GDT: LXXI | "Nowhere To Run, Nowhere to Pride" | Oilers vs Sharks | 3.20.23 | 7:30PM | SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should Philip Broberg take a field trip to Bakersfield?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Defense not great. Campbell just crap like usual. Basically playing for Campbell like we did for Skinner for the first half of the year. Campbell may have run out of luck.

Woodcroft has to stop playing him. This is as bad as the Puljujarvi experiment "trying to get him going".

Buy him out this offseason. The capsavings percentage will be equal to save his percentage anyways.

Reactions: oobga

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Guy has one of the worst hockey IQ's out there. Paid like a superstar, plays like a 3rd pairing dman.
He’s been brutal tonight. No idea what read he made on the 3rd goal - his D partner forces his man to go wide along the boards, the Shark teammate Nurse is defending goes to help along the boards, Nurse follows him. Why? Why go to a low danger spot on the ice when the trailer May or may not be tied up by back checkers? Why take that risk leaving so much open ice in the high danger area? That’s Eakins swarm ideology. How’s that working in Anaheim?

Then there's the constant bobbling of the puck. Kulak annoys the shit out of me when he does that, but Nurse makes nearly 4 times as much money.

Earn your f***ing pay check loser!

Reactions: McXLNC97

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Woodcroft has to stop playing him. This is as bad as the Puljujarvi experiment "trying to get him going".

Buy him out this offseason. The capsavings percentage will be equal to save his percentage anyways.
I hate buyouts. But I just don’t know how you can’t…

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Send Campbell down and have him play every game for Bako for the rest of their season. Whatever Schwartz and Campbell have been doing clearly isn't working.

Reactions: T-Funk and iCanada

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Holland get alot of cred for the Ek trade, and it was a slam dunk!

But 5m in waste cap för Soup, must be one of the worst nothing for the bucks since Lucic.

Trading for AA was also so f bad, his old org. fleeced him really bad there.

Rating Holland's Moves

Great:
Ekholm
RNH (ext)

Good:
Hyman
Bjugstad
Kostin
Kulak

Meh:
Shore (ext)
Foegele (trade + ext)
Yamamoto (ext)
Holloway
Kulak (ext)
Kulikov
Ennis
Neal

Bad:
AA
Green
Broberg
Puljujarvi (ext)
Brassard

Dear Lord What the f***:
Campbell
Keith
Kassian (ext)
Nurse (ext)

• Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Na man. Your watching the wrong game. Your just gaslighting. It appears you have something against Nurse. Anyone that watches with a keen eye can see most of the time Nurse is compensating for Ceci's brain dead plays. Nurse is niether smart enough or talented enough to compensate for his mistakes let alone covering for goofy skating out of position on the other side.
Nurse is guilty of plenty of his own brain dead plays. You can't pass this off all on Ceci. This isn't a new thing with Nurse this year. He's had these issues most of his career. I just find it funny how people defend Nurse. The guy makes 9.25m per season. He wanted superstar, top dman money....well then he should play like it, or expect the criticism that comes his way

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Maybe playing him now is his way to show Holland that he needs to go in the off season.

“Don’t pretend he is good, I gave you all the evidence you need Ken”

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not trying to make excuses for Campbell because he has been bad but wtf is our team doing?

First goal Campbell makes the save but the rebound pops out and Kane doesnt have position on his guy.

Second goal starts from behind the sharks net and just passes the puck right down the middle for a breakaway that Campbell stops but is batted out of mid air.

Third goal our forwards just leave their best player wide open and just walks right in.

Fourth goal their best player just walks into the slot without proper coverage.

I get we are badly out chancing them but it seems like every chance against that goes in are all basic defensive plays that a good team would prevent.
At some point your goalie has to stop those though. Not everyone, but at least some.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
I wonder how much of Campbell still starting games is upper management saying we spent 5Mill on this guy get him in. I think if it was up to Woody he would be gone

djbard99

Feb 11, 2023
Not trying to make excuses for Campbell because he has been bad but wtf is our team doing?

First goal Campbell makes the save but the rebound pops out and Kane doesnt have position on his guy.

Second goal starts from behind the sharks net and just passes the puck right down the middle for a breakaway that Campbell stops but is batted out of mid air.

Third goal our forwards just leave their best player wide open and just walks right in.

Fourth goal their best player just walks into the slot without proper coverage.

I get we are badly out chancing them but it seems like every chance against that goes in are all basic defensive plays that a good team would prevent.
Our team is allergic to back checking and LA if we get them in the playoffs are gonna crush us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad