OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
$22 more to see the entire scoreboard? I disagree completely. If that was the case, they wouldn't have had the price discrepencies the past 2 years when the bridges weren't there. They had to have a price-break at some point and they do not deem obstruction to the scoreboard as obstructed view. People in row 15 will still be able to see MOST of the scoreboard.

So the price break was arbitrary and the happens to occur in the first row that the scoreboard becomes obstructed is a coincidence??

Neithewr of us know for sure, but I think creating the price point where you begin to lose view of the board makes more sense than someone pulling row 15 out of a hat.

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
NY Post article-

http://nypost.com/2013/10/23/msg-epitomizes-nyc-and-moving-it-would-be-silly/

msg4.jpg

msg21.jpg

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
In the newest "interior" pictures, I noticed that they moved the US and Canadian flags to different locations because keeping them where they were before would have blocked the scoreboard. Hopefully the banners do not do the same.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Those are for the players and fans sitting close to the glass...you know, the people they actually care about seeing the screens. lol

What's with all those tiny screens on the opposite ends of the larger one though? Those would be impossible to see clearly from that distance... Just seems weird...

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That view from the bridge is sweet.

Really? I had exactly the opposite reaction. What a bust, all that and the view is that distant? Originally I thought these would literally be hanging over the ice / court but these things are set back over the 200s. There's not too much about these that's special from any other upper deck. I'll wait until I walk up there for my final opinion but so far so blah

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Passed by MSG this morning. You could see the entire lobby and it all looked finished other than them cleaning stuff/putting on some finishing touches. Gonna go back tomorrow and hopefully it's open then so I could check it out. Don't know if it opened later in the day or if that's just the press in that photo above.

They put up the new Rangers mural on the wall outside the lobby too.

BXQ-rIZIAAAMdCV.jpg

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Welcome to Rangerstown!

Where rookie goalies get shutouts
Players score their first goal
Players score their first hat trick
Top 6 forwards are always injured
And former stars come and forget how to play hockey!

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Really? I had exactly the opposite reaction. What a bust, all that and the view is that distant? Originally I thought these would literally be hanging over the ice / court but these things are set back over the 200s. There's not too much about these that's special from any other upper deck. I'll wait until I walk up there for my final opinion but so far so blah

What kind of view is it if you're directly above the ice/court? You want to see on top of players heads?
I'm trying to figure out how would that work. :huh: :skeptic: People may throw stuff on the ice/court without the glass. With the glass you wouldn't be able to actually watch the game.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
What kind of view is it if you're directly above the ice/court? You want to see on top of players heads?
I'm trying to figure out how would that work. :huh: :skeptic: People may throw stuff on the ice/court without the glass. With the glass you wouldn't be able to actually watch the game.

Like this, obviously:

Ice_Hockey_-_1988_-_Nintendo.jpg

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I think the bridge view of the ice is going to be outrageous....much better than bball obviously because the surface is so much larger. The lobby looks pretty sick too from pics, with an actual MSG store in it.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Madison Square Garden is new and improved, but one thing never ever changes ... The Garden ceiling (just a cleaned up, shined and polished a lil bit)

That guys instagram account had that quote in there.

So it looks like they did something to ceiling, even if it was cleaning it up.

Gotta say, the Garden looks great - and that scoreboard, wow. I think its going to be huge in person. And i think we should all reserve judgement regarding the bridge views until you are actually standing there because photographs can play with you eyes, especially when gauging distance. I think they are going to be great seats, especially for hockey.

http://instagram.com/scoop443

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

I thought that's how they were going to be to. I too shall reserve judgement until I see them in person.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Not sure how you guys got the impression the bridges would be hanging over the ice. Every rendering we've seen from day one shows them running above the first few rows of the upper bowl. If they were any closer to the ice the far side of the rink would actually be blocked by the scoreboard!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Try viewing the image as the full size. I am viewing it full resolution on a 30" monitor and that absolutely looks like it could be one of the best seats in the the whole arena.

msg4.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad