London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
An utterly embarrassing and pathetic weekend.
Lose to two teams at the bottom of their division.
Lose to two inexperienced goalies that have never won a game.
They thought they could just mail it in and win both games. Lucky they salvaged 2 points. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Play like this against a motivated Kitchener team and they'll get their a$$es handed to them.
They just came off a 14 game win streak. Step back from the ledge.

Knights fans are insufferable sometimes.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
2 losses. Time to step up. Let’s hope this setback doesn’t last long. Need to get back to wining

• Haha
Reactions: Millpond

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
It's not their fault. Most Knights fans have never had their allegiance tested during a real down year. Knight's fans get all of the highs and none of the lows that the rest of us get to experience.

Did it ever stop?
Yes SOL (loss)

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018

Just used to winning my friend, and above all, beating bad teams. That hasn't happened this weekend.
Bar is set high here in London....failure is not an option.

Reactions: LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yeah it’s not great to be tied 2-2 after 40 with the Petes BUT as has been the case lately, teams just simply do not have to play with a ton of urgency or execute well and yes that will keep the Petes in it but the Knights are still in control and will be fine in this third period
Have to give it to you though your GM is a sharp guy. Insisting on a good youngster as well as draft picks when unloading his veterans looks like it should knock off 1 year on the go all in sell off the next year model everyone but the Knights seem to use now a days? Fun looking team being assembled now you have to draft well!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

Can't disagree with you on this one we do get a bit spoiled. But when times are going good with most fan bases they generally act this way? Being first overall in the league and leading most team statistical measures just isn't enough anymore for some. I'm enjoying the ride eventually Mark and Dale will move on and the dominance will fall off. BUT for now ..... :):):)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Knights have learned how hard it takes to get to the top, and now their true real challenge for them to learn is how much harder it will take to stay at the top

Reactions: zman77

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Have to give it to you though your GM is a sharp guy. Insisting on a good youngster as well as draft picks when unloading his veterans looks like it should knock off 1 year on the go all in sell off the next year model everyone but the Knights seem to use now a days? Fun looking team being assembled now you have to draft well!
I think teams always insisted on young players but settled for multiple draft picks. Now that you can't trade draft picks as many years out, players, especially 1st rounders are in play again.

Great job on the Peterborough rebuild though.

Reactions: Section5Petes

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015

Actually, it's mostly just 2-3 posters who are pretty quiet until the Knights lose a game or two. They would only be happy if the Knights win every game 10-0. If you had said a couple of months ago if we would be happy with a 16 game streak with a point and 14 wins I think most of us would have been more than satisfied.

In a long season regardless of the league or level it's tough for a team to be at maximum level of play every game. There may be nagging injuries, illness, school work pressures etc. going on behind the scenes. And yes, good teams can take poor teams lightly. The 2004-05 Knights streak was ended by Sudbury who was not one of the league's elite teams that year.

I would rather see a team peaking going into the playoffs than lighting up Peterborough or Erie in January.

Reactions: rve24

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Watched the game people complaining about Doyle and Sloan broadcasting the two for Erie were just terrible take London broadcast anyday!
I've never had an issue with Doyle and Sloan. I think they're two of the best actually.

Some are better than others but they're all volunteers I believe. Just happy that all the teams broadcast their games.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Actually, it's mostly just 2-3 posters who are pretty quiet until the Knights lose a game or two. They would only be happy if the Knights win every game 10-0. If you had said a couple of months ago if we would be happy with a 16 game streak with a point and 14 wins I think most of us would have been more than satisfied.

In a long season regardless of the league or level it's tough for a team to be at maximum level of play every game. There may be nagging injuries, illness, school work pressures etc. going on behind the scenes. And yes, good teams can take poor teams lightly. The 2004-05 Knights streak was ended by Sudbury who was not one of the league's elite teams that year.

I would rather see a team peaking going into the playoffs than lighting up Peterborough or Erie in January.
Agreed but every point matters. I know they’ll get going again. Bounce back is coming

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Can't disagree with you on this one we do get a bit spoiled. But when times are going good with most fan bases they generally act this way? Being first overall in the league and leading most team statistical measures just isn't enough anymore for some. I'm enjoying the ride eventually Mark and Dale will move on and the dominance will fall off. BUT for now ..... :):):)
Simpson and Dylan Hunter are ready to go

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Maybe so but the aforementioned have been understudying with Mark and Dale for a long time. They know the recipe.
I think everyone around the league knows the recipe by now. Following the recipe, your instincts and making the right decisions at the right time is a whole other matter.

At the very least I would expect growing pains

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Simpson and Dylan Hunter are ready to go
I agree with you BUT they aren't Mark or Dale. I think the real key for us is other then a few small interruptions the two have stayed with the club because of the fact they own it. Normally without the ownership tie both Mark and Dale would have been drawn away to bigger fame and fortune? But why would they leave they are there own boss and it's close to there homes its all an ideal situation. Not to mention the beacoup $$$ the Knights create. Enjoy it folks it will end one day .... seriously it will! :)

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Actually brings up a great question who is more critical to the success of the Knights, the Coach or the GM? I've always felt it's Dale as I think he has quite a bit of input into the GM role where Mark has little to do with the Coaching role? What do you all think and no cop outs saying "both are equally important" .... you have to pick one! :laugh:

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Erie loss was not that bad...but the game against the Petes (who lost 8-2) to the last place team the next night was embarrassing. Rangers have dropped 4 in a row, Tuesday should be interesting.

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Actually brings up a great question who is more critical to the success of the Knights, the Coach or the GM? I've always felt it's Dale as I think he has quite a bit of input into the GM role where Mark has little to do with the Coaching role? What do you all think and no cop outs saying "both are equally important" .... you have to pick one! :laugh:
I'd have to pick Mark, and my reasoning is this: Mark's job is to build/construct the team. It's the very foundation from which the players are selected,, that make up the team. Without players,, the coach is stymied, and there's only so much he can do, without talented personnel.. As fans, we've witnessed this during our most recent "rebuild season", when there was a lack of secondary scoring. The team had a full roster, but not an abundance of talent I liken it to a good chef trying to prepare a meal with very few proper ingredients.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Over time, I think it’s proven to be Dale, slightly. Systems and getting the best out of most of the players has been consistent even in down years when there isn’t much talent and the team still wins 35-40 games. Last year was supposed to be a re-building year and they went to the OHL championship.

Dale is the majority owner if I’m not mistaken so player personnel moves would not occur without his influence, further illustrating his importance to the club.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Man this is a great question I've never really thought about. I don't think we've seen the effect really of one without the other. They both had stints away but I firmly believe while Mark was gone he was just a phone call away and Dale when he left had set the table for that team and came back the next year.. So that was a long non answer but I think I'd have to say Mark. I think Dale can teach what he brings and has been doing so. I'm not sure so much Mark's contributions can be taught but from what looks like the succession plan that is in place we are going to see sooner or later..

Reactions: Buttsy and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I’m picking Dale. His systems are unique and he gets the most out of his players

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I am going to try at having a go at this one.

Both Mark and Dale have passion for this game. I've seen them fighting against one another in NHL game, Mark with Montreal Canadiens and Dale with Quebec Nordiques. They both hate to lose and both want to win, they both love the game of hockey equally. They probably eat pucks for breakfasts, hockey sticks for lunches and hockey equipments for diners. All I can say when they meet, I am willing to bet hockey is their favourite topic for discussions. And when you have communications like these two brothers have, success is bound to follow them. Your pick!

Reactions: Buttsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad