London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
For Those of you wanting more info on the players. The only free agent that stands out to me is Grant Mcgee, 6'5" RD from Ohio.
white.PNG
green.PNG
black.PNG
gold.PNG

Reactions: LDN

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Crazy how many players. Kitchener had enough for 2 teams. London is basically double the count of players.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Interesting quote from Mark Hunter….

Q: There are two import spots and four possibilities at the moment. Where does that stand heading into camp?

A: “You just don’t know. We think Kasper Halttunen is coming back (from the Sharks for a second OHL season), but it’s out of our hands. So, we better have another plan for somebody else as a European in that spot. We have (fellow Finn and New York Islanders prospect) Jesse Nurmi here now. The young Russian (17-year-old centre Gleb Semenov), we’re trying to get a visa for him. We signed him and it’s all good. Ruslan Gazizov is another guy in the mix. He’s coming to our camp (as an over-age winger with the potential to play a fourth season in London).

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
What about Isaac Truman 14th rounder played US HS prep so might be looking the college route?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I would expect to see Nicholl, Van Gorp and Boulton take a real step forward here. Also Johnstons job is probably on the line so he needs a good camp. Do we expect Cover or Halloran to impress enough to get a camp invite?

O’Reilly should take an offensive step and become one of the go to guys

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
The more I think about it. I think Julien and SIM are OA locks

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Interesting quote from Mark Hunter….

Q: There are two import spots and four possibilities at the moment. Where does that stand heading into camp?

A: “You just don’t know. We think Kasper Halttunen is coming back (from the Sharks for a second OHL season), but it’s out of our hands. So, we better have another plan for somebody else as a European in that spot. We have (fellow Finn and New York Islanders prospect) Jesse Nurmi here now. The young Russian (17-year-old centre Gleb Semenov), we’re trying to get a visa for him. We signed him and it’s all good. Ruslan Gazizov is another guy in the mix. He’s coming to our camp (as an over-age winger with the potential to play a fourth season in London).
So nothing we ddont already know. Standard, wait and see. Feel bad for Ruslan. Kid played his balls off last season, literally. 😲

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So nothing we ddont already know. Standard, wait and see. Feel bad for Ruslan. Kid played his balls off last season, literally. 😲
Ruslan will be given a chance I’d say if it makes sense

Reactions: zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Well it was said by OHL4Life that Mark is not expecting Halttunen back, which is he is so that solidifies that he thinks Halttunen will be back.

If he comes back, great. If not, then we have Plan B.

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cover is one of those super untapped potential guys. Under 5 years playing. He’s like a Pascal Siakim type (for those raptors fans out there) lol

Need to come up with a cool nickname for him like undercover cop or detective

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Judging by what others are saying about cover, hopefully london signs him. Still not sure if cowan comes back. Maybe after world juniors?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Judging by what others are saying about cover, hopefully london signs him. Still not sure if cowan comes back. Maybe after world juniors?
Hard to know about Cowan. I’d say the Leafs will for sure send him to WJC. After that who knows. If he makes it, as Mark said it’s because he earned it

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Top goalie on the market. Price was too high. Good job Mark. See what else is out there and see what the 3 we got here now can do before pulling the trigger

Reactions: sbpointer

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Top goalie on the market. Price was too high. Good job Mark. See what else is out there and see what the 3 we got here now can do before pulling the trigger
As I’ve mentioned multiple times- Liam Sztuska has to be the guy you go after. And I saw today on one of the other threads that Sztuska to London is a legit rumour lol. Way up marks alley for price and value.

Reactions: Knights77 and LDN

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
There is no way London would cough up anything like that return for a goalie, they are usually a dime a dozen with some exceptions.

Remember we got Micheal Simpson for Bowen and a 3rd.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

A trade that @LDN is happy didn't happen?!? What a day...
I think I saw a pig fly by my window too :naughty:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
I think ideally the Knights would hope Haltanen comes back and there's a chance. It'll depend on what San Jose and their AHL affiliate decide. Truthfully, I feel he has room to grow more in London, specifically his skating and speed of play.

in the ideal world, it's Haltanen and Nurmi. But Gazizov has earned a chance. Unfortunately he carries the OA tag too and there's already a log jam.

Semenov is plan C if they lose two of Haltanen, Nurmi and Gazizov.

Certainly an interesting situation. Much of it is out of London's hands.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I don't care what the interview said, I'll wager anything the Knights brass are planning not to have Halts this season and if it happens it's an unexpected bonus.
Have thought he is gone since Jan and the reasoning only got stronger thru the 2nd half n POs.
If I'm his NHL club I'm left wondering how does he take a step forward in the CHL? He came in a a skilled player n got better n better as the year went on. JMO he needs now the next challenge of the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad