London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Simpson had a rough night…imo.

Sloppy with the puck, struggled even dumping it in at times. We got the brakes, it was a razor thin win margin.

They will need to play better.
I think Simpson will be cheering hard for Drummondville tomorrow.
He has not played well against WHL teams.
Coming into tonight he had a 4.80 GAA and an .882 SAV and a record of 1-3 with the win coming in OT and is the only Non WHL goalie to lose to a WHL team since 2014.
Against the Q he has a 1.00 GAA and .965 SAV.

horner

May 22, 2007
5-4 win over Moose Jaw

This game was not their best team effort. Dale will need to play his fourth line more and fit in once awhile, his extra defenders

Next game Saginaw, played like they did tonight they will lose that game
They haven't played there best game yet.
Relying on Simpson to much.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I was at the game and sitting in the end the Knights shot twice.

In the first intermission the Zamboni missed a strip in front of the net and the ice crew tried to fix it by just moving water into the area. I knew it was going to cause problems with pucks and sure enough it did. That is unacceptable ice maintenance in the Memorial Cup. They also missed a large strip in the face off circle.

It was funny to hear Saginaw fans cheering for Moose Jaw and then the Knights winning again. Shut them up pretty quick. I hope the Knights pound Saginaw tomorrow night.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Was just looking at tickets for the final. Almost pullled the trigger.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
5-4 win over Moose Jaw

This game was not their best team effort. Dale will need to play his fourth line more and fit in once awhile, his extra defenders

Next game Saginaw, played like they did tonight they will lose that game
The 4th line will see very little ice time the rest of the way unless the next game against Saginaw gets out of hand. Dale will be shortening his bench to get directly to the final. After that it's all elimination games.

I thought London got away with one last night. One of their more lackluster efforts but it turned out to be just enough. The tournament is theirs if they play to their potential.

horner

May 22, 2007
The 4th line will see very little ice time the rest of the way unless the next game against Saginaw gets out of hand. Dale will be shortening his bench to get directly to the final. After that it's all elimination games.

I thought London got away with one last night. One of their more lackluster efforts but it turned out to be just enough. The tournament is theirs if they play to their potential.
Misa woke up for Saginaw last game.
Hopully this isn't his coming out party.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Coming into tonight he had a 4.80 GAA and an .882 SAV and a record of 1-3 with the win coming in OT and is the only Non WHL goalie to lose to a WHL team since 2014.
Nothing to do with Simpson and his record or one or two errors on his part, it's the Moose Jaw type of team that this whole Knights team have problems playing against. Like the Soo's team, London have difficulties against speed, London have speed of their own, but as soon as they meet a team matching them, speed wise, they are no longer the same team. Sitting down the faster skaters Nicholl and Van Gorp, didn't help either. Imagine the effect it has on players playing the game at full speed, and all of sodden one or two players from your opposition passes you to the puck, how demoralizing it must be. I don't mean giving the 4th line a regular shift, but fit them in on other lines for 2 or 3 short shifts per period, meanwhile giving your regulars on the line extra rest at different time of the game

This tourney seems to follow as I expected, Quebec has not won yet and, while Moose Jaw made games out of both of their losses, I think tomorrow's game will determine who will win the M cup. In a one game series, it's not just about the strength, skill and talents or the team system, in one game series the mind game can take hold of that game, the weakest team can beat your strongest team, if not properly prepared

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Very strong game from the draft eligible O’Reilly and Dickinson. Still confused about goals 3 and 4 for Moose Jaw actually happening but that’s life. Not London’s best game but you take wins here and move on.

Line four did not play a shift - to answer @dmead question. I think I’m on his ignore list anyway but Nicholl, Boulton, Van Gorp and Woolley did not play a shift from what I saw.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
And what about London third goal by O'Reilly, that has to be the prettiest goal of the tourney so far, he's not only showing some skills, but some great confidence as well.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Very strong game from the draft eligible O’Reilly and Dickinson. Still confused about goals 3 and 4 for Moose Jaw actually happening but that’s life. Not London’s best game but you take wins here and move on.

Line four did not play a shift - to answer @dmead question. I think I’m on his ignore list anyway but Nicholl, Boulton, Van Gorp and Woolley did not play a shift from what I saw.
Nicholl, Woolley, Brzustewicz and Van Gorp all played one shift in mid first period, right after that shift London started to pick up their game and scoring goals, I do believe Nicholl came back on the ice one more time in the third around the 7-8 minute mark, I don't know for how long thought.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

At one point I saw Nicholl stand up on the bench and I read his name and didn’t remember ever seeing him on the ice up until that point and this was in the 3rd.

Boulton did get at least one shift because the London fan behind me said “oh boy he’s about to do something dumb” 😭. That was when the game started getting chippy in the 2nd

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Furthermore, what is up with the WHL? I guess they had a decent showing at last year’s Cup but they still got blasted in the final. That’s with half the tourney being WHL teams as well.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022

Have they played a shift in the tournament

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Furthermore, what is up with the WHL? I guess they had a decent showing at last year’s Cup but they still got blasted in the final. That’s with half the tourney being WHL teams as well.
If I'm not mistaken a team from the WHL hasn't won the Memorial Cup since 2014

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
If I'm not mistaken a team from the WHL hasn't won the Memorial Cup since 2014
Up until last year they hadn't even won a game except against the other WHL teams where obviously one of them had to win and that's with having 2 teams in the tournament twice!

Reactions: Otto

knightfan

Nov 10, 2021
I'm just speculating but the way Cowan is skating (slightly hunched?) Is it possible he's nursing a couple of broken ribs .. from Edward's shot ?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
It's real, and it's spectacular
20240528_101359.jpg

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Tournament is not over yet lol
Absolutely not, Until 10:30 tonight (possibly later) I don't think there is a team in the tournament that couldn't still end up winning the whole thing. Moose Jaw lost 2 games 5-4, Drummondville has been right in both games they played, the 4-0 loss to London was not indicative of the play on the ice.
My last 2 comments have just been odd stats from the last few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad