London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dino200022

yes, Halttunen will play in the ahl this year, not sure why anyone thought he would be back?
A few threads ago everyone in here said I was a fool for thinking Halts or Nurmi would be making the Pro ranks and was guaranteeing me they would be back. Too funny seeing all the fickle folks jump on all these wagons to just get off on the next stop. Lets all calm down and enjoy our summer, us speculating does not make the team better. We pay to watch kids play hockey, they don't pay us to over analyze and be "insiders".

Reactions: Knightsfan90

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Very surprised London would not allow fans to watch the 6 intrasquad games not a good look.
Thankfully Windsor fans can see all 6 of their intrasquad games.
No team should do what London is doing screws the fans imo.
I don’t know. I think having the fanbase watch them get swept by an 8 seed would be screwing them worse.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
A few threads ago everyone in here said I was a fool for thinking Halts or Nurmi would be making the Pro ranks and was guaranteeing me they would be back. Too funny seeing all the fickle folks jump on all these wagons to just get off on the next stop. Let’s all calm down and enjoy our summer, us speculating does not make the team better. We pay to watch kids play hockey, they don't pay us to over analyze and be "insiders".
I think k most fans post like fans thru are emotional and try to find reasons why good players will stay with there teams.

Next summer after Dickinson wins defend man of the year they will spend the summer saying how he’s not ready and not good enough etc. happens to every team every summer

I don’t know. I think having the fanbase watch them get swept by an 8 seed would be screwing them worse.
😆

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

I think k most fans post like fans thru are emotional and try to find reasons why good players will stay with there teams.

Next summer after Dickinson wins defend man of the year they will spend the summer saying how he’s not ready and not good enough etc. happens to every team every summer

😆
Oh absolutely, but after watching most of the Sharks rookie camp it was pretty clear that they were going to give Haltunnen every chance to succeed this year. The fact that he was on Celebrini's wing for a bunch of camp should make you think hmmm I think they might like him a little bit...

Reactions: LDN and tjziel

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Very surprised London would not allow fans to watch the 6 intrasquad games not a good look.
Thankfully Windsor fans can see all 6 of their intrasquad games.
No team should do what London is doing screws the fans imo.

Very surprised with the Spits lol. No organization should do what Windsor has done the past 13 years and ice a team over n over that only won a PO series in only one year.
It screws the fans lol. Enjoy the Spits games n be sure to let us know of all the great things the Spits org has done this year lol.

yes, Halttunen will play in the ahl this year, not sure why anyone thought he would be back?
Agreed, this was obvious 1/2 way thru the season if not earlier

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
there are very few overage imports period

its not about his production, its that he caries both import and overage tags.
I could very well be wrong, but I don't believe Mark is seeing it the same way as we,the fans are. If someone as talented as Gazizov is available to his hockey club comes falls, he'll want him. Mark has always been about helping his hockey club first, he'll keep him in his lineup or trade him to keep the future of his team competitive. Cheers !

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This team have got to find a way to not fall flat in their last game take-all game of the year. I am referring of playing important one game finals (Shawinigan 2012 after a long rest - Almost losing to Rouyn-Noranda after a big 4 day rest - losing to Guelph after leading 3 games to none of 2019 series, especially game 4 and/or 5 - and this past spring losing to Saginaw also after a long rest in that one last game final take-all). I am not about winning every game and series, I am about not giving their all in an one game take-all finals. Somehow, this team needs to find a way to improve on not falling flat on their last game of the year performance, especially after having 4 or 5 days' rest while their opponent are fighting it out to reach that final game. Cheers!

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
This team have got to find a way to not fall flat in their last game take-all game of the year. I am referring of playing important one game finals (Shawinigan 2012 after a long rest - Almost losing to Rouyn-Noranda after a big 4 day rest - losing to Guelph after leading 3 games to none of 2019 series, especially game 4 and/or 5 - and this past spring losing to Saginaw also after a long rest in that one last game final take-all). I am not about winning every game and series, I am about not giving their all in a one game take-all finals. Somehow, this team needs to find a way to improve on not falling flat on their last game of the year performance, especially after having 4 or 5 days' rest while their opponent are fighting it out to reach that final game. Cheers!
If we are blessed, fortunate and lucky enough to get there. The boys will not let it slip away

Reactions: Fastpace

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
I could very well be wrong, but I don't believe Mark is seeing it the same way as we,the fans are. If someone as talented as Gazizov is available to his hockey club comes falls, he'll want him. Mark has always been about helping his hockey club first, he'll keep him in his lineup or trade him to keep the future of his team competitive. Cheers !
The answer to this question lies in the futures of Julian, Sim, Boulton, George (almost 100% gone I'm sure), Leonard, and Willmore.

As an outsider Julian and Sim are more valuable for sure not taking up 2 spots, and Leonard possibly as well.

All hangs on how the Hunters feel on the goaltending front and the opportunity cost of not signing another import and having a "free" in house other OA.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Dang, after the Tristan Bertucci trade, I was hoping Flint would realize their fate and be sellers. We could use a goalie like Nathan Day, Unfortuntely, we would have to part with either Medvedev or Wilson, but I don't think Flint is selling either way.

Lets hope that Finn WIson or Alexis Medvedev are ready to take the mantle and push Willmore into a backup role.
Why are you wanting Willmore pushed into a backup role?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I think the goalie situation for the Knights is gonna be like Andrew Oke and Nolan Lalonde or more accurately Anthony Stolarz and Jacob Patterson in 2013

It’s gonna be a 1A and 1B goalie tandem this year. We have always been so spoiled in having elite goalies that it’s gonna be weird to have to feel in out in that department.

Every once in awhile, you get a Brett Brochu but not that often. I like Willmore’s experience but he’s not proven, and that’s the selfishness. If it wasn’t for the elite goaltending we got the last two years in the playoffs, either year we don’t make it to the Finals.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think the goalie situation for the Knights is gonna be like Andrew Oke and Nolan Lalonde or more accurately Anthony Stolarz and Jacob Patterson in 2013

It’s gonna be a 1A and 1B goalie tandem this year. We have always been so spoiled in having elite goalies that it’s gonna be weird to have to feel in out in that department.

Every once in awhile, you get a Brett Brochu but not that often. I like Willmore’s experience but he’s not proven, and that’s the selfishness. If it wasn’t for the elite goaltending we got the last two years in the playoffs, either year we don’t make it to the Finals.
Sooo who is available?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

You can't become proven until you're given a chance to prove yourself.

At certain points in their OHL careers Brochu wasn't proven, Parsons, wasn't proven, Adam Dennis, wasnt proven. Gene wasn't proven. etc etc etc.

Reactions: Slowpace and LDN

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
You can't become proven until you're given a chance to prove yourself.

At certain points in their OHL careers Brochu wasn't proven, Parsons, wasn't proven, Adam Dennis, wasnt proven. Gene wasn't proven. etc etc etc.
The issue is and the point I’m trying to make is, those guys were all starters before the Knights went into a Championship season. Willmore is not a proven stater yet.

Reactions: frontsfan67

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
The issue is and the point I’m trying to make is, those guys were all starters before the Knights went into a Championship season. Willmore is not a proven stater yet.
Willmore has not even had the chance to go after that position. When he's had to step up and fill in he has done fantastic.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I haven't seen this posted here yet, but I recently saw this picture of the new scoreboard. Can't wait to see it in person!

456916376_10169650646380554_7943303352053098359_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad