London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Guessing (emphasis on 'guessing') that he's nursing a minor injury...I think it was last week or the week before that he missed a start or two, didn't make the road trip.
If my memory serves correctly, Simpson seemed to have stretched his legs a little too wide in the shootout loss to the Petes last Friday while making a stop. If this is the case, it could very well be a groin injury he has, and if this is the case we want him rested and healed up before playoffs. We reached the final with Willmore last year, he can hold the fort until Simpson's return with no problems

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Keeping Simpson fresh for SSM game in a few weeks lol Willy can handle the load but like others have said can we give Medvedev a start? Kids worked his butt off all year time to give him his flowers.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Keeping Simpson fresh for SSM game in a few weeks lol Willy can handle the load but like others have said can we give Medvedev a start? Kids worked his butt off all year time to give him his flowers.
If he was going to get a game it would have been this one. Not Owen sound or Guelph. Stated they want first over all so I Simpson can’t answer the bell for a game Willmores crease to lose. He has done his time as well

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
If he was going to get a game it would have been this one. Not Owen sound or Guelph. Stated they want first over all so I Simpson can’t answer the bell for a game Willmores crease to lose. He has done his time as well
I disagree I believe he could handle the Attack would be a nice test for him

Reactions: sbpointer

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
That's great news, well, you know what I mean, flu is better than groin injury in terms of missing games. It was best to keep Simpson isolated from the team for extra games.

Our forwards in last night game were ready, I can not say the same about our defencemen, they looked very sluggish in our end under pressure last night, compounding the self-made problems in the D-zone. If they want that extra time and space in the D-zone, best move the feet to gain that extra a half second to make plays

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Dale is trying to balance his first three lines, any of these lines could be his #1 or #3 line. I believe to get the max out of Halttunen, Dale may have to move him back on to Cowan's line, they have good chemistry together. McCue can play on Lawrence's line with Sim, that's a combination of speed great shooting as well as play making with defensive minded all in one line. Sawyer Boulton had what, 6 or 7 shifts last night, he did what he was supposed to do, with only one perfectly legal hit on Henry, it turned the game around in London favour after. Yes, Sawyer Boulton is very valuable to this team, and what can we say about the defensive plays of Lawrence, the coaching staffs have to be happy with him for sure, he's been excellent at coming back in helping out his defence. As a fan, if I was to try and find one hated player on this London team, there isn't one

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I would guess Hunter will tinker with the lines coming soon. He has often in the past. It's time to start getting set for the POs. I don't mind that switch at all FP.
It'll give Dale tgat shutdown line he so much appreciates come POs. Actually thought the same thing last night.
McC, Sim n Lawrence would be a pain in the azz to play against if they could get in early on a forecheck.
Time will tell, but they definitely have flexibility because of the Fs skill sets.
I like SB on the team but it'll be interesting when the POs come around if he plays every game. I'd guess early rd/rds yes, then spot duty.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Let's hope similar to last season McCue finds his "playoff gear" so to speak as he was a special player in last years run!
To be clear he has had a solid season but if he can offer even more to the team it will for sure be a positive development.

Reactions: Fastpace

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Halttunen had his best game doing things on his own..battling for the puck and creating scoring chances. Woolley had his worst game yet looked lost. Missed Brzustewicz is he hurt?

Reactions: LDN

londonman01

Mar 10, 2023
Anyone know what the record for shorthanded goals in a year is, and if London has a chance this year?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
To be honest, I would rather have. Medvedev face Guelph. Owen Sound is not the team we beat 10-0 last time we’d faced them.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
To be honest, I would rather have. Medvedev face Guelph. Owen Sound is not the team we beat 10-0 last time we’d faced them.
Easton Rye beat the London Knights last week. Like Rye Medvedev is a capable goalie this OS game in the middle of the 3 in 3 is your back up game let him roll with it...

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Knowing he struggled last season after the passing of Kazbekov. Its nice to see him having success and smiling again

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Halttunen had his best game doing things on his own..battling for the puck and creating scoring chances. Woolley had his worst game yet looked lost. Missed Brzustewicz is he hurt?

Brzustewicsz, S. Boulton, and Fagan were healthy scratches at the rink last night.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad