London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
ok, if you don’t think he’s back that’s fine, generally don’t post anything unless I know,
So….take that as you will.

I’m not 100 percent on this, but it’s close

If returned, its a big asset, wether in a Knights uni or moved.
Import/OA spot on Gaz? Guess the thought or option depends on Haltenun coming back which I don't see.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If returned, its a big asset, wether in a Knights uni or moved.
Import/OA spot on Gaz? Guess the thought or option depends on Haltenun coming back which I don't see.
I talked to a gm tonight who was told London will soon have 3 imports and need to move 1. I do t see him being worth a lot because he’s an import/overage but we’ll see.

It’s the first I’ve heard it so we’ll see

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I talked to a gm tonight who was told London will soon have 3 imports and need to move 1. I do t see him being worth a lot because he’s an import/overage but we’ll see.

If true, the other 2 must be suiting up and I'd run with Halts for sure, over Gaz. I don't know the other player other than player profiles (Nurmi.. not much I'd lean on for making a judgement ) but probly can only trade Gaz n not Nurmi.
Anything back with a quality body to back fill Gaz is a bonus. If ya cant back fill n replace Gaz or close to it.......then it's time to think if you can carry the 2 designations on 1 body.
Or maybe it's better to flip another OA if ya only got 1 solid import outside Gaz.....cause ya get more for an Edward, Sim....
I trust Mark will manage the asset(s) but might get stuck here with teams knowing he's gotta move an OA or 2 n maybe an import.
Just fo what's right for the kids n it'll work out.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

I could see a trade that works out well for both teams. First off, they would need to get rid of 3 OA's before this could work, but North Bay could be a good team for Gazizov if we get Halttunen back. I am pretty positive Nurmi will be here.

Mark will try to do right by his players to put them in a good position, and if NB could move out their other OA players like Cooke and the Leblanc's, Gazizov would do well on a line as a Gazizov - Wakely - Romani line.

I would anticipate they would keep Wakely and VanSteensel and Gazizov so maybe then they could trade us the rights to Dom DiVincentiis?? If he shows up - great! If not, then a conditional pick turns into a 2nd or 3rd round pick for the Knights.

The other players for Gazizov should be Erie and Barrie.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I could see a trade that works out well for both teams. First off, they would need to get rid of 3 OA's before this could work, but North Bay could be a good team for Gazizov if we get Halttunen back. I am pretty positive Nurmi will be here.

Mark will try to do right by his players to put them in a good position, and if NB could move out their other OA players like Cooke and the Leblanc's, Gazizov would do well on a line as a Gazizov - Wakely - Romani line.

I would anticipate they would keep Wakely and VanSteensel and Gazizov so maybe then they could trade us the rights to Dom DiVincentiis?? If he shows up - great! If not, then a conditional pick turns into a 2nd or 3rd round pick for the Knights.

Erie?

They drafted an import goalie.

Rumors are they might get Martin Misiak back, and they have Ondrej Molnar already that they would then need to move if Misiak comes back.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

mark will do what he always does, what’s best for the London knights.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

I said it with Misiak and I'll same the same for Gazizov, I think Saginaw would use the OA/Import on him if they could. Doubt that deal would ever happen though. The universe isn't that funny.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I said it with Misiak and I'll same the same for Gazizov, I think Saginaw would use the OA/Import on him if they could. Doubt that deal would ever happen though. The universe isn't that funny.
he has very little value not because he’s a bad player but because he carries both tags.

hasn’t Saginaw signed two high end imports already?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
he has very little value not because he’s a bad player but because he carries both tags.

hasn’t Saginaw signed two high end imports already?
Just Chernyshov atm. They tried for Petersson but he's staying in Sweden. I suppose they could keep the spot open in case he wants to come over after WJC but I'd rather they get the spot filled sooner rather than later.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Gazizov is probably not an option for NB as they have two ‘06 imports. I also think Cooke has more value to NB than traded, and the most likely of 5-OAs to finish the season in NB.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Just Chernyshov atm. They tried for Petersson but he's staying in Sweden. I suppose they could keep the spot open in case he wants to come over after WJC but I'd rather they get the spot filled sooner rather than later.
d is the highest issue for them anyways

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
why would he want too?
$40k a year and all those sweet, sweet Wichita and Rapid City honeys.

In all seriousness, there’s far worse places to be in life but playing another year in London and/or finding a way into the AHL is probably a better plan. Or heading back to Europe. Can’t imagine playing Pro hockey in Switzerland is a terrible expierience.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
$40k a year and all those sweet, sweet Wichita and Rapid City honeys.

In all seriousness, there’s far worse places to be in life but playing another year in London and/or finding a way into the AHL is probably a better plan. Or heading back to Europe. Can’t imagine playing Pro hockey in Switzerland is a terrible expierience.
thats kind of what im getting at. im sure he could get a deal in a lower level in europe and work his way up, but i get wanting to come back and try to get a higher value ahl deal as a 20 year old. if he was just an overage he'd be great, but the import tag in addtiion limits him.

that said, im sure mark will convince the ice dogs to give up Roobroeck and a few picks for him.

• Haha
Reactions: ZinErie and MJ5

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
4 imports on London pre season roster
i dont think they are expecting halttenen, hes on there the same way poitris was on the guelph roster all year. they are expecting the other three and have been shoping gaz. hard to do as an overage import.

Reactions: LDN

cvandenberg22

Dec 25, 2012
What about Kitchener as a landing spot for
Gazizov or other imports that need to move? Doesnt look like Chrenko will be joining them and Mesar is gone. Sale may have AHL as an option.

Reactions: RB76

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What about Kitchener as a landing spot for
Gazizov or other imports that need to move? Doesnt look like Chrenko will be joining them and Mesar is gone. Sale may have AHL as an option.
The Rangers may be in the market for an import. But not an OA import. As good as Gazizov is, we already have excess OA’s to sort out. And I doubt MM would give up significant assets for a one year import. That would go against his rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad