Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
''Korpisalo bounces back and plays good hockey as a back up and Kastelic becomes a fan favorite. (The pick who knows.)''
That makes it three who knows for one Ullmark.
Not really. I have confidence Goalie Bob can get Korpisalo back to his .910 save percentage and I am almost certain Kastelic will be a good fit and a definite fan fave. Drafts can never be predicted.

Remember it's a deal for ONE YEAR of Ullmark. For all we know he could come back in a year for more hugs. You can't expect a huge return on a one year deal.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
No - just pointing out how good I am at identifying goal tending

I identified ullmstk as primary target and caught serious back lash

Check out pretty funny looking back

As for Korpi he’s a highly athletic Goalie and quick

I sit on post row 2 so I got a mental book on all these guys

I wasn’t thrilled he was traded to us but I also read up on him extensively I bet more then everyone here because I was thinking of trading for him in SIM

I eventually got the Coyotes Vejmelka

But I read HF on him when he signed by people who watched him - read Columbus board of posters who seemed like know what there watching

I went deep on this guy - retirement and a deck allows it

He was in a shit show

People want tell me he sucks fine but I’m confident majority only know what they see on hockey data base

I am just as a bruins fan see how this goes - he could be traded, waived, make team or be in Providence

I am all rooting for Korpisalo and hopes he plays well but we will find this out in the future and this is totally different part of the story. Until yesterday and until the games begin we will find out how he will do in Boston he is a gamble and has huge NEGATIVE value and Ottawa wanted to get rid of that contract no matter what. Teams PAY to get rid of that kind of contracts. Walman was just traded in this kind of deal, Toronto paid a first rounder to Carolina to take on Marleau, Moore was traded with a second rounder and the list goes and on. Sweeney didnt get anything for taking on that contract or do want people to say Ullmark alone only had the value of an third round pick?!

Last edited:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
All the draft experts have been saying for months the quality falls off a cliff after pick 17/18 or so. 25 this year is like a mid second rounder most years.
I’m waiting for the “this draft is better than expected” or “it’s actually sneakily underrated” talk from the experts.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
By one measure Korpisalo was the second worst goalie in the NHL last year.

Okay, so let's say Goalie Bob can "fix him" and make him into a good goaltender again.

Uh, if he can do that why trade for a guy at 3 million per for 4 years when you could seemingly sign anyone for league minimum and one year? If Goalie Bob is a miracle worker why trade for Korpisalo?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not really. I have confidence Goalie Bob can get Korpisalo back to his .910 save percentage and I am almost certain Kastelic will be a good fit and a definite fan fave. Drafts can never be predicted.

Remember it's a deal for ONE YEAR of Ullmark. For all we know he could come back in a year for more hugs. You can't expect a huge return on a one year deal.

What could goalie Bob have done for bussi at 30% of the cap hit though?

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Okay, so let's say Goalie Bob can "fix him" and make him into a good goaltender again.

Uh, if he can do that why trade for a guy at 3 million per for 4 years when you could seemingly sign anyone for league minimum and one year? If Goalie Bob is a miracle worker why trade for Korpisalo?
All I can think is they must like Korpi more than the UFAs or they have no plan of keeping him....otherwise yeah why not just sign a vet for 800k if you think Bussi ain't ready.

I wonder if Essensa has any say in who they go after.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I would HOPE that Bussi is ready and can bury Kopi in AHL so his cap hit is 2 or 1.8 M and he’s Goalie insurance and can trade him if another team needs a G

worst case they retain 25% and he’s easier 2 M trade

Of 20 m
Ottawa 8
Boston 4
Team x 8

You proposed 25, Ostapchuk and forsberg and people scoffed at it. The end result was worse
Ha yes

Forsberg was 1 year too

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Just paid some guy 100k for a couple packs of pokemon cards.

Just need to pull a holo Charizard 1st edition and my wife will rescind the divorce papers. Not sure why she doesn't see the logic in this plan.
Kinda starting to think all these sarcastic parables you’ve been presenting lately are based on life experiences. You’re great at it

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Says more about Ottawa than it does Korpisalo. He had a .914 the year before between the Jackets and Kings

• Haha
Reactions: EverettMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad