Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
If we were the Leafs, I would be highly skeptical of fixing Korpisalo, but I'm pretty sure they must think he's fixable or it doesnt make any sense. Buy-out isnt that painful either if we need space

Reactions: Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So Bussi signed a new 2 year contract to be stuck in Providence?I wonder if he knew that was to be the case.
1719355629395.png

Reactions: Gordoff

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
It’s amazing people can’t wait for the .910 save percentage reclamation project when he plays 25 games against bottom feeders this year.

Meanwhile when the playoff come around korpisalo and Kestalic will be healthy scratches while we are getting pummeled in our own defensive zone again.
Kestalic is 1 of 2 players on our roster that can win a face-off.

Reactions: DoubleBack

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Bob's new reclamation project. It seems to be a common trait of Sweeney that he thinks the Bruins can make average or underperforming players better. There's some arrogance in that, but to be fair sometimes he's right (Peeke, Zacha) and sometimes he's not (Ritchie, Reilly). This one's a really big challenge.

1719356033790.png

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
On crappy team.
That .901 average is not what it seems:

CBS
.920 31 GP ‘15/16
.905 14 GP ‘16/‘17
.897 18 GP ‘17/‘18
.897 27 GP ‘18/‘19
.911 37 GP ‘19/20
.894 33 GP ‘20/‘21
.877 22 GP ‘21/‘22

CBS/LA
.912 28 GP (CBS) ‘22/‘23
.921 11 GP (LA) ‘22/‘23

OTT
.890 55GP ‘23/24

Four solid seasons. Five horrid seasons. Four of those with 3+ GAA and one season with 4+ GAA. So even if teams weren’t great, it’s not like he was seeing a ton of rubber and making shit tons of saves. He was seeing a shit ton of rubber and performing poorly.

That’s some pretty risky results for a $3Mx4 year CAP commitment. And a lot of money with long term for what is obviously going to be a backup role.

Maybe he’ll turn the corner in Boston. But we gave up a lot to make that bet. Linus with or without an extension was worth a late first by himself.

Ottawa should have paid US for taking on that contract. Not the other way around.

So Sweeney saw korpisalo and his contract as a valuable asset then.
:leafs

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Let's go korpi! Hope to see those Columbus days again here. I think we will.

Bob's new reclamation project. It seems to be a common trait of Sweeney that he thinks the Bruins can make average or underperforming players better. There's some arrogance in that, but to be fair sometimes he's right (Peeke, Zacha) and sometimes he's not (Ritchie, Reilly). This one's a really big challenge.

View attachment 887256
Bob the builder will make korpi a solid backup . That's my bet.

Reactions: DoubleBack

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
So Bussi signed a new 2 year contract to be stuck in Providence?I wonder if he knew that was to be the case.
I think if he has a better camp than Korpisalo he'll get the opportunity. Bussi as the backup with Korp in Prov would actually save money on the cap vs. having Korp as the backup so the team should have no problem sending him down if Bussi forces the issue.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Let's go korpi! Hope to see those Columbus days again here. I think we will.

Bob the builder will make korpi a solid backup . That's my bet.
Which Columbus days did we trade for and pay $3M of much needed Cap Room for next four years for?

Before you answer, scroll up above and look at his season by season numbers. Very expensive and risky commitment to get married to for long term.

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015

View attachment 887256

One man's arrogance is another's faith in human beings.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Which Columbus days did we trade for and pay $3M of much needed Cap Room for next four years for?

Before you answer, scroll up above and look at his season by season numbers. Very expensive and risky commitment to get married to for long term.
Most backup goalies go for 2 to 3 million a year. Korpi has some solid seasons with Columbus and played decent with los angeles. Ottawa is a tire fire especially back there let's see with how he does with a solid defensive team.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
One man's arrogance is another's faith in human beings.

I see you're point, but it's perhaps a little deep for the situation. They're highly paid professional athletes, not kids from rough neighborhoods looking for a leg up in life. They've either got some untapped performance potential or they don't, and even if they do your team might not be the one to find it.

I don't mean to be too hard on Sweeney. He genuinely seems like a decent guy who likes to think he can get the best out of people. And, if you want to use a less-loaded word, he's confident in his ability in that regard. Which is fine. But then you've got to be able to back it up.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Most backup goalies go for 2 to 3 million a year. Korpi has some solid seasons with Columbus and played decent with los angeles. Ottawa is a tire fire especially back there let's see with how he does with a solid defensive team.
A backup with 10 NTC (not really a problem, right now he’d clear waivers is my bet).

He had some horrid seasons with Columbus as well. Truly horrid.

If it were a one year deal, I’d say give it a roll. But four years? Mark my words, at some point in the near future we’re going to miss out on a really good opportunity because we don’t have the Cap.

I’m rooting for the guy, but there is no way to spin this trade as a positive as it stands.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

View attachment 887256

Essensa did a heck of a job cleaning up Ullmark's game coming from Buffalo where he was all arms and legs. Even from Year 1 in Boston to Year 2 there was a noticeable difference in his movements. Much more compact and clean.

Even Swayman since he broke in. Remember when he started in Boston he used to come out and challenge shooters a bit too much and would lose his angle a bit but that part of his game is practically gone now.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Essensa did a heck of a job cleaning up Ullmark's game coming from Buffalo where he was all arms and legs. Even from Year 1 in Boston to Year 2 there was a noticeable difference in his movements. Much more compact and clean.

Even Swayman since he broke in. Remember when he started in Boston he used to come out and challenge shooters a bit too much and would lose his angle a bit but that part of his game is practically gone now.
As long as Korp doesn't have an ego and is willing to listen, he should be better under Bob and behind Boston's team defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad