OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Picked up the complete series,same vein as Endevour or Inspector Morse,same creator,thoroughly enjoyable through a few episodes.

View attachment 722662
Everything from Colin Dexter is a treat. If only there were more shows like that,would be sublime.

I tried Endeavour and it was painfully slow.

Just how patient are you? :sarcasm:
I have to ask,a tad curious,what is slow? Without question this is the first time I've ever heard the word slow associated with any of Dexters works.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I just watched American Graffiti for the first time and I don't quite know why it took me over 40 years to do so, especially considering I really love the very similar (in structure at least) Dazed and Confused.

Is it controversial to call Graffiti the best Lucas-directed movie?
Fan of Happy Days?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have to ask,a tad curious,what is slow? Without question this is the first time I've ever heard the word slow associated with any of Dexters works.
It’s been a while but just the pace of it. I didn’t get too far either, it just felt like every little thing dragged on. Maybe there might have been a point where it would have taken off but it felt like too much of an investment, so I pulled the plug.

We can’t all like the same stuff, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

raise yor hand if u luv the beach as much as i do
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I tried Endeavour and it was painfully slow.

Just how patient are you? :sarcasm:
By nature I am not a patient man,however getting infused with Japanese culture taught me a lot of patience,the less said about ''parenting'' bonsai trees the better:nod:
That however does not spill into my viewing preferences,never know what you're gonna like and when.I/we don't find it slow at all,very visual to start as studying the characters,very complex show,so many features but to each their own.

Never watched.
Do you like corny?:laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I mean.. Yeah, I kinda liked the setting of American Graffiti and really liked its slice-of-life approach. But what made it a great movie is the writing.
Just to make it clear,AG was not corny if comparing with Happy Days,same idea,but not the same quality.

Reactions: Runner77 and MXD

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What a legend , hours and hours with my grandmother watching Wheel of Fortune as a younging.

Pat Sajak could pull any octogenarian girl in the world with his eyes closed :cool::cool::cool:
Doesn’t he already have an octogenarian flipping letters? I kid, but it doesn’t look like White wants to step down. She’s asking for a pay raise.

• Haha

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Doesn’t he already have an octogenarian flipping letters? I kid, but it doesn’t look like White wants to step down. She’s asking for a pay raise.
I don't remember any woman at anytime getting a hard on for him,is he choice material?:dunno:

She hasn't had a raise in 18 years! Stuck on a paltry 3 mill a year when he is getting 18! or something like that. Who needs a PHD or a masters if you can yak and turn on a light bulb:doh:

• Haha
Reactions: HabbyGuy

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
You know what man
The Flash was f***ing awesome.
I know the actors a weirdo or whatever but God damn that was a load of fun still
And it was just GREAT seeing Keaton reprise Batman wow was that a treat

Highly recommend

• Wow
Reactions: Kimota

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A Small Light: 8.5/10 Great serie.

the bear season 2: 8.5/10 great season
Someone else that saw A Small Light! Of course I would see it and everybody knows how it turns out for the Frank family but it was well done showing not just the Franks world but what and whom surrounded them and their lives. It seems pretty accurate for the most part and the Franks were only one of many in that dire predicament. Having heard stories from my parents,grandparents and other relatives,some of which were part of the resistance it was interesting to see. Would have preferred it if it was done in Dutch with subtitles but I got used to it,it would have made it feel more genuine.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
There's a doctor from Montreal on the new season of Alone on Netflix.

Love that show. It's solo wilderness survival in Alaska. The doctor is very impressive.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There's a doctor from Montreal on the new season of Alone on Netflix.

Love that show. It's solo wilderness survival in Alaska. The doctor is very impressive.
Nice guy too, wears his heart in his sleeve. Love the creative way he used his underwear.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
It’s been a while but just the pace of it. I didn’t get too far either, it just felt like every little thing dragged on. Maybe there might have been a point where it would have taken off but it felt like too much of an investment, so I pulled the plug.

We can’t all like the same stuff, I suppose.
Right! you're into reality stuff,I forgot.lol.

• Haha

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
You blokes get some UK shows? this is an odd one,bizarre and poorly thought out,yet it has some allure,crimes,gangster,killing,drugs,during the eighties.Solid soundtrack during the show,all from that time.Have gotten just a sniff and it's only a few episodes so might last to see how she goes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Right! you're into reality stuff,I forgot.lol.
Are you kidding me? No, that’s just brainless background noise. I enjoy a well written and acted series as much as the next guy. Extra slow stuff that drowns in dialogue tends to bore me.

Instead of trying to pigeon-hole me with that condescending barb, perhaps you could have provided some kind of snapshot about the point at which you became completely invested in Endeavour, whether there is some action, which actors you enjoyed, which scene or episode and why, what your favorite season was, etc. You know, the type of milestones that would help me decide if that series is worth diving into given how long it’s been around.

« Right! You’re into Amsterdam’s red light district, I forgot, lol »

See how that works? :)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Are you kidding me? No, that’s just brainless background noise. I enjoy a well written and acted series as much as the next guy. Extra slow stuff that drowns in dialogue tends to bore me.

Instead of trying to pigeon-hole me with that condescending barb, perhaps you could have provided some kind of snapshot about the point at which you became completely invested in Endeavour, whether there is some action, which actors you enjoyed, which scene or episode and why, what your favorite season was, etc. You know, the type of milestones that would help me decide if that series is worth diving into given how long it’s been around.

« Right! You’re into Amsterdam’s red light district, I forgot, lol »

See how that works? :)

NGL, I watched a teaser for Endeavour and got bored within 45 seconds.

I personally enjoy dramas and don’t need to watch shit blow up all the time, and I do love crime stories but nope, got ZERO interest in this. Credit to you for even attempting it.

On that note and stuff blowing up, got my tickets to Mission Impossible for next week. I CANNOT wait!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
NGL, I watched a teaser for Endeavour and got bored within 45 seconds.

I personally enjoy dramas and don’t need to watch shit blow up all the time, and I do love crime stories but nope, got ZERO interest in this. Credit to you for even attempting it.

On that note and stuff blowing up, got my tickets to Mission Impossible for next week. I CANNOT wait!
Glad to see I wasn’t alone in not being able to get through it. It wasn’t an Endeavour as much as it was a Chore.

Reactions: sandviper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad