Lucas Raymond

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
He’s a SuperGrinder. The amount of times I see him come up with the puck along the boards at his size is amazing, he also seems to really annoy the enemy team. They are always going at him with cross checks and stuff. I didn’t realize how gritty he is, he is always getting into it with the enemy team. Straight up no doubt in my mind he becomes a 90 point superstar player.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He’s a SuperGrinder. The amount of times I see him come up with the puck along the boards at his size is amazing, he also seems to really annoy the enemy team. They are always going at him with cross checks and stuff. I didn’t realize how gritty he is, he is always getting into it with the enemy team. Straight up no doubt in my mind he becomes a 90 point superstar player.
Needs to gain 10 lbs or more to get there

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I hate to ever use the Datsyuk comparison because there will never, ever be another player like #13.

I do have to say though, Raymond sometimes reminds me of him. Mainly because of his crouched poster and his ability to win every single puck battle. And he's doing it as a puny teenager. His skating has also noticeably improved as the season has progressed.

I think he's clearly been our best forward for the past dozen games. And consistently one of the best players on the ice overall

Reactions: Realgud

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
He's definately not getting pushed around out there. Again by no means Dats but he does play a very similar style him. Not afraid to dish out a hit and surprisingly good at it, very strong on his skates by the looks of it and even has a similar similar shot style. Just my take but i think in another 3 or 4 years in a re-draft he goes first overall in a heartbeat. Everyone is all about needing a Wright or Bedard, but i think with a true elite forward again in Raymond. Dats didn't come in a as hyped pick but in time he was a superstar.

However if we did draft a Wright,Bedard or who ever in the next few drafts then we would have our own Matthews and Marner. Hate to admit it but they are having some insane years. Needless to say despite the recent landslide they future is bright.

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kids good. Playing how we wanted Zadina to

I think Vrana is the player we expected Zadina to be (though slower). Raymond has really high hockey IQ, knows where he's going wit the puck before he even touches it. Nobody expected Zadina to be a playmaker, he's just really disappointed with his puck skills and shooting.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
GF% from this season, all our centers Raymond has played with:

Larkin 37.5% with Raymond
Copp 35.0%
Ras 33.3%
Suter 62.5%
Veleno 33.3%

So he does not work with anybody, except Suter.

Larkin 59.3%, without Raymond +21.8%
Copp 60.7%, without Raymond +25.7%
Ras 46.1%, without Raymond +12.8%
Suter 38.9%, without Raymond -23.6%
Veleno 55.9% without Raymond +22.6%

So he does drag all the teammates down, expect Suter. Why aren't they locked together?

Berggren is the best opposite winger for him, then next best Perron.

Berggren/Perron - Suter - Raymond should be the starting point to build a best possible line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Retire91

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Larkin 37.5%
Copp 35.0%
Ras 33.3%
Suter 62.5%
Veleno 33.3%

Henkka, you know the word we're all about to say.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Copp 35.0%
Ras 33.3%
Suter 62.5%
Veleno 33.3%

So he does drag all the teammates down, expect Suter. Why aren't they locked together?
Because the Wings don't want him to play with Suter.

1676320361678.png

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Those are actually kinda concerning numbers, year two slump for sure, he just really needs to get bigger physically. He has the ability to take over games so he frustrates me because he just doesn’t, but he still is only 20.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Those are actually kinda concerning numbers, year two slump for sure, he just really needs to get bigger physically. He has the ability to take over games so he frustrates me because he just doesn’t, but he still is only 20.
For sure. He thinks the game at a high level and has more skill than 90% of the team, just the execution isn't always there. He needs to shoot more too.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019

Copp 35.0%
Ras 33.3%
Suter 62.5%
Veleno 33.3%

Berggren/Perron - Suter - Raymond should be the starting point to build a best possible line.

Your analytical skills are as sharp as ever I see.

Completely ignoring the 3rd part of a line is not a good idea when trying to device a line-up IMO.

Take for example Copp. I would say Raymond and Copp works well together. Copp + Raymond did well when playing with either Berggren or Bertuzzi as the 2nd winger. However dragging down the numbers with Copp is the Erne + Copp + Raymond line, and the Zadina + Copp + Raymond line.

Not so surprising. Copp is a good defensive player, but in order for a line with Copp to work, you need either 1 superstar offensive player (e.g. Panarin) which the wings have none of. Or 2 Offensively-minded wingers.

When it comes to Larkin and Raymond, I think you are right, in the numbers there's a lot of context missing, such as Raymond playing with Larkin either during the hardest part of the schedule (December + January), or when Larkin was playing with a semi-hurt hand, Bertuzzi being rusty etc. But the sample size with Larkin is large enough to say that Raymond probably shouldn't be with Larkin (even-though we did see it work last season and at points this season).

The Rasmussen, Suter and Veleno data is just not enough especially if you want to look at GF/GA.
Both Rasmussen and Veleno have been on the ice for 1 GF, and 2 GA with Raymond, leading to that 33.3%. The goals could be from a poor-line change, a post PK situation or similar. The sample size is so poor that you should be ashamed for using it.

When it comes to Suter it's quite funny that you want him to be Raymond's center. Most of his time playing with Raymond, he was the 2nd winger, and Larkin was the center. But hey, why care about context.

Last edited:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Copp 35.0%
Ras 33.3%
Suter 62.5%
Veleno 33.3%

You’re advocating for one of our best forwards to be stapled to our 4C who has little playmaking ability because of one statistic born of 69 minutes worth of play together.

This is why some people hate advanced stats. This is clearly not telling the whole story, and if we wanted to pretend it did, it’d still be telling a story about a 20 year old NHLer who is in the midst of a natural evolution. What is “right” about him today could easily be a disappearing artifact 20 games from now.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013

Copp 35.0%
Ras 33.3%
Suter 62.5%
Veleno 33.3%

because analytics aren’t everything and putting him with suter isn’t smart

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You’re advocating for one of our best forwards to be stapled to our 4C who has little playmaking ability because of one statistic born of 69 minutes worth of play together.

This is why some people hate advanced stats. This is clearly not telling the whole story, and if we wanted to pretend it did, it’d still be telling a story about a 20 year old NHLer who is in the midst of a natural evolution. What is “right” about him today could easily be a disappearing artifact 20 games from now.
Don't forget that this was winger Suter from earlier in the season when Rasmussen was still at center and a shit ton of forwards were out. That sample size that's being cherry-picked still has Larkin as Raymond's center.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Last time I tried to correct Henkka on abusing the ever-loving hell out of statistics, he snapped at me and then started abusing them even more. Scared the hell out of me. Tread carefully, friends.

Anyway, what's the latest on Raymond? Is he a possibility for tomorrow?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Last time I tried to correct Henkka on abusing the ever-loving hell out of statistics, he snapped at me and then started abusing them even more. Scared the hell out of me. Tread carefully, friends.

Anyway, what's the latest on Raymond? Is he a possibility for tomorrow?
There is no new update, he is considered day to day at this point, I would assume that means he's possible for tomorrow but we won't know until they make a clear announcement.

UPDATE EDIT: he is, in fact, out

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad