Traded Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He had to waive his NTC to come here so I'm not worried, rumours are he's looking for 35 mil over 5 years though which is workable but high.

With only a season left on his contract I get why he waived his NTC, but I don't think it necessarily means he's ready to sign in Ottawa for the rest of his career, or at least the bulk of what's left.

Not a lot of reasons for the Bruins to refuse the Sens talking extension with Ullmark pre-trade unless he's not interested in extending right away or wants a ridiculous contract that they think would scare the Sens way.

Hopefully Staios can get him locked up for something like 35M/5YRs. Would be fine by me.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
My hot take without having read more than OP?

Hell of a good trade. Of course I have no idea what his contract is/will be, but this is a win in my books.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
If no extension.. I still like it and it's fine just not a home run. Another short term solution to a long term problem? But in this case, even if it doesn't work out we essentially clear from Korpi contract and that's something.

We can't change the past, this seems like a good bet to me with minimal downside. Late 1st is 50/50 to be an NHL regular I think.

Reactions: DrEasy

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
No extension is better if he was asking for 7M x 5 years.

The odds of him being in a position to ask for much more than that are low. If he does play like a franchise goalie, you're happy to give him 8.XX but if he signs for 7M with term now and he's not a fit, there is a lot less flexibility to move him.

It's what they should have done with Murray considering his past issues at the time, but I suspect they needed the term so that they could get the cheaper first year to maximize the budget.

Reactions: Crosside

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Apparently Ullmark has announced he will not sign an extension and will go to free agency after the year is completed.

Not sure I like this anymore, if true.

What's the point if we can't keep him?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I guess there is no incentive for Ullmark to sign quickly. The leverage is his now. I guess when there isnt a bidding war Boston cant hope for an in-division premium

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Apparently Ullmark has announced he will not sign an extension and will go to free agency after the year is completed.

lol this isn’t true. Friedman said he’s “willing” to play out the year but the sides will talk in coming days.

h2

Mar 26, 2002

Still worth it to get rid of Korpisalo.

If we traded a top 10 pick like Dorion has done twice for rentals, then it would be horrible.

Who gives a f*** about the 25th pick, it's more likely to be a bust anyway.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
lol this isn’t true. Friedman said he’s “willing” to play out the year but the sides will talk in coming days.

I heard this from the Dangle coverage of the game right now so it might very well not be true... Surely hope that's the case.

I have PTSD from the Dorion era.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

To be honest, I think that makes it better.

His next contract is going to be a monster that will not age well. We get him at his best while playing for a new contract, and can flip him at the deadline for a late first and probably a sweetener for a team that wants that insulation for a Cup run. So essentially we get him for free.

Reactions: Icelevel

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I’m like 10 minutes behind in the SCF, came in here to kill some time in first intermission, did not expect this!

Great trade, hopefully get a first back in a Chychrun trade!

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I heard this from the Dangle coverage of the game right now so it might very well not be true... Surely hope that's the case.

I have PTSD from the Dorion era.
There is no way they won't talk.. I could have told they would talk in the coming days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad