London Knights 2023-2024 Offseason Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Too early to make predictions haha - a LOT of moves to be made from what I’ve heard
Sure, same could be said in Sept, Oct, Nov, n Dec. and thru mid Feb, but many posters throw their opinions out there as to what will happen before it does including yourself, so why the need for the "haha" It's just a convo.
Maybe I read it wrong.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Sure, same could be said in Sept, Oct, Nov, n Dec. and thru mid Feb, but many posters throw their opinions out there as to what will happen before it does including yourself, so why the need for the "haha" It's just a convo.
Maybe I read it wrong.
Yes you read it wrong. certainly wasn’t meant to piss anyone off. Some teams will be making some moves here before the season starts to be blunt

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Vanacker could return 100% a month prior to the Christmas break, and Brantford could add a goaltender and first pair defenseman prior to the season. Things can change quickly; but Brantford at this time appear to me, more likely to be 4-6 than 1-2 in the eastern conference (season standings).
For sure. But I was just looking at their returning team and the best draft cupboard in the league. I expect them to be heard from at some point.

Reactions: dirty12 and LDN

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
East will be powerful this year

If all return who is the captain? Or shared duties?

It appears that the east could have 3 contenders, and the central should be best top to bottom.
But the mid-west is almost always the best.

Reactions: LDN

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Vanacker could return 100% a month prior to the Christmas break, and Brantford could add a goaltender and first pair defenseman prior to the season. Things can change quickly; but Brantford at this time appear to me, more likely to be 4-6 than 1-2 in the eastern conference (season standings).
I agree. They have so many picks to use and become a huge powerhouse in the league but as of right now (Aug 17) they haven’t used them.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
It appears that the east could have 3 contenders, and the central should be best top to bottom.
But the mid-west is almost always the best.
Midwest will be good. Guelph and Erie should both be solid.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Soba and Allen potentially on the move? Could really add to
The top
4 here

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I agree. They have so many picks to use and become a huge powerhouse in the league but as of right now (Aug 17) they haven’t used them.
Most teams that are loading up for a run at a Championship do not make many of their trades prior to training camp. Most trades happen starting in November until the trade deadline. The only trade the Petes made in August prior to their OHL Championship season was the Connor Lockhart trade. They made most of their trades closer to the trade deadline.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Most teams that are loading up for a run at a Championship do not make many of their trades prior to training camp. Most trades happen starting in November until the trade deadline. The only trade the Petes made in August prior to their OHL Championship season was the Connor Lockhart trade. They made most of their trades closer to the trade deadline.
Petes are not representative of all (most) teams.

GMs trades to improve their respected teams based on positional talents coming back for their team in the falls, and of deal opportunities at which ever time it becomes available. If it is affordable for them to make the improvement, of course. Cheers!

Reactions: Section5Petes

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I know this is a bit of a curve ball (off topic) so to speak BUT somewhat amazing that Dale has only been named “Coach of the Year” once in all the years he has coached in the OHL / CHL? As CHL Coach of the Year that is. Twice as OHL? Now of course expectations of the Knights is always high but over the course of the past few years I would suggest that his teams have exceeded expectations heading into the season? If anything he seems to be getting even better at getting maximum results from his players? A case could be made that both last years (OHL Champions) and even the previous years teams (OHL Runner-up) exceeded where most thought the Knights would finish?

Oh well in London we all know what we have in the Hunters, hopefully once he sits atop the all time wins list the league will have to give him his due! I’m a massive Dale Hunter fan, regardless of his legendary “incident” with Mr. Turgeon. Ridiculous he is not in the HOF as well …..

Reactions: frontsfan67

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Knights dropped some new numbers, also including bidgood, Wilson, and gerber
1000009879.jpg

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I know this is a bit of a curve ball (off topic) so to speak BUT somewhat amazing that Dale has only been named “Coach of the Year” once in all the years he has coached in the OHL / CHL? As CHL Coach of the Year that is. Twice as OHL? Now of course expectations of the Knights is always high but over the course of the past few years I would suggest that his teams have exceeded expectations heading into the season? If anything he seems to be getting even better at getting maximum results from his players? A case could be made that both last years (OHL Champions) and even the previous years teams (OHL Runner-up) exceeded where most thought the Knights would finish?

Oh well in London we all know what we have in the Hunters, hopefully once he sits atop the all time wins list the league will have to give him his due! I’m a massive Dale Hunter fan, regardless of his legendary “incident” with Mr. Turgeon. Ridiculous he is not in the HOF as well …..
As a Patriots fan it's very similar to how Belichick got treated. Everybody knew he was the league's best coach..he always won. Always got the best out of his players, yet somehow he only won 3 times in a 20 year reign of absolute dominance.

U see the logic, but it also diminishes the award at times I feel.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
As a Patriots fan it's very similar to how Belichick got treated. Everybody knew he was the league's best coach..he always won. Always got the best out of his players, yet somehow he only won 3 times in a 20 year reign of absolute dominance.

U see the logic, but it also diminishes the award at times I feel.
Belichicks record since Brady left 29-38.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Awards are highly subjective and mostly meaningless. Developing players and winning is priority one. Dale’s developed and won in several eras so he’s the GOAT. But still annoyed at the terrible final game.

Reactions: Knights77

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
That being said London has to be a favorite this year right?
Obviously still unless they lose literally all 3 of bonk, Cowan, Dickinson, and don’t get a goalie. I don’t think they’re losing all 3 of those guys, may not even lose 1 if they’re really lucky. And I don’t think willmore is a goalie that will win a championship for you guys- nowhere near the level of your past 2 starters- brochu and Simpson so I think you guys definitely upgrade there.

Or you get all 3 of those guys back, and upgrade the goalie- in my opinion you’re by far the team to beat in the west and obviously a top tier contender for the league.

Reactions: wetcoast

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Awards are highly subjective and mostly meaningless. Developing players and winning is priority one. Dale’s developed and won in several eras so he’s the GOAT. But still annoyed at the terrible final game.
Not the goat yet.

Brian kilrea 1193 wins. went until he’s 73 as a coach. Edge to killer

Dale hunter over 900 but is 64- has 9 years to catch him. Only thing is- does he go for 9 more years? I’m sure if he does he will have right around that amount or more.

Both with 2 m cup titles however Dale has 5 ohl titles, and Kilrea 3. Edge to Dale here

Dale with 3 ohl coach of the years and 1 chl coach of the year. kilrea with 5 ohl coach of the year awards and 2 chl coach of the years. Edge to kilrea here

Not sure how to figure out the win percentages but I’d be shocked if killer beat Dale at this.

In my opinion if Dale gets to about 1100 wins or another ohl title we can call him the goat. If he doesn’t then it’s still kilrea. And the ohl title part could happen at the end of this year.

Dale then retires at 65 as the goat chl coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad