London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
General question on the 5 world junior players ...if the trial is going to take up to two years..is it fair they cannot play till trial is over?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
General question on the 5 world junior players ...if the trial is going to take up to two years..is it fair they cannot play till trial is over?
Answer, yes !

Even though, the players are not guilty until proven guilty. They were named in the charges, that mean they were there present in that room, and they had to have witnessed the illegal actions since it was without her full consent. Even without any participation, they should have helped this young lady, and they didn't. This alone worth at the very least two years of not playing, and if I was this young lady's father I'd be saying something that I can not mention here in these pages

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
I believe Bettman said they will all be free agents at the end of this season....will any NHL team sign them? Not likely.

Reactions: Knightsfan90

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
They've fought for every inch of the ice and came out with the 4-3 win over Guelph

Great weekend of hockey

Extremely sadden with the Logan Hunter news, Rest in Peace young man
What I remember the most about Logan is how many times was he sent to the front of the net on PPs, and how many big goalie slashes did he had to endures. He was the example of a team-man, man of all hats, even accepted a trade for the team
He was a fan favourite in Peterborough the season he played for the Petes. He was a mentor to a 16 year old Jordan Staal. They played on a line together and he was a large factor in the player he became. He was also a key part of us going to the Eastern Conference Final in 2005.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Only 2 games for Edward! Lucky for him. Does he actually think he can headcheck and headbutt players and not get suspended? Newsflash, no one has immunity!
I have seen anywhere from 5 to 8 games for headbutts over the years, how this game is changing fast

Even if no contact is made, the act alone is seen by so many, live or on screen, especially by young kids and minor leagues hopefuls

Reactions: zman77

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
So many levels to that last sentence 😁

Edward plays on the edge, but yeah, he deserves the 2 games. Dumb move.
^^ This is accurate he deserves two games because it was a plain dumb move. I feel like the way we rule on these things he should have sucker punched the guy would have had more impact and less consequences. The way the Guelph play by play guys reacted you'd think he'd killed someone when the reality was the actual headbutt while dumb had zero consequence

Reactions: dmead and LDN

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
^^ This is accurate he deserves two games because it was a plain dumb move. I feel like the way we rule on these things he should have sucker punched the guy would have had more impact and less consequences. The way the Guelph play by play guys reacted you'd think he'd killed someone when the reality was the actual headbutt while dumb had zero consequence

A the conclusion of most games, teammates will often give their goaltender a slight head butt in a congratulatory gesture . This "head butt" was more of this type than an intentional and violent attempt to inflict injury. More of a statement than anything else....but still a head butt never the less. Given that both players were in helmets with visors, there was very slight chance for injury. This was probably a consideration for such a light suspension. Still stupid but do the crime, and you get to do the time.

Reactions: sbpointer

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
should be a good game tonight. Potential 1st round match up?

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The Guelph play by play announcers are a bunch of whiners.

Reactions: sbpointer

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Whats the knights record for 20 goal scores....they have outside shot at 9 this year.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
W
Whats the knights record for 20 goal scores....they have outside shot at 9 this year.
Well, since 97/98 the record is 8 in 13/14

Tierney (40)
Smith (37, split between OS & London)
Domi (34)
M Rupert (33)
Horvat (30)
Anderson (27)
Welychka (22)
R Rupert (21)
Zadorov also had 11 in 36 games.

The 19/20 team had an outside shot of tying this if the season wasn't cut short

McMichael (47)
Gruden (30)
Foudy (28)
Regula (27)
Evangelista (23)
Willms (22, split between Barrie & London)
Stranges (19)
Guskov (16)

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Gazizov putting on a show... Caps off the hattrick with a between the legs goal, filthy. Lawrence with a nice goal, picked the pocket of Jencken in front of the net and slid the puck past day. Cowan just added to the lead. 19 game point streak.
Colton Pitre left the game.

Reactions: LDN and sbpointer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad