Traded Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
And Ottawa fans have no soul
And we have no balls and our fathers had no balls.
tumblr_nvx2fwIFru1us88awo2_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Same. I think any goalie playing behind our D is going to look average, at best. But getting rid of some dead weight and giving a guy with good pedigree a chance is definitely an upgrade.

None of our core guys can say Staios is sitting on his hands and not trying to improve the team, either. Now find an RD, and the kids are out of excuses next year.
Would it surprise you to learn Ottawa had a better xGA this season than Boston?

Turns out your goals against looks really bad when your starter has the worst medium danger save % in the league lol

Reactions: KingAlfie11

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So is Bruce just Brucing when he said he’s looking for north of 6 mil and both sides are discussing an extension?

Staios and his agent are going to be discussing an extension and he's absolutely going to ask for 6M+, so nothing what Bruce is saying is incorrect here.

Question is how long that discussion lasts and how much he demands to extend right away.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I feel like a late first is what is costs to move a contract like Korpisalo typically. The fact we also got Ullmark back is crazy.

Contracts like that are never moved because it ends up not making sense for either side. Too much term.

With that said, this is the second surprising contract moved this season with San Jose taking Goodrow. Possibly for nothing (although there could be a backdoor deal for later on as to not get heat for circumventing his NTC). Maybe teams are softening up on what is considered a bad contract with the cap going up.

It wouldn't shock me if the Bruins intend on moving Korpisalo. There is probably an avenue to move him. Maybe Korpisalo for Cam Atkinson, who has a higher cap hit, but is off the books at the end of the season. Maybe if they are going after Necas, and if there is still concern about the health of Andersen, they could move him to Carolina with some additional retention.

Reactions: BigRig4

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021

Turns out your goals against looks really bad when your starter has the worst medium danger save % in the league lol
Yes Yes and he'll yeah that's one thing tha most fans don't see to know our advance stats were better then Boston in almost every category except save percentage

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Staios didn't get things this far just to not sign him

Staios has been backed into a corner due to Dorion.

We're one additional losing season away from potentially seeing our captain request a trade out of town, and going into next season with Korpisalo as the starter is asking for another short year.

I'm normally the guy focusing more on asset management compared to most around here, but I completely understand pulling the trigger on this deal even if Ullmark may be a 1 year rental.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wow, way better than I was thinking or hoping, I was thinking Forsberg, but to get out from the Korpi one for a million year, what a win.

Hopefully alfie can help persuade him to sign longer. I guess no extension this summer so a lot of pressure on everyone to have a good year.
Or Soogard

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Brady-Tim-Giroux
Greig - Norris - Bath
Crookshank- Pinto - ???
Kelly - ??? - kachouk
Macewen

Is this roughly what our forward group looks like so far?

Assuming josh is healthy, will greig play middle six LW or 4C?
I thought I heard about 3 weeks ago that Katchouk wouldn’t be back. (?)

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

That xga shit is bullshit if you watched both teams play. We might carry play but our breakdowns were catastrophic.

Boston is way more committed to defensive play than our players.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
This trade has the side benefit of making the Sens a more attractive destination to free agents. It'd be nice to have DeMelo back or sign Tanev.
The only thing that could make Ottawa an attractive free agent destination is the memory wipe gizmo from men in black

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Staios has been backed into a corner due to Dorion.

We're one additional losing season away from potentially seeing our captain request a trade out of town, and going into next season with Korpisalo as the starter is asking for another short year.

I'm normally the guy focusing more on asset management compared to most around here, but I completely understand pulling the trigger on this deal even if Ullmark may be a 1 year rental.

Summed up exactly how I feel about this trade.

Considering the situation Staios was in, he did exceptionally well.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
That xga shit is bullshit if you watched both teams play. We might carry play but our breakdowns were catastrophic.

Boston is way more committed to defensive play than our players.
Yes...which is captured by xGA. It's not a perfect stat by any means but Boston being a great defensive team is by reputation only. They had 2 elite tenders which masked their mediocre play.

Ullmark and Swayman had a 90 and 89 save% respectively on medium danger chances. Korpisalo was a league worst (unless you count 11 games of Prosvetov in Colorado) 82%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad