Lucas Raymond

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Raymonds numbers are still better.
Numbers aren't everything. Detroit needs centers. Players like Raymond is way easier to find than a top 6 center. And Rossi is looking very good right now. And Sanderson looks like a stud.
Perfetti is not going to be a center long term. He’s won 33% of the faceoffs he’s taken so far in his NHL career and he hasn’t taken that many (for a reason).

I liked Raymond over both of these 2 players you mentioned as a prospect and I like him better as of today too.

Who knows, Larkin came into the NHL losing like 60% of the draws he took and playing a lot of wing. I like Rossi better because he could easily end this season with 30 goals as a center. Having a 22 year old 30 goal center on the 2nd line would be a huge boon on this team.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Numbers aren't everything. Detroit needs centers. Players like Raymond is way easier to find than a top 6 center. And Rossi is looking very good right now. And Sanderson looks like a stud.

Who knows, Larkin came into the NHL losing like 60% of the draws he took and playing a lot of wing. I like Rossi better because he could easily end this season with 30 goals as a center. Having a 22 year old 30 goal center on the 2nd line would be a huge boon on this team.
Lmao. Raymond has 10 goals and 35 games. Rossi has 11 goals in 33 games. You are sitting here making it sound like Rossi is doing these great things and Raymond isn't.

And Rossi is a 5'8 center, I'm not sitting here wishing I had that dude. You go ahead.

I think it's like 50/50 both those guys end up back on the wing in a few years.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Raymond started the season great. He hit people, he was hard to knock off the puck, he was assertive, he was creative.

This last month, that has all vanished. He's timid, makes terrible decisions, keeps to the perimeter, etc.

But the one thing that really bothers me is his body language. He just looks defeated. Not like someone that's optimistic they can work through their slump. He was the same last year. He just looks down.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Everyone who plays with Larkin looks better than they are, problem is we have only one Larkin and he is not always healthy.
Solution,: draft intelligent dynamic players

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He’s a “fine” complimentary player, nothing more. A guy who fill the role as a solid 3rd line winger. He’s not a “core” type of a guy you build your team around. Larks is arguably it, and time is ticking fast.
….i get not being high on Raymond but solid 3rd line winger is simply ridiculous. There are exactly zero third line wingers with his stat line across the entire NHL.

Signing a 2C in free agency isn’t difficult, there are several available every year. 1C is the hard position to fill. Rossi and Perfetti not and will not be 1Cs.

I’m not happy w the direction of the team either but some of this shit is straight up crazy

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
.i get not being high on Raymond but solid 3rd line winger is simply ridiculous. There are exactly zero third line wingers with his stat line across the entire NHL.

Signing a 2C in free agency isn’t difficult, there are several available every year. 1C is the hard position to fill. Rossi and Perfetti not and will not be 1Cs.

I’m not happy w the direction of the team either but some of this shit is straight up crazy
Every now and then trolls can't help but announce themselves as trolls. Believe them when they tell you who they are, and move on.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
YOUNG STARS SPOTLIGHTED IN #NHLSTATS: LIVE UPDATES
The latest edition of #NHLStats: Live Updates featured noteworthy performances from several young stars, including Lucas Raymond (0-2—2) who factored on two of three Red Wings goals as they earned a shutout victory against the Flyers.

Raymond_Media-26124647.png

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17635

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Man some people sound stupid in this thread. Raymond is trending exactly how every wings fan should want him to. On pace for almost 70 points at 21 years old, spending a lot of the year on the 2nd powerplay. Not sure if its still true but up until a few weeks ago he was on pace for the 2nd highest net penalties drawn season ever as well.

Hes not a point per game player yet so I guess hes a third liner though...

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
3rd in points for U23 in the entire league. He’s doing great.
I've always found it weird that we look at European leagues as development leagues and happily segregate by age - u19, u21, etc.

We should really do the same with the NHL. Unless you are a phenom there is absolutely a development curve. It might feel like forever but Raymond has only been in this league for 2.5 years. He hasn't even been old enough to drink for a year yet.

Give him two seasons of learning from Kane and let's see what he can do. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wings rate the effect Kane will have on the young guys higher than the first rounder they could get for him.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Question is probably better in this thread.
I was just going to go back over to the game thread to copy that and paste it here.

I'm thinking Raymond's versatility is related to the muscle he added last off-season.

I'm hoping he adds a little more muscle -- it doesn't seem to have slowed him down, he looks like the kind of guy that can handle it well and add it easily, and if he can add another 15 pounds he'd be Brad Marchand without the pathologies, an unstoppable little beast of a man.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
his fantastic penalty differential is a pretty clear sign that he’s making progress in that department

I wonderi f hes still on pace for the second best of all time. There was talk of that a while ago but I dont know where you even find that stat tracked historically

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I was just going to go back over to the game thread to copy that and paste it here.

I'm thinking Raymond's versatility is related to the muscle he added last off-season.

I'm hoping he adds a little more muscle -- it doesn't seem to have slowed him down, he looks like the kind of guy that can handle it well and add it easily, and if he can add another 15 pounds he'd be Brad Marchand without the pathologies, an unstoppable little beast of a man.
I totally agree. Another 10% strength and 10% speed and Raymond is Marner without the prima Donna attitude. Those two things need to be his focus this summer, he has the vision/hands/shot already, but still sometimes lacks that extra step to get away or that extra bit of strength to fight off checks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad