GDT: LXXI | "Nowhere To Run, Nowhere to Pride" | Oilers vs Sharks | 3.20.23 | 7:30PM | SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should Philip Broberg take a field trip to Bakersfield?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
We got to stop playing down to dog shit teams levels, this isnt the first game this year. We have 2 losses to Columbus this year, we have also lost to Anaheim and the Habs. Hell the Habs lit Skinner up for 6 this season.

I guess as long as we get the wins in the games that matters?

Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Our team is allergic to back checking and LA if we get them in the playoffs are gonna crush us

That's kind of my point. Does another goalie win us this game? Sure. But we play like that against LA or Vegas and we can kiss the season goodbye.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
We got to stop playing down to dog shit teams levels, this isnt the first game this year. We have 2 losses to Columbus this year, we have also lost to Anaheim and the Habs. Hell the Habs lit Skinner up for 6 this season.

Way to go with the whataboutism.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
What a weird game. Multiple goals called off, but yet the Sharks are still getting some bounces. Some nice looking goals by the Sharks but the Oilers' poor defense helping to crrate those opportunities. The Oilers are getting chances but also passing in prime shooting positions. Oilers losing the goalie battle and thevrefs have put their whistles away.

Still, the biggest reason it's the Sharks up a goal going into the 3rd is because the Sharks are outworking the Oilers and winning battles. The Oilers need to skate, win some board battles, stop allowing prime slot scoring chances, and start taking pucks harder to the net. Too much perimeter play. Drop a shoulder and take the puck to the net and force the Sharks to take a penalty.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Your boy could also make a save or two.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So play Skinner every game till the end of the season and playoffs. The seeding won’t be decided till like the last game my dude.
There are only three teams to avoid, and two of them are in the Central so it’s really only two teams to avoid.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Not trying to make excuses for Campbell because he has been bad but wtf is our team doing?

First goal Campbell makes the save but the rebound pops out and Kane doesnt have position on his guy.

Second goal starts from behind the sharks net and just passes the puck right down the middle for a breakaway that Campbell stops but is batted out of mid air.

Third goal our forwards just leave their best player wide open and just walks right in.

Fourth goal their best player just walks into the slot without proper coverage.

I get we are badly out chancing them but it seems like every chance against that goes in are all basic defensive plays that a good team would prevent.
The Oil aren't getting any stops. But their defensive zone play is an absolute trainwreck. Slow moving, slow thinking and gifting high quality ice a ton and most egregious to an assassin offenseman on pace for Bobby Orr pinball production numbers of 100 points. Ceci and Nurse have been horrendous. Campbell's brutal but the lazy, soft and slow thinking play in front of him is a massive issue. Play like that against LA (should that match up happen) and its out in 4 games.

Zero excuse for this team to play so badly tonight. Not enough work and effort. They looked past San Jose tonight and it shows in all areas of sloppy, ineffective play.

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad