London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Willmore was amazing I feel we really have a two headed monster in net !!!!!!
Wow - I guess you’re excited. Wilmore was solid, But the Knights defence seemed to have played solid in front of him, and limit the amount of chances the Rangers had. And even when they had good scoring chances, the Rangers seem to miss the net quite a bit.

Wilmore has a ways to go before they become a two headed monster, but all we really need him to be is solid and that’s what he was tonight. Well deserved on the shutout.

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
George, Bonk, Edward, Dickinson are rock solid and very capable of shutdown hockey in the playoffs. With above average goaltending and balanced scoring Knights are in the hunt again. Feel now we are to the same level as last year. 4 way battle with Rangers, Soo, Spirit and Knights. The improvement on forward depth has been the key, Van Gorp improved play, return of Sim and the acquisition of Lawrence has pushed us to 3 good lines instead of 2

Reactions: rve24 and LDN

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Word is, only singles and standing room for Saturday's game in Owen Sound .

The Knights are great for the OHL.
Selling out wherever they play.
I can't count all the great players I've watched over 30 plus years , set foot on Bayshore ice . The Hunters set the gold standard.

There's been a buzz here for over a week .
Looking forward to the game and the Knights faithful who always make the trip. And the return of the big man to Owen Sound .

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Wilmore has a ways to go before they become a two headed monster, but all we really need him to be is solid and that’s what he was tonight. Well deserved on the shutout.
What does this kid have to do?
Two years ago he salvaged any hope of anyone stopping the puck when Brochu went down and Flores couldn't stop a beach ball ( to his credit he's now the reason Niagara doesn tlose by double digits every night )
Then last year when Brochu went down and the stage got a bit too big for Bowen ( who I sill believe is going to be great for the Petes ) Guess who saves the day and keeps the Knights in the damn OHL FINALS!! Jr B call up ( again ) Owen Willmore..
I don't think he gets his due from the fan base...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Word is, only singles and standing room for Saturday's game in Owen Sound .

The Knights are great for the OHL.
Selling out wherever they play.
I can't count all the great players I've watched over 30 plus years , set foot on Bayshore ice . The Hunters set the gold standard.

There's been a buzz here for over a week .
Looking forward to the game and the Knights faithful who always make the trip. And the return of the big man to Owen Sound .
I hope George gets the start... Great future. Seems like OS, Guelph, Missie are the OHL's goalie factories. Not easy to predict success from Midget to OHL, don't know how you do it.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I hope George gets the start... Great future. Seems like OS, Guelph, Missie are the OHL's goalie factories. Not easy to predict success from Midget to OHL, don't know how you do it.
I'd be shocked if he doesn't start.

He's a great kid and fun to watch.
Don't know if you saw the clip of him stopping a penalty shot attempt Sunday.
Hes got a little cockiness to his game .

Looks like a London area boy (Komoka) is on his way here next year- Kaprowski mopped up in Barrie last week stopping 26 of 29 in his OHL debut, save % nearly .900.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
What does this kid have to do?
Two years ago he salvaged any hope of anyone stopping the puck when Brochu went down and Flores couldn't stop a beach ball ( to his credit he's now the reason Niagara doesn tlose by double digits every night )
Then last year when Brochu went down and the stage got a bit too big for Bowen ( who I sill believe is going to be great for the Petes ) Guess who saves the day and keeps the Knights in the damn OHL FINALS!! Jr B call up ( again ) Owen Willmore..
I don't think he gets his due from the fan base...
I see your point, but I will ask people this. If Michael Simpson were to go down before the playoffs, are you confident and comfortable with him being your starter? That’s what I ask myself…. But the more games he gets in, the more comfortable he can get.

Reactions: sbpointer

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I believe that this will be our 5th and final "3 in 3" weekend. Have some 3 in 4s.
I wonder how many "3 in 3s" other teams have?
Not exactly sure on other teams but I think it’s comparable for the southern ontario clubs. London used to have 8-9 three-in-threes in a season but that seems to have changed this year.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I believe that this will be our 5th and final "3 in 3" weekend. Have some 3 in 4s.
I'll guess without looking it's on the higher end for the West this year.
At least the minority of posters here don't use it as an excuse for the team only when they......

Reactions: Slowpace

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I see your point, but I will ask people this. If Michael Simpson were to go down before the playoffs, are you confident and comfortable with him being your starter? That’s what I ask myself…. But the more games he gets in, the more comfortable he can get.
So to me yeah I’d be comfortable running him out as the starter for a playoff run. Obviously the team went out and got Simpson for a reason but I certainly wouldn’t be panicked if circumstances presented themselves where Willmore had to be the guy.

I see people’s point looking ahead to next year having to also weigh the use of an OA spot for him. I feel like that is reserved on a contender for elite goalies I guess the rest of this year will help map out the solid vs elite feel.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Young goalies come in at 150-160lbs skinny legs and leaves at 180-190lbs with big muscular legs

Goalies are late bloomers, late developing compared to skaters. Has anyone ever seen a goaltender playing in NHL as an 18-year-old. They come into faster junior leagues smaller, lighter, they have to get familiarized with bigger equipments for a much faster game, their leg muscles are just not there yet. They develop different muscles, the ankles and knees needs to beef up for their side to side, up and down movements and to co-ordinate game speed with much faster reflexes. Overage goalies, not all of them but most, are bound to have better years at 20 playing junior hockey because they are physically stronger, Simpson won the OHL title last year and I see an even better Simpson this year, believe it or not

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Young goalies come in at 150-160lbs skinny legs and leaves at 180-190lbs with big muscular legs

Goalies are late bloomers, late developing compared to skaters. Has anyone ever seen a goaltender playing in NHL as an 18-year-old. They come into faster junior leagues smaller, lighter, they have to get familiarized with bigger equipments for a much faster game, their leg muscles are just not there yet.

The only one I can think of as being the exception was Tom Barrasso. If I recall, he was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres right out of high school, no less, somewhere around 1983. I can't think of another who completely skipped Junior to go straight into the NHL.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Erie has only 4 3 in 3 this season. Tonight is the middle game of a 3 in 3 and part of a 4 in 5(Monday is a makeup game). They have 9 3 in 4 days scheduled this season.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Most Knights 3 in 3 weekends, I've noticed, are mostly 3 in 2 1/2 days and usually finishing with the third being an afternoon road game. Heck, kids at that age, they have a lot of energies to spare

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad