Dancin' Larry's debut on the big screen LOL....

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Could be an issue with NBA games, but they care enough maybe they can do that for the Rangers

How would it be an issue with NBA games? Figured it would be a bigger problem with Ranger games since dumped in pucks could hit the board if it's too low. Just seemed the old board was lower though this one is a lot bigger so that could be why.

Edit - I guess the ball could hit the board too in rare circumstances.

Edit 2 - Picture of the old board.

67377_4020113617580_338482170_n.jpg

Lot of space between the ceiling and the board while the new board is basically up against the ceiling. Again, could be that it isn't possible since the new board is a lot bigger and stretches down to where the old one was anyway.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
How would it be an issue with NBA games? Figured it would be a bigger problem with Ranger games since dumped in pucks could hit the board if it's too low. Just seemed the old board was lower though this one is a lot bigger so that could be why.

Edit - I guess the ball could hit the board too in rare circumstances.

Edit 2 - Picture of the old board.

67377_4020113617580_338482170_n.jpg

Lot of space between the ceiling and the board while the new board is basically up against the ceiling. Again, could be that it isn't possible since the new board is a lot bigger and stretches down to where the old one was anyway.

I finally found Waldo...:laugh:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Does the NBA and/or NHL mandate what the clearance has to be between the playing surface and the bottom of the scoreboard?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I believe that one of the reasons why its so close to the top is to hide those hideous purple cable joints that they did not refinish black to match the rest of the interior/seats.

That thing is gorgeous.

Or a "thing of beauty" Joe would say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad