London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
They've fought for every inch of the ice and came out with the 4-3 win over Guelph

Great weekend of hockey

Extremely sadden with the Logan Hunter news, Rest in Peace young man
What I remember the most about Logan is how many times was he sent to the front of the net on PPs, and how many big goalie slashes did he had to endures. He was the example of a team-man, man of all hats, even accepted a trade for the team

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
They've fought for every inch of the ice and came out with the 4-3 win over Guelph

Great weekend of hockey

Extremely sadden with the Logan Hunter news, Rest in Peace young man
What I remember the most about Logan is how many times was he sent to the front of the net on PPs, and how many big goalie slashes did he had to endures. He was the example of a team-man, man of all hats, even accepted a trade for the team
Definitely a net front guy or whatever they call it now on the PP. Good old farm guy and Hydro One worker. Epitome of the Hunter work ethic. Rest in peace, Logan.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A new Sport Centre, not only does it attract, but also brings in more fan comforts for Junior games. It is also economically beneficial for the community from other attractions coming into town, it would pay for itself on the very short term. There is no need to laugh, Owen Sound can still keep it's small Identity while still have major city attractions in town and it's surrounding
Owen Sound has lost many of its manufacting jobs. It's taxes are some of the highest in the province.

The population is around 22,000. Mostly retirees. The team draws fans from all across Grey Bruce to make it work .

Not sure what 'comforts' could/ would attract a larger audience ?

The seats are fairly comfy, 3 VIP sections 2" wider than standard, and more legroom than any other rink I've been to in the OHL. ( I'm only missing SSM and Brantford .)

There's enough concessions/ bars to serve a full building .

Most regulars probably know at least 20 people at every game, some many more . The intermission 'entertainment ' is mostly socializing with friends along the mezzanine.

Yes the rink is missing flash pots, dancing girls, on-ice contests at intermission. Our owners sit amongst the fans , and attend games like everyone else. There is no 'us and them '.

It's old, not fancy, and quirky. Every gold plaque on a seat represents someone who put up their own money to save the team , so we feel a degree of ownership.

I hope this helps explain our attraction to the Bayshore

Last edited:

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Owen Sound has lost many of its manufacting jobs. It's taxes are some of the highest in the province.

The population is around 22,000. Mostly retirees. The team draws fans from all across Grey Bruce to make it work .

The seats are fairly comfy, 3 VIP sections 2" wider than standard, and more legroom than any other rink I've been to in the OHL. ( I'm only missing SSM and Brantford .)

Most regulars probably know at least 20 people at every game, some many more . The intermission 'entertainment ' is mostly socializing with friends along the mezzanine.

Yes the rink is missing flash pots, dancing girls, on-ice contests at intermission. Our owners sit amongst the fans , and attend games like everyone else. There is no 'us and them '.

It's old, not fancy, and quirky. Every gold plaque on a seat represents someone who put up their own money to save the team , so we feel a degree of ownership.

It sure does. And thanks for that.
However, it's unfortunate that it's such a run-down 'barn'.
Old just doesn't cut it in today OHL business climate. Not only that, but what I saw yesterday was very concerning:
A door that would not stay shut that could easily have caused an injury. That and the horrible ice surface.
Hopefully these issues will be rectified in the offseason.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Such a selfish thing to do. Take the guys number and square off later
Or punch him in the face or ANYTHING ELSE. What does a headbutt do besides get you suspended... does it hurt you or the player you hit .... NO....just gets you suspended.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Logan Hunter has passed away

Awful....just awful. Poor family....so young. I was thinking of him when MCcue grabbed the stick from the attack player and tossed it down the ice. I remember Logan grabbing the stick from an opposing player and trying his best to break it with his skate. He was a character. My thoughts go out the the entire Hunter family and friends.

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

You have missed the point, but, I do understand where you're coming from. I wasn't talking in my post of seating comforts, but more of the theatrical atmospheric of a new sporting avenue. That was before I learned of the town economic hardship it's going through at the moment. Cheers !

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

Well said. Point taken.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Section 111

Makes me want to move there....and I'm no being facetious.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
For all of us that complain about Sloane and Doyle, I dare you to listen to the constant whining and eardrum-puncturig screeches of ths Guelph announcers.
I'll take Sloane and Doyle any day over these two.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
For all of us that complain about Sloane and Doyle, I dare you to listen to the constant whining and eardrum-puncturig screeches of ths Guelph announcers.
I'll take Sloane and Doyle any day over these two.
My issue with Sloan and Doyle isn’t comparing them to the other announcers in the league. They’re all amateurs and not exactly raking in millions to do it. You’re going to get some good and some bad.
My problem is that we have one of the best to do it on the radio in Mike Stubbs and the drop off to almost any other play by play guy in the O is drastic. I would love them option to have him on the video feed, without the hassle of syncing my radio and TV. Wish I could just hit the SAP button and there he was.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
The loss of Logan Hunter really sucks and kind of puts things in perspective. Here we sit on one phones,laptops or PC’s and complain about old buildings, piss poor announcers and referees . We question our management group and some of our players. At the end of the day none of that shit really matters when we lose someone as young as Logan and Abby. RIP Logan you were a great kid when I got to meet you and cheer for you. You made your family and your fans proud. Say hi to Dick for me please. Hockey heaven has a place reserved for you as well.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

We have gone to a few games in the Bayshore. Great atmosphere. We actually go there to watch hockey. It's amazing that a small city like Owen Sound has a franchise and has supported it so long. The Bayshore is fine for a small center like Owen Sound. Most fans there are real hockey fans. There for the hockey not playing with their cell phones and talking about shopping and never looking at the ice surface once during the game. Like all towns and cities Owen Sound has it's warts but it's a beautiful area. I am sure the players love the place.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
We have gone to a few games in the Bayshore. Great atmosphere. We actually go there to watch hockey. It's amazing that a small city like Owen Sound has a franchise and has supported it so long. The Bayshore is fine for a small center like Owen Sound. Most fans there are real hockey fans. There for the hockey not playing with their cell phones and talking about shopping and never looking at the ice surface once during the game. Like all towns and cities Owen Sound has it's warts but it's a beautiful area. I am sure the players love the place.
I am friends with the Stuthers family and Mattie loved it there both times he was there. I talked with Joey Hishon’s dad at drag races and he loved it there too! I know Mike D’Orazio liked it but wanted to play in London for Mark and Dale.

Reactions: Millpond and bobber

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018

I would say you're quite lucky to have a quieter intermission so that you can actually talk with the people around you. Bud Gardens is a constant cacophony of blaring ads and nonsensical time fillers..

Reactions: Millpond

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I am friends with the Stuthers family and Mattie loved it there both times he was there. I talked with Joey Hishon’s dad at drag races and he loved it there too! I know Mike D’Orazio liked it but wanted to play in London for Mark and Dale.
I moved here from Guelph in '85.

Love the place and the people .

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Awful....just awful. Poor family....so young. I was thinking of him when MCcue grabbed the stick from the attack player and tossed it down the ice. I remember Logan grabbing the stick from an opposing player and trying his best to break it with his skate. He was a character. My thoughts go out the the entire Hunter family and friends.
This is indeed a sad day in the hockey community at large, and the London Knights family.

A young man taken far too young and a family left to pick up the pieces .

My sincere condolences to Logan's wife and children , as well as the entire Hunter clan .

This will certainly be a challenging time for them .

So sad .

Reactions: Hendy

Knights4ever

Jan 3, 2024
Such a selfish thing to do. Take the guys number and square off later
Jackson Edward does play with an edge that Dale likes. But that being said his undisciplined actions continuously put the Knights behind the 8 ball. I am a Knights fan but I hope he gets 5 games, maybe he will learn or not. If he doesn't not sure hockey at the next level is in his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad