Lucas Raymond

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was just going to go back over to the game thread to copy that and paste it here.

I'm thinking Raymond's versatility is related to the muscle he added last off-season.

I'm hoping he adds a little more muscle -- it doesn't seem to have slowed him down, he looks like the kind of guy that can handle it well and add it easily, and if he can add another 15 pounds he'd be Brad Marchand without the pathologies, an unstoppable little beast of a man.

Ray is already bigger and heavier than Marchand. The rat is strangely strong for his size.

I'd like to see Ray add a few more lbs though.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I love the consistency. Not your typical streaky kid. 8 points in October, 10 in November and December, 13 so far in January. His production keeps steadily increasing. He may hit 70 points this year.
I think he has consistency in production (which is good) but I don't think he has reached the full 82 games consistency in effort level. It's hard to do but it seems like he's getting there. He has some streaks of games where he looks like the best player on the ice for many games in a row, and some other streaks where he seems more tired and doesn't seem to be able to create as many offensive opportunities... but funnily enough he seems to find similar production in both situations. If he can keep getting points when he's more tired, and can get luckier in his dominant games to get a few more points, I think he'll be a true elite player. We've seen glimpses of that potential MANY times through the season and it's exciting to know that this is what he could end up being when he reaches his full potential.

Reactions: NickH8 and Sentinel

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Ray has made some leaps and bounds level of improvements this year. He is still a bit off from being a full line driver, but I think he has that kind of potential which very few wingers in this league do. His development was one of the reasons I was so excited to add Kane. Being able to learn from him is huge for a guy like Ray.

I think the next step we see is him really pushing the play defensively and becoming better on the transition and then step into that line driver role. I definitely think he can be a PPG guy in the next couple of seasons.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I've said for a while I think he can be an 80-90 point player. People forget he's only 21 years old. He might've found that next gear.

He needs to improve his shot. It's good but not great. If he could work on his release like Larkin did then Ray could become a consistent 30 goal threat instead of flirting with 20.

Reactions: Sentinel

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He needs to improve his shot. It's good but not great. If he could work on his release like Larkin did then Ray could become a consistent 30 goal threat instead of flirting with 20.
His shooting % is pretty good but I’d argue he should have ~5 more goals on the year with the amount of quality chances he’s had. Converting more of those is definitely going to how he reaches another level as a player. But his IQ to generate those chances and consistently be involved in the play has been great this year. I think he sees the ice extremely well.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
His shooting % is pretty good but I’d argue he should have ~5 more goals on the year with the amount of quality chances he’s had. Converting more of those is definitely going to how he reaches another level as a player. But his IQ to generate those chances and consistently be involved in the play has been great this year. I think he sees the ice extremely well.

With a bit more power and a more deceptive release I think you'd see those 5 extra goals at this point.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Ray Ray be guud at hockey.

Is he really the youngest player in the league right now?

no, they said youngest player in that game against Vancouver.

unreal goal though, really good game from him. Highlight reel-goal, took a cheapshot up high, came back, another cheapshot check from behind, but he kept battling.

He's really matured this season, very impressive season. Of course it hasn't been perfect, but he's growing as a player.

Reactions: wings95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad