OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Stout and Flying Puck are great places to watch a Rangers game. 13th Step if you're on the LES. And to pre-game go to Rose's in Penn Station -- 32oz domestics for $5.

BTW8892

Jan 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
Stout and Flying Puck are great places to watch a Rangers game. 13th Step if you're on the LES. And to pre-game go to Rose's in Penn Station -- 32oz domestics for $5.

Rose's is the best. I always stop in there before a game to get a drink and a bite to eat. Definitely much cheaper than eating inside lol.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri

Does the 13th Step get a good hockey crowd? I just held a beer pong outing there for work, thought it had potential for sports but wasn't sure what it would look like for hockey.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
msg.jpg

msg2.jpg

msg3.jpg

Story on bridges.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/14/first-peek-at-msg-sky-bridge-seats/

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
This pictures just leave me wondering why we can't come home for 2 weeks...

Don't think they're completely done with the new lobby yet. Have walked by the Garden a few times and it looks like they're still finishing it up. Plus that one pic of the bridge looks like the floor on it is not 100% done.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Will the seats at the top of the section have their view obscured by the bridge? They can't see the new scoreboard. They have TVs set up.

Looks like a Yankee Stadium deal with the bleachers and sports bar. They put TVs on the wall.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Do you know from which row that picture was taken? If I counted correctly, it is row 19, but not 100% certain.

Bridge seems pretty close to the ice for row 19. Don't see how fans in row 24 would see with no obstructions if that was the case. I'm gonna take a guess and say it's from the little concourse area above the seats since it seems elevated from where the seats are.

EDIT - Just checked the virtual seating chart, that looks like the aisle between 208 and 209 and the concourse doesn't extend over to those sections. Regardless, they have a view from row 18 and the bridge is much higher in comparison to the ice so I'd say it's a couple of rows back from row 19.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Will the seats at the top of the section have their view obscured by the bridge? They can't see the new scoreboard. They have TVs set up.

Looks like a Yankee Stadium deal with the bleachers and sports bar. They put TVs on the wall.

No part of the ice will be obstructed by the bridge for any seats in the 200's. They're all being sold as full view seats even though you can't see the scoreboard. The monitors on the side of the bridge are supposed to act like the scoreboard for those fans.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
So..which rows/section is getting screwed the most now, regarding this renovation and the view..

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
So wait. Is that fat score display ring on the top or bottom of the unit? With Madison Square Garden under it, it looks like it would hang under the big screens.

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
So..which rows/section is getting screwed the most now, regarding this renovation and the view..

I am in row 10 and it looks like the bridges will be directly above me. My guess is I will not be able to see the top of the scoreboard. The borderline seats (row 15?) where there's a $20 difference between the rows probably get the worst of it.

Those recent pictures posted look very much like the last row will have a partially obstructed view. The photo looks like maybe row 20 and theres still 4 more rows.

I think "no obstructed views of the ice" is semantics. You CAN see all of the ice as long as you are under 6 feet tall. But you won't see the scoreboard, you probably won't see all of the far side dasher boards and you probably wont see the benches.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I am in row 10 and it looks like the bridges will be directly above me. My guess is I will not be able to see the top of the scoreboard. The borderline seats (row 15?) where there's a $20 difference between the rows probably get the worst of it.

Those recent pictures posted look very much like the last row will have a partially obstructed view. The photo looks like maybe row 20 and theres still 4 more rows.

I think "no obstructed views of the ice" is semantics. You CAN see all of the ice as long as you are under 6 feet tall. But you won't see the scoreboard, you probably won't see all of the far side dasher boards and you probably wont see the benches.

Row 10? You should be ok for seeing 100% of the scoreboard, this is the view from row 9:

rt2c61.jpg

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The seats who have obstructed views of the scoreboard are getting what look to be two very large (90"?) flat screens. They look more square in size, not traditional. That's not a bad trade off if you ask me. Those are better than the smaller screens they had in the renderings.

Sure, you don't get the "full" garden experience visually but I'm sure if you have seasons up there you'll get used to it and maybe even enjoy the experience a little more.

On a side note... I wonder how the bridges will affect the acoustics in the arena. Will it add more sound in certain areas? Act like a buffer and make the Garden quieter? Deflect the sound to the center of the Garden? Make no difference?

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Bridge seems pretty close to the ice for row 19. Don't see how fans in row 24 would see with no obstructions if that was the case. I'm gonna take a guess and say it's from the little concourse area above the seats since it seems elevated from where the seats are.

EDIT - Just checked the virtual seating chart, that looks like the aisle between 208 and 209 and the concourse doesn't extend over to those sections. Regardless, they have a view from row 18 and the bridge is much higher in comparison to the ice so I'd say it's a couple of rows back from row 19.

If you look at Virtual Venue for sect 209 row 9 and spin it backwards, , you'll see that the first row where there are those two extra aisle seats is Row 12.
From there if you count backwards, it looks like that picture is from Row 20 give or take a row.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Friend of mine works at the Garden. Saw him yesterday. Asked about my seats (213, row 21). Said I will not be able to see scoreboard (doesn't bother me). I will be able to see the entire ice surface (good), however was about 90% certain that when I stand, I will no longer see the whole ice surface. This will be a problem, since the new trend in MSG is people at the bottom of the 200s begin to stand for everything (breakaways, shootouts etc.) People at bottom stand and then people behind them have to stand and so forth. We shall see, but if true, that last one will really bother me.

Also seems like the tvs on the bridges are spread out a bit too much. Think there should be one in front of each section, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Emailed my rep to ask if I could come check out my seats. Told her my concern when I stand. If you go to NYR Sub Central, sign in and click "benefits"-->"my seats", you can see the exact view from your seats. She also said she went to the top row and didnt have any problem seeing the ice.

http://www.nyrsubcentral.com/

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad