Sony PS5 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The reason i still buy consoles is because i still like to own physical media to actually own my games whenever possible. I know we are heading to an all digital future so i am just enjoying the ride while i can.
I just gave all my ps4 games to a relative the other day. Sad that that’s the last time it will ever be possible.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The funniest aspect of Concord is that besides Sony getting a huge loss, IGN rated it a 7/10 and I guarantee a large chunk of that rating is because of the game's identity politics. What a fall of grace IGN has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The funniest aspect of Concord is that besides Sony getting a huge loss, IGN rated it a 7/10 and I guarantee a large chunk of that rating is because of the game's identity politics. What a fall of grace IGN has been.
The characters were simply ugly and unappealing. Counterfeit Guardians of the Galaxy background characters that were elevated to lead status.

An overweight gamer is not really looking to play as an overweight character to feel represented. Gamers usually want to play as characters they think look cool so that they can escape in some fantasy world for a couple of hours.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The characters were simply ugly and unappealing. Counterfeit Guardians of the Galaxy background characters that were elevated to lead status.

An overweight gamer is not really looking to play as an overweight character to feel represented. Gamers usually want to play as characters they think look cool so that they can escape in some fantasy world for a couple of hours.
You can just see how all they cared about when making the roster was diversity.

“We need somebody that’s morbidly obese, make her Polynesian or something, but not Samoan cause that’d be a stereotype, make a buff lady, no she can’t be Russian like overwatch that’s offensive now, make her african American, oh we need a real African too, give them a wakanda accent even though nobody talks like that, get a non binary, borrow that Mrs freeze model from suicide squad, make a generic gruff CoD guy, no no overwatch has that make him a rainbow 6 siege guy instead, and make that alien with the yojimbo hat hair gender fluid, non binary is different from genderfluid, also you know that wise cracking star lord character? Make him a lgbt alien, that’s way too many white characters”

“But sir he’s the only white character and we have like 3 lgbt+ aliens”

“You’re right, what was I thinking….just make him an alien.”

Destruction All Stars had the same thing, it was just so focused on the diverse cast it forgot to make a good destruction derby game. Unlike concord it actually had some buzz as a launch title and had a decent player base with instantaneous matchmaking. It died in weeks all the same.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
You can just see how all they cared about when making the roster was diversity.

“We need somebody that’s morbidly obese, make her Polynesian or something, but not Samoan cause that’d be a stereotype, make a buff lady, no she can’t be Russian like overwatch that’s offensive now, make her african American, oh we need a real African too, give them a wakanda accent even though nobody talks like that, get a non binary, borrow that Mrs freeze model from suicide squad, make a generic gruff CoD guy, no no overwatch has that make him a rainbow 6 siege guy instead, and make that alien with the yojimbo hat hair gender fluid, non binary is different from genderfluid, also you know that wise cracking star lord character? Make him a lgbt alien, that’s way too many white characters”

“But sir he’s the only white character and we have like 3 lgbt+ aliens”

“You’re right, what was I thinking….just make him an alien.”

Destruction All Stars had the same thing, it was just so focused on the diverse cast it forgot to make a good destruction derby game. Unlike concord it actually had some buzz as a launch title and had a decent player base with instantaneous matchmaking. It died in weeks all the same.
It also seems like they couldn't decide if they wanted a cartoon look for the characters or a realistic one so they went for a weird mix of both.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I saw a clip of the Concord characters and they all just looked like people. I forgot what they looked like while I was still looking at them. Isn't the point of a hero shooter supposed to be that they're... heroes? Distinctive? No? Haha.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I saw a clip of the Concord characters and they all just looked like people. I forgot what they looked like while I was still looking at them. Isn't the point of a hero shooter supposed to be that they're... heroes? Distinctive? No? Haha.
The backstory’s and lore were dumb too. You “earned them” through unlocks and one of the hero’s (Bazz) backstory is literally “she became skilled with knives cutting cardboard boxes at her warehouse job, also, she’s transgender”. Okay….

• Haha
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
At this point I'm hoping PS6 is a similar price to the Pro just to see everyone's reaction lol, this has been more entertaining than the console itself by far

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
At this point I'm hoping PS6 is a similar price to the Pro just to see everyone's reaction lol, this has been more entertaining than the console itself by far
You have a short memory then. The PS3 had the same reception. Microsoft performed well that generation.

At least the PS3 at release was a true multimedia machine that had a disc drive and backwards compatibility for PS1 and PS2 games. I doubt the PS6 will even have half the features.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad