OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Wait, so they even have on the board the current line on the ice? That's sick.

Been like that for awhile.

Yes, but now the font is crisper and more in line with team branding and if one of the people on the ice takes a penalty, his call and time remaining are shown in his lineup slot. Also, hits, blocked shots, and faceoff % are included on the board in addition to SOGs.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Emailed my rep to ask if I could come check out my seats. Told her my concern when I stand. If you go to NYR Sub Central, sign in and click "benefits"-->"my seats", you can see the exact view from your seats. She also said she went to the top row and didnt have any problem seeing the ice.

http://www.nyrsubcentral.com/

I logged to check this out but I cant seem to find where the "benefits" link is.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
Maybe it's just me but wouldn't it be better if they lowered the scoreboard a little?

I don't think they can because at a certain point it would obstruct the view of the far side of the ice from very high rows and probably the new bridges as well.

scs15

Oct 3, 2013
No, because then everyone would be able to see it and we'd have nothing to argue about in this thread.

Im sure they dont really care what people say on these boards and id be astonished if the nhl/nba didnt have regulations on how low it could possibly sit. I personally dont think its very high. It is much larger screens and has 3 rungs so it just looks closer to the ceiling imo

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
My seats are in Section 209 Row 13. I just talked to a friend of mine who works security at MSG and he went up to my section tonight.
Row 14 is the last Row that you can see the whole scoreboard in 209. It starts to get obstructed in row 15
He said he took pictures and I will try to post them if I get them

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Got 5 games for this season. Looking forward to seeing the new MSG, especially with the new scoreboard.

They did install a new ice system, correct? Anyone know how well this will combat the ice quality?

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
My seats are in Section 209 Row 13. I just talked to a friend of mine who works security at MSG and he went up to my section tonight.
Row 14 is the last Row that you can see the whole scoreboard in 209. It starts to get obstructed in row 15

Hopefully he puts up pictures. I'm row 11 in 213. If he's right, I'm very happy. It's still sad that the ANY seats are obstructed in that building.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Scoreboard info...

The unit will have 24 individually produced high-definition LED displays.

The four main video displays can show separate items at once, including statistics, replays and other useful information for fans. The scoreboard will be one of just two of its kind that have displays tucked inside the bottom of the screen for fans in the lower levels.

Garden Vision will also include three LED displays on the new bridges (see below), four displays on two separate levels of the seating bowls and seven displays with statistics for basketball games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/48921/msg-unveils-plans-for-new-media-display

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011

Makes total sense based on the price point of the tickets.
I have been saying for months that the first row where the price of the ticket drops will be the first row where sightline is impacted and this info would seem to confirm that.

Sounds like all the people sitting in Row 14 wondering why their seat is $22 more than the guy in Row 15 will now have at least some semblance of an answer.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I have been saying for months that the first row where the price of the ticket drops will be the first row where sightline is impacted and this info would seem to confirm that.

Sounds like all the people sitting in Row 14 wondering why their seat is $22 more than the guy in Row 15 will now have at least some semblance of an answer.

Except that it will be much different in the center sections versus the 208, 214, 221, 227 corners which will be much more impacted because of the pinch. In 210 & 224 you won't be bothered nearly as much in row 15 or a bit higher

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

$22 more to see the entire scoreboard? I disagree completely. If that was the case, they wouldn't have had the price discrepencies the past 2 years when the bridges weren't there. They had to have a price-break at some point and they do not deem obstruction to the scoreboard as obstructed view. People in row 15 will still be able to see MOST of the scoreboard.

acjc1

Dec 20, 2011
As somebody in Row 16 I'm wondering what my partial view will be like. I'm assuming it will be the worst scenario as seeing the screens will be more difficut than being further back in say, row 20. According to the pics posted my seats are directly in-between two screens. So would have to look over instead of viewing the game and screen in one shot.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
$22 more to see the entire scoreboard? I disagree completely. If that was the case, they wouldn't have had the price discrepencies the past 2 years when the bridges weren't there. They had to have a price-break at some point and they do not deem obstruction to the scoreboard as obstructed view. People in row 15 will still be able to see MOST of the scoreboard.

They also could have moved towards a per row incremental price gradient like the Flyers. But they chose to keep 2 price levels like before with the old 300s & 400s.

As it happens, the first row of the new 400-level lines up with row 10 of the 200-level. So logically, the price break should have been about there. It's pretty clear to me that they chose the break between 14 & 15 based on the bridge being in your field of vision and obstructing the view of the scoreboard, among other things.

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
Can we get some updated pictures of the Garden? I'm sure this thread will light up on the 25th when the Knicks start their pre-season. Maybe Giacomin can post his friend photos!

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Can we get some updated pictures of the Garden? I'm sure this thread will light up on the 25th when the Knicks start their pre-season. Maybe Giacomin can post his friend photos!

I want some lobby pics.

@HockeyBasedNYC link has the latest scoreboard pic. First time I'm seeing the monitor underneath the scoreboard.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
ny_r_rangers_mb_576x324.jpg

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad