Traded Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I’m like 10 minutes behind in the SCF, came in here to kill some time in first intermission, did not expect this!

Great trade, hopefully get a first back in a Chychrun trade!

I know, right?

Didn't even think about searching for any trades or NHL news on game day.

This is wild.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I heard this from the Dangle coverage of the game right now so it might very well not be true... Surely hope that's the case.

I have PTSD from the Dorion era.

Dangle totally has better contacts than friggin' Friedman so it makes sense for him to have more specific information.

Joking, he doesn't and this is ridiculous.

Reactions: Icelevel

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd say he'll sign.
I hope there is a handshake understanding on signing on July 1. If so, this is a win for the team. If not, then we have a good goaltender for one year only and the goaltending issue is not solved in the longer term.

Hopefully the AAV for Ullmark's next contract is acceptable and will be in line with his future performance.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
There is no way they won't talk.. I could have told they would talk in the coming days

What was said (by Dangle who interpreted what Friedman said - so take with massive grain of salt) was no negotiation at all and Ullmark going straight to free agency.

Again... nothing confirmed and I have not even heard what Friedman said.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Apparently, Boston thought they were getting Korpisalo at 75 percent retained, not that they were taking 75 percent of his contract. Now they are pissed.
The ghost of Pierre Dorion was on the other line, telling one last lie on a trade call and misleading the Bruins about how much retention they were getting.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I hope there is a handshake understanding on signing on July 1. If so, this is a win for the team. If not, then we have a good goaltender for one year only and the goaltending issue is not solved in the longer term.

Hopefully the AAV for Ullmark's next contract is acceptable and will be in line with his future performance.

Exactly. This trade is a massive win either way.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I heard this from the Dangle coverage of the game right now so it might very well not be true... Surely hope that's the case.

I have PTSD from the Dorion era.
5Oa.gif

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I'm not fully convinced by Ullmark just yet, but great trade, literally can't complain about anything here. I'm shocked they got rid of Korpi at all, and to toss in deadweight in Kastelic is icing on the cake

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Don't love that we didn't get to talk to Ullmark at all about an extension.

Like I said when the DeBrincat trade happened, that's a red flag. Might mean he wants to play out the year like DeBrincat, or he could just be asking for too much.

Still in this case we're talking about a late 1st for a top tier starting goalie + getting to dump a bad contract, so it's a win even if Ullmark doesn't extend.
We dumped 75% of a bad contract.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Apparently Ullmark has announced he will not sign an extension and will go to free agency after the year is completed.

Not sure I like this anymore, if true.

What's the point if we can't keep him?
Source?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm not fully convinced by Ullmark just yet, but great trade, literally can't complain about anything here. I'm shocked they got rid of Korpi at all, and to toss in deadweight in Kastelic is icing on the cake

Same. I think any goalie playing behind our D is going to look average, at best. But getting rid of some dead weight and giving a guy with good pedigree a chance is definitely an upgrade.

None of our core guys can say Staios is sitting on his hands and not trying to improve the team, either. Now find an RD, and the kids are out of excuses next year.

Reactions: robsenz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad