Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Honest question, i dont know the answer.

If Korpisolo could be put on waivers today with a 4x$3M hit, does anyone grab him.

I hope like hell the answer is yes. If not, can put a nail in coffin on the “maybe we can flip him” hopes.

I know the answer to the same question for Bussi.

Jul 6, 2016
Bruins still have the excellent Swayman + Bussi in Providence. And they receive one of the Sens’ first round pick which could become very valuable.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
You proposed 25, Ostapchuk and forsberg and people scoffed at it. The end result was worse
I was following the Ottawa board during this mess, Many of them had close to the deal if Linus came wo an extension. The non extension changes everything. If there was even a small chance of him extending there would have been condition to address that.

Reactions: DoubleBack

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Haha. When I read the news break two hours ago I saw that it was a 2024 BOS 1st Rd pick and I thought we were sending the pick in this trade, which would make the trade a journeyman center and a lesser goaltender making 66% the money for Ullmark and a BOS 1st. I thought it was literally the worst trade in the history of professional sports.

Now that I see that the BOS 1st is our pick coming back to us, this looks miles better in comparison. Given the restrictions on Ullmark, I'll call this trade a draw. Certainly better than what I thought it was.
you are being kind.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Honest question, i dont know the answer.

If Korpisolo could be put on waivers today with a 4x$3M hit, does anyone grab him.

I hope like hell the answer is yes. If not, can put a nail in coffin on the “maybe we can flip him” hopes.

I know the answer to the same question for Bussi.

I don’t think anyone would grab him but I damn sure hope they try it

Reactions: Number8

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I was following the Ottawa board during this mess, Many of them had close to the deal if Linus came wo an extension. The non extension changes everything. If there was even a small chance of him extending there would have been condition to address that.
A lot can happen over a season. Should have been a condition regardless. If the chance was so slim, OTT would have been OK with giving it, no?

This place will explode if Linus finds out over next year that he and his family love Ottawa area.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
The urban legend has it that Donny and Cam are wasting their elite managing talent in sports instead of being experts in recycling and human waste management.

Both should be in sort of a place where other people would come, Donny would bow and hold his hands together in front of the person while the person would dispose of his shit.
Donny would keep holding it while saying "Very good, very good. I know, now it stinks, but this is some solid stuff, once it dries up it will be a very firm stuff, maybe even a centerpiece."
From time to time would Cam see Donny in his office and after seeing all that shit around him would say" Oh, so much shit you got here, Don. There must be a horse here somewhere, right?"

The only problem with that legend is that all that stuff going through Donny's hands is mostly liquid and nothing firm to hold onto.
So both end up with empty hands, just full of shit.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I don’t think anyone would grab him but I damn sure hope they try it
I tend to agree. If so he has negative value to Boston. Goalie Bob is only hope to fix this.

His early .900+ SV% was as a part timer early in his career. Since then we talking a long string of .800’s

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
A lot can happen over a season. Should have been a condition regardless. If the chance was so slim, OTT would have been OK with giving it, no?

This place will explode if Linus finds out over next year that he and his family love Ottawa area.
What's the point of giving it if they have been told he will not resign , again I'm only speculating but if that was the case and Linus indeed moves forward with an extension I would love to be a fly on DS wall.

Again like everyone else I'm trying to make sense of things

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
But what would you have expected for an unsigned Ullmark?
I never even thought about it I kind of figured he’s getting 5/35 or whatever

If I’m Sens I would have offered 25OA

Definitely NOT Ostapchuk without extension so Kastelic logical and here is the kicker - freakin Lou brought him up to me 1-2 days ago as maybe in this. Lou is the GOAT

And I’m getting 1 year of Ullmark so I send back 1 remaining year of Forsberg

Korpi honestly floored me - did the Bruins actually ask for him instead at 3 M as their new Halak NHL vet?

Did they think he could be the LAK guy and was in horrible situation

I have 0.0 idea what game plan is for Korpi ?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What's the point of giving it if they have been told he will not resign , again I'm only speculating but if that was the case and Linus indeed moves forward with an extension I would love to be a fly on DS wall.

Again like everyone else I'm trying to make sense of things
This place will go apeshit in a way that makes yesterday/today seem like a Zen spa retreat day.

If it’s possible to have a riot online, that’s what will happen.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Don Sweeney and the Bruins made an expected, but big move Monday night, trading away goaltender Linus Ullmark to the Ottawa Senators.

The rise of 25-year-old goaltender Jeremy Swayman as the number one option for the Bruins in net meant that Ullmark’s days were numbered. After reportedly trying to deal Ullmark at the deadline to the Los Angeles Kings this season, the Bruins found their partner and moved on from one-half of their lauded goalie rotation.

In return, the Bruins received a 2024 first-round draft pick (No. 25), along with veteran goaltender Joonas Korpisalo and forward Mark Kastelic.

Two former Bruins, Mike Milbury and Andrew Raycroft, weighed in on the trade Tuesday morning on The Greg Hill Show and Gresh & Fauria, respectively.

Milbury, who gave the trade a B- grade, told Greg Hill that the trade was not “a steal by any stretch of the imagination.” Listen to the full segment above.

“They downgrade their second goalie, but he’s OK, and they pick up a chip with Kastelic who can play on the fourth line – he needs to get his wheels going a little bit better – and they roll the dice with a first-round pick. … It’s not a huge haul,” Milbury said.

Hill asked Milbury whether he thought Sweeney, who was “in a pickle” given Ullmark’s no-trade list, did the best he could.

"The position he was in was the position he was in because he put himself in that,” Millbury said.

He gave him half the league not to trade him. I guess LA was one of the teams you couldn’t trade him to, so you got to live with that. That’s the price you pay when you’re dealing with a free agent. You sell your soul to the devil when you try to sign these guys. Usually, you overpay and give them more protection than maybe they should have gotten.

“In the end it all works out. I think Swayman should be the number one guy. I think Korpisalo is certainly a 1A, 1B, he’s a seasoned professional. I wish it was a little less on the money side. If I was one of the Bruins goaltenders in the organization, I’d be not particularly happy today.”

Raycroft had a much more positive outlook on the return the Bruins got when appearing on Gresh & Fauria. Listen to the full segment above.

“The trade market for goaltending is just different,” Raycroft said. “There’s a lot of guys that can play goal and it has to be a right fit, it has to be the perfect fit.

If you thought they were going to get a top-10 pick for Linus Ullmark, a guy who played 40 games last season, didn’t play any games in the playoff run basically, you’re really reaching. And if you’re upset about it, that’s kind of your own fault for setting expectations not in a proper place.”

Raycroft saw the move by the Bruins as a solid return for a move that Sweeney had to make.

“[Ullmark] needed to go play somewhere else and they found a way to do that, open up some cap space,” he said. “They got a backup goaltender now, they got a veteran guy who was and has been very good in this league to help Swayman and keep that tandem going. And they got a guy up front that’s big and strong and who’s fought the toughest guys in the National Hockey League.”

“It's a win for me because you had to trade Linus Ullmark. It just wasn’t going to work to have him come back. And the longer the deal doesn’t get done, the less places there are for Linus to go, the harder it is.”

Raycroft also agreed with Christian Fauria that Ullmark’s pedigree as the winner of the 2023 Vezina Trophy for the Bruins set unrealistic expectations for the trade.

“Listen, the trophy’s nice and amazing, the All-Star Game last year, the 40 wins, his season was incredible a year and a half ago but that was a year and a half ago,” Razor said. “I understand the Vezina Trophy, but I don’t think that registered with the teams that wanted or didn’t want Linus. It was about what he’s done over the last 12 months, which is really good and he played really well. The Bruins didn’t have as much leverage on this as what was the perception with some people.”
Hey Mike M. The Bruins signed Ullmark for free. He had 15 team no trade list. Sweeney did so well with this signing and now we have assets for free. I think Sweeney did ok in the end.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Definitely NOT Ostapchuk without extension so Kastelic logical and here is the kicker - freakin Lou brought him up to me 1-2 days ago as maybe in this. Lou is the GOAT

Korpi honestly floored me - did the Bruins actually ask for him instead at 3 M as their new Halak NHL vet?

I hope Korpisalo goes 2.20 and .938SV% as a backup. If so, i will eat crow like nobody’s business.

If so, Bruins management will cement the top spot as GOATs of veteran player reclamation scouting.

Just hard to see. JK has a long established history as a part time goalie with very bad numbers.

I said before that id be OK keeping Linus for season and trying again at TDL if return was not right.

Pressure is now on to find an impact player at 25. Hope scouts are working 18 hour+ days for next few days.

Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

I think we had figured a Forsberg 50%, Kastelic and 2024 1 for unsigned and 25 plus Ostapchuk/Kleven for a signed Linus. We were not too far off. The Korpisalo thing is just something neither of us thought about

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I hope Korpisalo goes 2.20 and .938SV% as a backup. If so, i will eat crow like nobody’s business.

If so, Bruins management will cement the top spot as GOATs of veteran player reclamation scouting.

Just hard to see. JK has a long established history as a part time goalie with very bad numbers.

I said before that id be OK keeping Linus for season and trying again at TDL if return was not right.

Pressure is now on to find an impact player at 25. Hope scouts are working 18 hour+ days for next few days.

Ok let’s say korpisalo does this.

How does this improve our playoff roster? We just moved our most movable trade asset and at very best got a 4th liner who is maybe 50/50 to be a playoff healthy scratch.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
My fearful prediction. Jeremy Swayman RS GP.

22/23 - 37
23/24 - 44
24/25 - 76 (all 69 of final 69 of season)

24/25 PO Minutes - every single second outside of late game EN time.

Seriously, I wonder what JS is thinking right now, outside of “at least I’m rich)?

Ok let’s say korpisalo does this.

How does this improve our playoff roster? We just moved our most movable trade asset and at very best got a 4th liner who is maybe 50/50 to be a playoff healthy scratch.
Just trying to make a sandwich out of shit. It’s all i got.

Really praying this $3M four year yoke doesn’t have us saying “wish we had the money to get XYZ” at trade deadline for next four years.

There HAS to be another piece to this puzzle, doesn’t there???? Please????

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Like any trade, have to wait to judge the outcome. Korpisalo is the last player I expected coming back, though. He has pretty much sucked his whole career and his contract makes him hard to flip in another deal.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Number8

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
My fearful prediction. Jeremy Swayman RS GP.

22/23 - 37
23/24 - 44
24/25 - 76 (all 69 of final 69 of season)

24/25 PO Minutes - every single second outside of late game EN time.

Seriously, I wonder what JS is thinking right now, outside of “at least I’m rich)?

Just trying to make a sandwich out of shit. It’s all i got.

Really praying this $3M four year yoke doesn’t have us saying “wish we had the money to get XYZ” at trade deadline for next four years.

There HAS to be another piece to this puzzle, doesn’t there???? Please????
Swaymans probably trying to find a way to meander his way to Ottawa. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Number8

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
So with Korpisalo as a reclamation project they're sacrificing some of their cap now for a return in the future, but also sacrificing some of the future by blocking Bussi and exposing him to waivers. What even is the play here? They want a good veteran behind Swayman, but not too good, and they want to develop an asset, but not the 25 year old.

Montreal did really well flipping Monahan but they were a 30 win team going nowhere and there wasn't another forward who could've done as well as him or better.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Like any trade, have to wait to judge the outcome. Korpisalo is the last player I expected coming back, though. He has pretty much sucked his whole career and his contract makes him hard to flip in another deal.
Didn't the Sens think this as well

So with Korpisalo as a reclamation project they're sacrificing some of their cap now for a return in the future, but also sacrificing some of the future by blocking Bussi and exposing him to waivers. What even is the play here? They want a good veteran behind Swayman, but not too good, and they want to develop an asset, but not the 25 year old.
Just waive him and send him to providence if he clears, Bussi gets the back up job and we have a vet in the minors in case of injury

Reactions: Forester65

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Goalie Bob has nothing to do with this laughable trade. Then we see the Detroit trade……..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad