London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Nothing to do with Simpson and his record or one or two errors on his part, it's the Moose Jaw type of team that this whole Knights team have problems playing against. Like the Soo's team, London have difficulties against speed, London have speed of their own, but as soon as they meet a team matching them, speed wise, they are no longer the same team. Sitting down the faster skaters Nicholl and Van Gorp, didn't help either. Imagine the effect it has on players playing the game at full speed, and all of sodden one or two players from your opposition passes you to the puck, how demoralizing it must be. I don't mean giving the 4th line a regular shift, but fit them in on other lines for 2 or 3 short shifts per period, meanwhile giving your regulars on the line extra rest at different time of the game

This tourney seems to follow as I expected, Quebec has not won yet and, while Moose Jaw made games out of both of their losses, I think tomorrow's game will determine who will win the M cup. In a one game series, it's not just about the strength, skill and talents or the team system, in one game series the mind game can take hold of that game, the weakest team can beat your strongest team, if not properly prepared

MJ top line could all be in the NHL next season + there top dman .

Reactions: frontsfan67

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
It's real, and it's spectacular View attachment 876601
Nice, I should be coming home to mine tonight.
IMG_0431.jpeg

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Very strong game from the draft eligible O’Reilly and Dickinson. Still confused about goals 3 and 4 for Moose Jaw actually happening but that’s life. Not London’s best game but you take wins here and move on.

Line four did not play a shift - to answer @dmead question. I think I’m on his ignore list anyway but Nicholl, Boulton, Van Gorp and Woolley did not play a shift from what I saw.
Line 4 was actually out in the first period. The announcers even made a comment about how maybe they might see more ice given they had a good last shift vs Drummondville.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I'm a little confused? Are we talking NHL hall of fame or is there one for the OHL? I don't really follow the Hockey hall of fame so do they allow other leagues in as well?
To my knowledge there isn't an "NHL Hall of Fame " just a hockey hall of fame that has players and artifacts from leagues around the world.

Tournament is not over yet lol
The previous 8 are though

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Congrats to our guys, optically not the prettiest W but 2 down 2 more to go. Simpson struggled a bit for sure and typically he bounces back with a strong game after a "meh" one so against Saginaw with a direct route to the final this would be ideal! MJ hung in there for sure but more because we let them then because of there skill. If we were to play MJ in a best of 7 it would be over in 5? IMO anyway ..... next up Saginaw I feel like we will come out strong and build a solid lead by the 1/2 way point. GO KNIGHTS GO ....

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
TSN not doing their homework. In this clip they are talking about Cowan being "demoted" to 2nd line. If anybody watches Hunter coach, he doesn't really have lines (except maybe the 4th line) and players move around constantly.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
TSN not doing their homework. In this clip they are talking about Cowan being "demoted" to 2nd line. If anybody watches Hunter coach, he doesn't really have lines (except maybe the 4th line) and players move around constantly.

They have also said 2 times on 2 different broadcasts that the Knights are 4 time OHL Champs, 2005, 2013, 2016 and 2024. They forgot that the Knights also won it in 2012 lol

Reactions: nelli27

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
MJ top line could all be in the NHL next season + there top dman .
Of course, they could be in NHL next year, and that is where it ends with them, the remainders on Moose Jaw team won't be, and that is where lays the problem for them. Drummondville have more elites on their team, and yet they are weaker than Moose Jaw, simply because they have played in a weaker league this year, their adversity was not as great as that of Moose Jaw or even more so the OHL western conference.

If Drummondville wins tonight, it'll be on their emotional game, that is how Quebec juniors play their games, with a lot of emotions, when things go well it goes really well, but when things starts to go bad it goes terrible bad for them as well. That kind of games works well on short series or one game takes all, it is also why Quebec have been successful in their M cup adventures of late. Dale likes his players to keep the low profiles, don't get too high and don't get too low, it's the professional approach, and that worked fairly well for him as well, his players must buy into it for it to work. Cheers

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Sawyer Boulton has been suspended for Wednesdays game vs Saginaw and the team has been fined $1000. Boulton I guess made contact with a player from MooseJaw while they were leaving the ice after warmups.

Reactions: LDN

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
SAGINAW, MI - The Memorial Cup Games Committee today announced that the London Knights have been fined $1,000 and player Sawyer Boulton has been suspended for one game for a pregame warmup violation against the Moose Jaw Warriors on May 27, 2024.

Boulton made unnecessary contact with a Moose Jaw player while exiting the ice following the completion of the warm-up.

The suspension will be served on May 29, 2024, during London's game against the Saginaw Spirit.

Not a big loss, sub in R. Boulton. Anyone see this or have video. Was it suspension worthy?

Reactions: LDN

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Do we see Ryder suit up tomorrow? Sawyer suspended for a game. 🙄

Attachments

• boulton.png
    boulton.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 4

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Not sure why the fine, obviously they don't like london. Haha makes the saying london vs everyone that much more true

BThumme

Oct 2, 2023
SAGINAW, MI - The Memorial Cup Games Committee today announced that the London Knights have been fined $1,000 and player Sawyer Boulton has been suspended for one game for a pregame warmup violation against the Moose Jaw Warriors on May 27, 2024.

Boulton made unnecessary contact with a Moose Jaw player while exiting the ice following the completion of the warm-up.

The suspension will be served on May 29, 2024, during London's game against the Saginaw Spirit.

Not a big loss, sub in R. Boulton. Anyone see this or have video. Was it suspension worthy?

I saw it. My seats are right above the entrance/exit.

Didn’t realize it was Boulton.

Suspension worthy? It’s hard to say - I’m not sure if it’s a no tolerance thing or not. Both London and Moose Jaw exit out of the same corner and there was a fair bit of contact made. Refs quickly had to get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad