London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geff

40yrs of season tix 23/24
Dec 11, 2007
The Bud Sec 106
Now Medvedev should be getting the start tomorrow.

Guelph are no slouch but Like I said in my post before OS I isn’t the team we beat 10-0. Not a team I wanna face in the first round. Let’s leave Erie and OS to face Saginaw and the Soo shall we….
While I agree it would be nice to see Medvedev get a game, I bet Simpson is back Sunday. Only reason I can see why Willy did the back to back.

Reactions: Harley49 and zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The Bayshore is a hole. Embarrassment of an arena
Tough situation the team clearly deserves a more modern and bigger facility goes without saying. However getting these things built now adays with tax dollars is such a "hot" button topic. Let's hope it never gets to the point where the team is forced to relocate as the fan base in Owen Sound is strong and worthy of OHL caliber hockey. Mind you as Knights supporter may not be a horrible idea as OS is generally always a PITA for us.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
OS had two strong periods, and their special teams was excellent. George sharp in goal. Knights poured it on in the 3rd as OS seemed content with protecting the lead. An exciting OT... Didn't want it to go to a SO (just compare OT vs SO record).
Spencer, OS's "backup" in-game host, the kid with the Mohawk, did a great job... No sign of nerves, very comfortable in front of the camera, no stuttering, knowledgeable. Come on you need to get that door fixed, 3x!
17-0-0-2.
Quick turnaround, 4pm start in Guelph today. No easy task.

Reactions: sbpointer

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
While I agree it would be nice to see Medvedev get a game, I bet Simpson is back Sunday. Only reason I can see why Willy did the back to back.
Very much doubt it. It was said that we likely won’t see Simpson this weekend and with the bus going from Owen Sound straight to Guelph and playing less than 24 hrs, all signs point to Medvedev starting tonight.

I expect Medvedev will indeed start tonight

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The building is slated for renovations in 2025.
Not so much cosmetic, but necessary mechanical.
Ripping up the concrete ice surface floor and replacing refrigerator piping.
New boards and glass ( bye bye Bayshore bounce).
Upgraded sound, and paving the north parking lot.
Lighting was replaced a few years back.

I could see a larger reno in future, but not a new build.

Brantford is rumored at $120 million . That's a big ask during uncertain economic times.

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
Tough situation the team clearly deserves a more modern and bigger facility goes without saying. However getting these things built now adays with tax dollars is such a "hot" button topic. Let's hope it never gets to the point where the team is forced to relocate as the fan base in Owen Sound is strong and worthy of OHL caliber hockey. Mind you as Knights supporter may not be a horrible idea as OS is generally always a PITA for us.
Lol....you totally don't get it

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Simpson was pretty sick and lost like 8 pounds so the staff took extra precautions to make sure that he regained some strength so that he would be ready to go so thats why the extra couple of days off! Willmore was great in net.
Im goin to steal Nelli's phrase and give him a hedon rating of 9 /10 :cool:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Small-town Owen Sound and area love our arena...could it use Sound system upgrade? Sure...but we just got indoor plumbing a few years back and realize that things take time
A new Sport Centre, not only does it attract, but also brings in more fan comforts for Junior games. It is also economically beneficial for the community from other attractions coming into town, it would pay for itself on the very short term. There is no need to laugh, Owen Sound can still keep it's small Identity while still have major city attractions in town and it's surrounding

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Jesus why would Jackson do that? I hope he doesn’t get suspended. Boys look a touch tired maybe they can regroup and build off the three goals and tighten it up a bit.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
When I saw what Edward did I was instant thinking maybe 4 -5 games. Selfish move hopefully someone sits down with him and has a talk.
honestly rather him have the bone head move now then in the playoffs tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Jesus why would Jackson do that? I hope he doesn’t get suspended. Boys look a touch tired maybe they can regroup and build off the three goals and tighten it up a bit.
The name is Jackson Edward, not Jesus Jackson ;)

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Logan Hunter has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad