Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
It's hilarious how Sweeney goes from hero to zero and back again and so on here on a constant basis.
I remember when he signed Ullmark from Buffalo people screamed for his head on a platter claiming it was a massive overpay for a mediocre goalie. Then he won a Vezina. Now it's we got robbed by Ottawa. Too funny.
I will be loving it when Korpisalo bounces back and plays good hockey as a back up and Kastelic becomes a fan favorite. (The pick who knows.) The love/hate for Sweeney just cracks me up though. Every year.
''Korpisalo bounces back and plays good hockey as a back up and Kastelic becomes a fan favorite. (The pick who knows.)''
That makes it three who knows for one Ullmark.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Just reading the Ullmark signing and how yours truly had it 2 weeks before 4/20 (talk about pulling a number out of my ass lol)

He arrived here not well received but leaves beloved

Feel bad for him he loved it here

Hope he gets a standing ovation

Shame Bruins didn’t hire Jay Leach he’d have a Cup

I don't get what this has to do with valueing this trade or do you want to say Korpisalo will be the next "Ullmark"?

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How did the Ottawa Senators view Korpisalo's value prior to yesterday? Did they consider him an overpaid contributor to their 280 goals against season with an onerous contract length or did they view him as a possible diamond in the rough if they could just convince Bob Essensa to come and work for them?

If the Bruins buy the latter while the Sens were selling the former, somebody screwed themselves.
Let me answer with a question - how did they value him 12 months ago? They obviously thought he had some skill, should a bad year completely change that outlook?

If Ullmark goes there and puts up a 3.00 GAA and .900 SV% do you now value him as a cap dump based off that one season or a reclamation project?

Truth is I don't really know what the Sens or the league value anyone on a given day, I dislike this trade too but I'm trying to find some positive here...maybe I'm hopeless.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
It’s a simple equation. Expensive backup out, cheaper backup, 1st rounder, & toughness for the 4th line in. If you think rental goalies are worth more, good luck. That’s what it looks like right now, nobody knows what the future holds
Expensive backup 5M, Vezina winner
"Cheaper" backup 3M, and he stinks

Makes all the sense in the world

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Detroit just gave up a second round pick to get rid of Jake Walman and his contract that has two more years at 3.4 million. Sweeney is just a moron ....
To be fair that is an awful trade for Detroit, Walman isn't that bad at all.

So why could’ve goalie Bob work is magic with a cheaper and younger bussi over a more expensive reclamation project in korpisalo?
My guess is insurance? But yeah not sure why that insurance couldn't be a vet goalie in FA and not Korpi...maybe they like him a lot more than the FAs

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
So why could’ve goalie Bob work is magic with a cheaper and younger bussi over a more expensive reclamation project in korpisalo?
Yeah that was the whole plan with Bussi but now the hard on for Korpisalo who I doubt they keep at 3 mil per. Real cash is 8 mil over 8 years with a buyout

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't get what this has to do with valueing this trade or do you want to say Korpisalo will be the next "Ullmark"?
No - just pointing out how good I am at identifying goal tending

I identified ullmstk as primary target and caught serious back lash

Check out pretty funny looking back

As for Korpi he’s a highly athletic Goalie and quick

I sit on post row 2 so I got a mental book on all these guys

I wasn’t thrilled he was traded to us but I also read up on him extensively I bet more then everyone here because I was thinking of trading for him in SIM

I eventually got the Coyotes Vejmelka

But I read HF on him when he signed by people who watched him - read Columbus board of posters who seemed like know what there watching

I went deep on this guy - retirement and a deck allows it

He was in a shit show

People want tell me he sucks fine but I’m confident majority only know what they see on hockey data base

I am just as a bruins fan see how this goes - he could be traded, waived, make team or be in Providence

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Our daily reminder that this was our chance to get some cap space and assets.

Assets - check-ish
Cap space - minimal at best

I’d rather have traded him for a 2nd round pick than gain 1.2m in cap for 25th OA. What good does 25OA do the B’s the remainder of this decade?

I’ve never been a Sweeney guy. This is why. What an F’n travesty.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad