Lucas Raymond

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yep and honestly with the chances hes produced, he could have even more points, hes pretty much at the bare minimum I would expect given how hes played. He looks like a future 90 point player to me this season, cant wait to see what hes like at 25-26.

One thing people dont talk about is how many penalties he draws because hes so shifty. Hes top 5 in the league at drawing penalties at even strength

Hes tracking advanced stats and then using that rate what percentile of impact Raymond falls into. Without looking specificaly in what falls into "shooting" its hard to say exactly what thats telling you, but in penalties drawn, its saying Raymond draws more than 94% of the rest of the league
I am happy with how he has played overall this year and have seen some good overall improvements.

Relative to what I expect for him personally though, I think he has had a good amount of chances this year and should have probably buried more of them than he has.

Reactions: newfy

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
They did have him handle a PK shift the other night too. It was one of the games Larkin was out, but it does show the coaching staff has more confidence in him being a complete player.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
He has looked excellent this season and the added muscle/strength has made a huge impact on his ability to battle around the boards.

I am really excited to see what he can learn from Kane, because I think he can be that type of winger. Not per say a HOFer but more a winger that can actually drive play and control play. One that is equally as good as a playmaker as he is as a shooter.

Prime Kane, was one of the view few wingers in the NHL you could legitimately build around. If Ray could even become 75% of that, it would be huge.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Hes tracking advanced stats and then using that rate what percentile of impact Raymond falls into. Without looking specificaly in what falls into "shooting" its hard to say exactly what thats telling you, but in penalties drawn, its saying Raymond draws more than 94% of the rest of the league
So how does Raymod have a 1 for "Power Play"?
And how does a 62, 91, 96, 66, 94 & 1 come to an 82 for overall offence?
And how does a 61 & 77 come to a 57 for overall defense?
And how does an 82 & a 57 come to an 84 overall?

And if Raymond is an 84, how is Sprong a 98?

Last edited:
Reactions: sepster

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's fantastic this year, looks like a true star. One of the best in the league at drawing penalties too.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I am happy with how he has played overall this year and have seen some good overall improvements.

Relative to what I expect for him personally though, I think he has had a good amount of chances this year and should have probably buried more of them than he has.
He definitely has had a lot of chances he could've buried, but he hasnt been a "bad" finisher either. The fact those chances are there and he hasnt buried them is a good sign to me when looking at his current production. Hes on pace for almost 30 goals with some bad puck luck, his whole career isnt going to go that way
So how does Raymod have a 1 for "Power Play"?
And how does a 62, 91, 96, 66, 94 & 1 come to an 82 for overall offence?
And how does a 61 & 77 come to a 57 for overall defense?
And how does an 82 & a 57 come to an 84 overall?

And if Raymond is an 84, how is Sprong a 98?
I dont know about this model specifically but they probably track a lot of micro stats that go into their values that dont show up on the chart. You dont just add up the totals of 3 or 4 stats and come out with a total "war" stat. Whatever stats they track probably dont think Raymond has been great on the powerplay, or that could be a typo in the data as well. I find it hard to believe Raymonds PP rating is that low as well, but he wasnt on the first PP at the start of the year when they were ripping it up so maybe that has something to do with it

Sprong is probably so highly rated because he plays weaker copmetition which helps him rack up better micro stats. Sprong is also one of the most efficient scorers in the league so that might explain, especially early in the season while his value is so high.

I'm not familiar with that guys stats model though, so youll have to go to their website and look into it more if you want more info. I was giving a general overview of how these things work

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
It's been nice to see him prove that last year was merely a sophomore slump.

He's currently on pace for 67 points. My expectation of him based on the history of 4th overall picks, is to become a 60 point player year to year. If he can exceed that, that would be awesome

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I dont know about this model specifically but they probably track a lot of micro stats that go into their values that dont show up on the chart. You dont just add up the totals of 3 or 4 stats and come out with a total "war" stat. Whatever stats they track probably dont think Raymond has been great on the powerplay, or that could be a typo in the data as well. I find it hard to believe Raymonds PP rating is that low as well, but he wasnt on the first PP at the start of the year when they were ripping it up so maybe that has something to do with it

Sprong is probably so highly rated because he plays weaker copmetition which helps him rack up better micro stats. Sprong is also one of the most efficient scorers in the league so that might explain, especially early in the season while his value is so high.

I'm not familiar with that guys stats model though, so youll have to go to their website and look into it more if you want more info. I was giving a general overview of how these things work
I appreciate the response because I was genuinely curious. But, in the end I come out personally not seeing any value in numbers where we don't know how they arrived there and also don't have a large sample to see to know if they even pass the smell test.

Reactions: sepster

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Raymond at 60 to 80 points while playing both ends of the ice, sign me up for 8 years. He has looked great this year and is still barely legal to drink in the US of A. He is only going to get better and grow with the team.

Quite sure we'll see Yzerman "long-term" 3 years for Raymond. He did that also with Kucherov.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Right now Raymond's production is 57% of Stutzle's level from last 2 seasons.

With easy mathematics this would be 4.76M (of 8.35M).

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
He's been pretty disappointing this year imo. Not seeing the development in his game I'd hoped we'd see atp. For a smaller guy he lacks that extra gear and the offensive skills, IQ, and vision just have not improved. No creativity, not playing with any confidence, still far too easy to push off the puck.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He's been pretty disappointing this year imo. Not seeing the development in his game I'd hoped we'd see atp. For a smaller guy he lacks that extra gear and the offensive skills, IQ, and vision just have not improved. No creativity, not playing with any confidence, still far too easy to push off the puck.
Start watching in mid-December?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

He’s been good or better than for like 70% of the season. This rough stretch doesn’t negate that he was great for the first ~25 games.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

???

All of what you mentioned as improved a ton

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Since Kane joined the team every other player has been dog shit including Raymond unfortunately.

Was incredible before that. I dunno.
Unfortunately Kane's first two games were the SJ and OTT games that just killed the team's spirit. This team is young and inexperienced and those games and the lack of support from coaching and management just completely turned the team off.

The Wings had also experienced like five games in a row of opposing players trying to injure them with no outward response by the league and no comments from coaching and management, culminating in seeing your captain face down and not moving on the ice.

It's a bad look and a jarring experience for players in a league where that stuff isn't commonplace like it was in the 80s.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's been improved in every single area this year. No clue what the basis for this post is.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I'm still not a fan of this pick. I still think he's a complementary player and at a position that is the easiest to build outside the draft. With Rossi and Perfetti both starting to put up good numbers in the NHL, its hard to justify this pick with how threadbare Detroit is at center. And that's not to mention Sanderson, who I think would have lined up very well with Mo.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
He still has consistency issues. With time he should be able to capture his best stretches more often and be effective and be a true difference maker almost every game. It hasn't happened yet as he started this season slow, then had a big stretch of excellent hockey without the expected production but he kept it going and the production increased and was rewarded for his excellent play. But yeah, he has taken a step back since Kane arrived and I'm sure he'll be back to playing excellent hockey soon. He is already way more consistent than he was in his last 2 seasons, so I think that will keep improving.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
He’s a “fine” complimentary player, nothing more. A guy who fill the role as a solid 3rd line winger. He’s not a “core” type of a guy you build your team around. Larks is arguably it, and time is ticking fast.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I'm still not a fan of this pick. I still think he's a complementary player and at a position that is the easiest to build outside the draft. With Rossi and Perfetti both starting to put up good numbers in the NHL, its hard to justify this pick with how threadbare Detroit is at center. And that's not to mention Sanderson, who I think would have lined up very well with Mo.

Raymonds numbers are still better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Perfetti is not going to be a center long term. He’s won 33% of the faceoffs he’s taken so far in his NHL career and he hasn’t taken that many (for a reason).

I liked Raymond over both of these 2 players you mentioned as a prospect and I like him better as of today too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad