London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Why announce the training camp games, teams and times and then make them closed to the public?
They could've just said training camp is running from day x to day y and then said there will be an open scrimmage on Saturday that's open to the public.
I agree. Someone should try on Thursday and see what they say

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Gleb Semenov has officially signed. Thus now puts in the reality that Halttunen will very likely not be back.

But welcome to London Gleb.

Does this mean haltunnen not coming back?
View attachment 902572
Very likely, but if he somehow does get sent back, I could see Semenov traded to Niagara or Kitchener.

Or can someone confirm? In order to sign Semenov, did we have to release Halttunen’s rights?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Gleb Semenov has officially signed. Thus now puts in the reality that Halttunen will very likely not be back.

Very likely, but if he somehow does get sent back, I could see Semenov traded to Niagara or Kitchener.

Or can someone confirm? In order to sign Semenov, did we have to release Halttunen’s rights?
I think he would have to be waived because a team cannot trade an import until after the holidays in their first year.

Reactions: tjziel

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

london would be able to keep halttunens rights as hes signed and not in the chl. once hes sent back you would have to waive gleb, or trade halttunens. if he was sent back in december, you could trade gleb in and around jan 1.

that said, halttunen aint coming back, he never was.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Maybe swap out Gleb for Sale (if he’s returned) at the deadline if/when you guys are all in this year?

Then just go back to the import draft well next summer.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014

You can trade him or release him. OHL teams can carry 3 imports to start the season

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Maybe swap out Gleb for Sale (if he’s returned) at the deadline if/when you guys are all in this year?

Then just go back to the import draft well next summer.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. I have my eye on Eduard Sale and Gleb Semenov would fit the Kitchner timeline. So do a swap…

Also means we wouldn’t have to deal a crazy amount of draft picks like the Rangers did to get him, and just trade a couple picks and Semenov.

As much as I would like that, not sure Mark has the same vision as I do, cuz he’s smart to look at the future and realize we need to be competitive next year as well.

Reactions: LDN

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
yes, Halttunen will play in the ahl this year, not sure why anyone thought he would be back?
Thought for sure of all the big 4 (bonk, Cowan, Dickinson, haltunnen) halts was the least likely one back for sure because he was drafted before coming to London and had a good start to the year but an even better finish.

Reactions: LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
That’s exactly what I was thinking. I have my eye on Eduard Sale and Gleb Semenov would fit the Kitchner timeline. So do a swap…

Also means we wouldn’t have to deal a crazy amount of draft picks like the Rangers did to get him, and just trade a couple picks and Semenov.

As much as I would like that, not sure Mark has the same vision as I do, cuz he’s smart to look at the future and realize we need to be competitive next year as well.
I just threw the idea out there off the cuff. But, it would make sense for both sides. As you said, it’s Kitchener’s timeline. And, even though Sale and Nurmi both graduate after this year, Mark just goes back to the well again next year making two picks instead of one.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Yes, and there is that. But, if aplayer produces enough, and is surrounded by enough Hunter type players, you put up with one skill first player. They’ve done so in the past.
Yup - even Halttunen wasn’t a Hunter type player but he adjusted to the system and worked on the other parts of the game under Hunter.

Reactions: RB76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad