GDT: LXXI | "Nowhere To Run, Nowhere to Pride" | Oilers vs Sharks | 3.20.23 | 7:30PM | SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should Philip Broberg take a field trip to Bakersfield?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This league is ridiculous!

The problem is how do you know he has turned a corner. At this point you can only play him maybe twice more at most. It's just a killer watching this.
Yup, it's not like we can afford to piss away an extra 4-6 points.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
You need to make saves dude.

This is the NHL. Every goaltender in the league stops 50% or more of high danger scoring chances.

The D also just plays so aggressive with Campbell. You can tell they don't trust him at all because he let's in so many f***ing softies.
Agreed. The game should be 3-2 with any other team's backup goalie in our net.

Reactions: InTheBox

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Holy f***, I missed the second to walk the dog. 4-3 Sharks. Campbell being Campbell or other culprits to blame?

Defense not great. Campbell just crap like usual. Basically playing for Campbell like we did for Skinner for the first half of the year. Campbell may have run out of luck.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
"Gotta get him going" or something

I do t get this line of thinking. How many times have I heard that the Oilers will need him for the playoffs- but why? Skinner is your number 1 and you don’t rotate goalies in the playoffs

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Ceci sucks too....but Nurse is paid 3x more and F's up just as much, if not more each game as Ceci does.
Na man. Your watching the wrong game. Your just gaslighting. It appears you have something against Nurse. Anyone that watches with a keen eye can see most of the time Nurse is compensating for Ceci's brain dead plays. Nurse is niether smart enough or talented enough to compensate for his mistakes let alone covering for goofy skating out of position on the other side.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I’ve never seen a goalie so bad that it is literally impossible to win with him in net. He’s it.

I’d be curious to see if there has been a goalie in the last 40 years that have lost this many games in a row with the level of goal support he’s received. Has to be unprecedented.
Our only hope is that it’s the worst season ever. No where but up after this year right?

Wonder if Mike Smith can play backup in the playoffs. I’m actually not kidding…

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’m a gentleman! I don’t fart

Lol actually I farted under the covers last night and Leah booted me out of the bed
Lmao
1679369604208.jpeg

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Not trying to make excuses for Campbell because he has been bad but wtf is our team doing?

First goal Campbell makes the save but the rebound pops out and Kane doesnt have position on his guy.

Second goal starts from behind the sharks net and just passes the puck right down the middle for a breakaway that Campbell stops but is batted out of mid air.

Third goal our forwards just leave their best player wide open and just walks right in.

Fourth goal their best player just walks into the slot without proper coverage.

I get we are badly out chancing them but it seems like every chance against that goes in are all basic defensive plays that a good team would prevent.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Constantly outscoring the other team when hes out there against the best players?

You know, the way you win games?

You can say hes not worth the 9.25 without sounding clueless and calling him a 3rd pairing D.
They score goals when he's out there in spite of him. Guy shoots high and wide like 80% of the time he attempts a shot. Maybe put the pom poms down for a few and watch how many times Nurse screws up per game.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Then play Skinner until they clinch a spot they want. Just avoid LA and Colorado/Minnesota.
So play Skinner every game till the end of the season and playoffs. The seeding won’t be decided till like the last game my dude.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Yeah unfortunately Campbell is now a scheduled loss. Unreal
I don’t understand starting him tonight though, at home, with the Sharks who have a guy like Karlson. Seemed like the right call was Skinner at home and Campbell on the road. I can’t imagine Campbells mental state is better playing in front of the hometown crowd.

Reactions: iCanada

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They score goals when he's out there in spite of him. Guy shoots high and wide like 80% of the time he attempts a shot. Maybe put the pom poms down for a few and watch how many times Nurse screws up per game.
Maybe turn your TV on, might help you.

Unless you think a 3rd pairing D could have the hardest deployment in NHL history lately and still come out ahead.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I don’t understand starting him tonight though, at home, with the Sharks who have a guy like Karlson. Seemed like the right call was Skinner at home and Campbell on the road. I can’t imagine Campbells mental state is better playing in front of the hometown crowd.
Yeah I actually agree. I thought it was going to be phx. Away from home seemed like the call.

Alas…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad